"copy website", "publish website", or just "copy and paste"

Hi:

So far i know 3 ways to upload website from local pc to real server, but want to understand more:

1. In Visual studio menu, Build->Publish Web Site, if I choose a local folder, and start to run, you will find the published website in the local folder, and you will find some .dll files in Bin folder..., same thing, if the website is published to a real server folder, will be the same story. The main advantage is: when user opens the website, it will load faster because it is precompiled, Am I correct here so far?

2. The "copy website" function in Visual Studio is just copy and paste, same as the way by using FTP. Am I correct?

3. After "Copy website" to server, since it is not precompiled, (no .dll files in Bin folder), so the webpages will load slow at the first time?

4. Although step 3 may cause webpages load slower, but if I am still developing the website, I can change the single file and upload back to server easily.

5. If the website pages are "published", and if I need chagne one single line of code in a file, I need to re-publish whole site. Am I right.

6. If I publish a website in my local folder, and then copy all files in that folder in the server folder, is this an acceptable approach?

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

 Thanks for your help.

JT

0
jamest85

6. If I publish a website in my local folder, and then copy all files in that folder in the server folder, is this an acceptable approach?

during publish u have to check second checkbox for use fixed nameing and single page assembly.if u check this it make dll file for all ur web pages so after first time u uploaded the site and want to change one page then second time u have to upload only that's webpage.aspx and dll for that page .

Click here for more information

www.askaspdotnet.com
0
patelkrups

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

quotes, quotes, quotes...

replace the "." with a ","

Replacing "\\" with "\"

Using "+" or "||"

double quote

"Me" is better than "You"

"Using" or "With"

"To" and "From" missing

"JROC" / "JROK" / "JROCK" / "JROQ"
I just started a new contract and the tech lead told me that he wanted me to become familiar with something called "JROC" (among some other tools). I've been searching the web and I haven't found any dev tool called "JROC." Based on the name of the tool, it sounds like it encapsulates some javascript functionality. I have tried searching for different spellings - "JROK" / "JROCK" / "JROQ" but I haven't found any matches. Have you ever heard of a dev tool by this name?...

"Failed to create AppDomain" error, after using "Copy Website"
I don't have IIS installed on my development machine. I don't see the IIS in Services in Control panel. I am using Visual Studio 2008 to develop websites. I think Visual Studio 2008 doesn't require IIS to run web applications! Using the "Copy Website" in Visual Studio 2008 I copied a website from my local development machine to a webhosting server. I connected to ftp site of the hosting company to do the copy. No problem there with the website on the hosting server and everything works fine on the hosting server. I can preview my site with no problem...

Web resources about - "copy website", "publish website", or just "copy and paste" - asp.net.config-deploy