"Failed to create AppDomain" error, after using "Copy Website"

I don't have IIS installed on my development machine. I don't see the IIS in Services in Control panel. I am using Visual Studio 2008 to develop websites. I think Visual Studio 2008 doesn't require IIS to run web applications! Using the "Copy Website" in Visual Studio 2008 I copied a website from my local development machine to a webhosting server. I connected to ftp site of the hosting company to do the copy. No problem there with the website on the hosting server and everything works fine on the hosting server. I can preview my site with no problem. After I copied, now I can't run the website on my local machine in visual studio. I want to make some changes to the website on local machine, test it and then copy again to the hosting server. I can't do this now. Whenever I build the website on local machine I get the error "Failed to create AppDomain". Whats going on. Please help me understand and help me to fix it. I wnat to run the applications again on my local machine.

thanks in advance

0
newtoasp123

Do you have .NET 3.5 SP1 on your machine? i assume you have it, its a known issue issue in that. search for Security.Config file, \\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<yourversion>\CONFIG, try replacing that with older version(one before SP1) or you can rename it or delete it.

another solution you can make use of is resetting security policies.

goto-> Visual Studio Command Prompt -> caspol -reset

this will reset security policies.

Hope this solves. if you still have the problem, pls paste your stack trace here, that might give some clue. waiting for your test results.

THIS REDUCES TIME FOR OTHERS..!
0
SurendraKishore
4/30/2009 12:24:18 PM

 thanks for your advice. When I started visual studio, the next morning, the website is running!! I observed after everytime I copy my website to the hosting server, and then run the website through visual studio in my local machine, I get the error "Failed to create AppDomain. I just close the visual studio and open it again, then no error. Without closing I tried the caspol -reset at visual studio command prompt, but it didn't work. I don't understand. Now I do close the visual studio and open it again. It works for me.

 thanks

0
newtoasp123

"copy website", "publish website", or just "copy and paste"
Hi: So far i know 3 ways to upload website from local pc to real server, but want to understand more: 1. In Visual studio menu, Build->Publish Web Site, if I choose a local folder, and start to run, you will find the published website in the local folder, and you will find some .dll files in Bin folder..., same thing, if the website is published to a real server folder, will be the same story. The main advantage is: when user opens the website, it will load faster because it is precompiled, Am I correct here so far? 2. The "copy website" function in Visual Studio is just copy...

"Using" or "With"

Using "+" or "||"

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

quotes, quotes, quotes...

Error after publishing website
Hi, I have asp.net website application and I want to publish it. I created compiled code by using "Publish Web Site" option and then I pointed a new Virtual Directory toward this path. It worked fine except in one case. I have page directive "codepage="65001"" on some of my .aspx pages. None of these page works and when I try to browse this page, it gives me error "Compiler Error Message: BC30456: 'CodePage' is not a member of 'ASP.webadmin_aspx'." "Line 1:  <%@ page language="VB" autoeventwireup="fals...

Error after publishing website
Hi, I have asp.net website application and I want to publish it. I created compiled code by using "Publish Web Site" option and then I pointed a new Virtual Directory toward this path. It worked fine except in one case. I have page directive "codepage="65001"" on some of my .aspx pages. None of these page works and when I try to browse this page, it gives me error "Compiler Error Message: BC30456: 'CodePage' is not a member of 'ASP.webadmin_aspx'." "Line 1:  <%@ page language="VB" autoeventwireup="fals...

double quote

replace the "." with a ","

Replacing "\\" with "\"

"To" and "From" missing

"AUTO FAIL" and "NO MEMORY" errors
When I try to load GroupWise 7.0.1 agents on a couple of my servers, they don't load and there is serveral "AUTO FAIL" and "NO MEMORY" errors. GroupWise is the only thing that I load on the server and it as 3 gigs of memory. There is also cluster services installed. Did anybody experienced this problem? Yann Laplante wrote: > When I try to load GroupWise 7.0.1 agents on a couple of my servers, > they don't load and there is serveral "AUTO FAIL" and "NO MEMORY" > errors. GroupWise is the only thing that I load on the server an...

Web resources about - "Failed to create AppDomain" error, after using "Copy Website" - asp.net.config-deploy