"Error loading XML file :\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705"...does this mean v.1.1 code trying to run in a v.1.0 app?

I uploaded some new files into my existing third-party hosted site, including a .DLL into \BIN\, which is running AS.NET v.1.0.  I got the following error message when browsing to one of the pages using the code in the namespace defined in the DLL:

Error loading XML file c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.StrongNameIdentityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed. (c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config)

Do you know if this is the typical error if code written in ASP.NET v.1.1 is trying to execute within an application setup for v.1.0?
Thanks!
0
guam

Its pretty straight forward.
You install the version 1.0 and install 1.1
Hope it helps.
regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
0
ranganh

Can anyone tell me the diff between .net framework versions "1.1.4322.573" and "1.1.4322.903"
Production environment is running 1.1.4322.573 Pre Production environments are running 1.1.4322.903 We are seeing some javascript errors that are only happening in our production environment. All of our pre production environments for testing, development and what not seem to be running fine. We get the generic client side error that says which line, which char number and the brief description. The actuall error states "Expected ';' " . Here is the line of code that it's complaining about. "theform = document._ctl6:Form1;" This is microsoft ge...

Running DNN compliled on .net FW 1.0.3705 on .net FW 1.1
I have a DNN 1.10c portal that I developed and compiled on VS02 on a PC with .net Framework 1.0.3705. It is currently in production on a machine running .net Framework 1.0.3705. I am preparing to move this portal to a new server with Win2003 server and .net Framework 1.1.4322. Are there be any problems due to the differing version of the .net Framework? Is it neccessary to recomplie on a machine with .net Framework 1.1.4322? Any other suggestions or comments would be welcomed! synergetic_1 1.0 framework items should run on 1.1 as is, but not vice versa. To com...

How to migrate from .NET V 1.0 to .NET v 2.0
  I have a asp.net applicatin currently running with v1.1.4322, I want to migrate to v2.0.50727 . I have run a "aspnet_regiss.exe -i". But it seems to be not enouft. When i open a page i get a "The 'system.serviceModel/serviceHostingEnvironment' configuration section cannot be created". And what about Visual Studio, I am using Visual Studio 2003. Does i have to change anything to make Visual Studio 2003 compile with version 2. And does i need to change somthing in machine.config ?  Best Regards   To get vs2003 to build the app for .NET 2.0, you need to upgrade to ...

.net 2.0 v. .Net 1.1
Hi all:Im trying to figure out whether I should begin using 2.0 at this point.  Many people I spoke to have indicated that it may be too soon (for whatever reason-bugs, hosting availibility etc).  Can someone give the pros and cons at this point?  I just learned .net 1.1 and this would be the first time I've ever gone throught this sort of transition.  Also, what was frustrating about 1.1 is that some of the books that first came out had alot of problems with their code working.  Is there an authorotative book out yet with functioning examples?Any help would be ...

.Net 1.1 with .Net 2.0 virtual directory using AJAX "Sys undefined"
I'm having an issue running an AJAX app I built, I think I might know what the problem might be, but if so, I am not sure how to fix it. The main site is built with 1.1 and new application is 2.0.  I have the new application configured properly (as far as I can tell) in its own app pool, etc..  The app runs just fine (I have other 2.0 apps that run along side the main 1.1), but I am getting an error: "Sys undefined...."  I've checked to enusre the mappings for the .axd extension for this particular VD are pointing to the correct place as ...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

error "Failed to get datetime data" using dw.net 1.0.1
Hello, My situation: I have a vs2005 project with dw.net version 1.0.1 (build 5502), database is asa10. When my regional settings are Dutch(Belgium) I have no problems at all. When the settings are Italian(Italy) I get a "Failed to get datetime" error when I retrieve when my data contains dates. When the date fields are not filled in then I do not get the error. A date of '2008-1-1 08:00:00' also gives errors. When I try to retrieve the same data in the datawindow painter I also get no error. Can anyone help me? Greetings, Mich=E8le DW.net 2.5 is now th...

using Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1??
sorry if this is not the right forum, but i don't know where should i post this, well...i have no problem exactly right now, i just wonder that i'm using two version of .NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1. I get the .NET Framework 1.0 from Visual Studio .NET, which i installed the VB.NET and i get the 1.1 version because it says that ASP.NET requires 1.1 version so i download it in microsoft site. My question are, is this two version compatible? can i used only one version which is .NET Framework 1.1 only and remove the 1.0 version? I have Web Matrix that used .NET Framework 1.1 and VB.NET tha...

Error "Unable to access C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\framework\1.1.4322
Help me! Why this happen? Explain your problem in detailGirijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ What was the process running when the error was encountered?Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. I have reinstalled my notebook. Windows XP Professional SP2 and Asp 2.0 Before this I've installed ASP 1.1 In IIS Ihave created web site pointing to my site folder. When I try to browse web site this is the error. ASP.NET user is in l...

Web resources about - "Error loading XML file :\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705"...does this mean v.1.1 code trying to run in a v.1.0 app? - asp.net.config-deploy