web services used to convert Word files to PDF files

My professor asked me to design a web services which convert Microsoft's word files to PDF files. by use VS.NET and Windows Server 2003. After I installe Adode Acrobat 6.0 Professional, I can find some Acrobat components, Acrobat Distiller, Acrobat Web Capture 1.0 Type Library, etc. Please tell me which one can be used for my project and how to use it. Or please tell me popular free components of third parts. Thanks!
0
qcharlie
9/13/2004 11:04:22 PM
asp.net.component-discussions 1793 articles. 0 followers. Follow

HI allI have a urgent requirement i want to convert .tiff image to .pdf file Thanks in advance Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. I dont think its possible without doing a lot of code or using third party tools, but if you  are looking for a free tool you can try a combination of http://blog.codebeach.com/2008/02/convert-multipage-tiff-to-pdf-in-net.htmland  http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Creating_PDF_documents_in.aspx Thanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this pos...

Convert Word files to PostScript files by using Word library and Distiller library
I use Word library 11.0 (Word 2003), Distiller library 1.0 (Acrobat Professioanl 6.0), Windows Server 2003 and Visual Studio .NET 2003 Academic Edition to develop a web application which is used to convert Word files to PostScript files. The codes (C# and VB.NET) can work very well in Console Application. But they don't work in Web Application or Web Service. Please tell me how to solve the problem. Thanks! Theare are C# source code and VB.NET source code: C# if(strCommandName == "PDF") ac.ActivePrinter="Adobe PDF"; else ac.ActivePrinter=&quo...

Web Service Logging To File Problem (file in use)
I have a web service that does a bunch of processing and when complete I would like it to write to a text file log in IsolatedStorage.  I'm using the FileStream and StreamWriter and am getting the following error periodically: The process cannot access the file "C\inetpub\wwwroot\serv\IsolatedStorage\RequestLog.txt" because it is being used by another process. The code looks like this:         Dim fStreamWriter As StreamWriter         Dim fsFile As FileStream         f...

COnverting image file into PDF file in C#.NET
hi friends, i have a problem in creating a PDF file from an image file. first of all pls clarify what is the internal concept in converting to PDF file. if nay one knows pls mail me the related code if you find any solution pls mail me at spend5mins@yahoo.com thank u all hari babu...

Looking for: A component to Convert Word files to RTF files
Hello Everyone, I have the need to be able to print Word content (ie files stored in a database blob) in a Report Builder report. One way I thought to do this is to first convert it to RTF - and then RB can deal with that. Does anyone know of code or a component that will convert Word files to RTF files? I know I could OLE - but I am hoping to be able to do this without having Word installed on a machine. I know of http://www.scalabium.com/ - but unless I misunderstand - it only converts the word documents to TEXT. (which is a valid fall back) Any thoughts or suggestio...

Convert Gridview Data in to PDf file. or Convert report data in pdf file
 Hi have problem to convert Gridview data into PDF file..let me know is there any solution or open source components..Regards Rambhopal Reddy EPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark asAnswer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Friend, Check this thread for soultions http://forums.asp.net/t/1164793.aspx and then to http://www.aspnetworld.com/articles/2004011801.aspx   Good luck!     Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This can be benef...

how to convert html file (with tables) to pdf file using iTextSharp.
hello, i searched a lot and also look at iTextsharp tutorials but didn't find any solutions. i have a html file which contains a table. and i try to convert it into pdf using iTextSharp but it doesn't work. here is my code:string inputFile =@"C:\Try.htm";string outputfile =@"C:\try.pdf";            try            {                // step 1: creation of a document-object  &...

Convert Word DOC File to Adobe Acrobat PDF file
Hello, Does anyone knows a component to convert an Word DOC File to Adobe Acrobat PDF file? I am creating a web site where people upload word  Word DOC files to the server. I need to convert the Word Doc files into PDF files as they are uploaded. Thanks, Miguel shapper--Regarding this... shapper wrote:...Does anyone knows a component to convert an Word DOC File to Adobe Acrobat PDF file?......I am creating a web site where people upload word  Word DOC files to the server. I need to convert the Word Doc files into PDF files as they are uploaded.......one should ...

Sending a PDF file to a .NET web service
How can I send a PDF file to a .NET web service ? I created a .NET web method to accept a file stream. Appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thanks, Eric.- You'd have to read the PDF into a single blob variable and pass that. On 11 Mar 2007 20:11:56 -0800, Eric Sulistiawan wrote: >How can I send a PDF file to a .NET web service ? I created >a .NET web method to accept a file stream. Appreciate any >comments or suggestions. > >Thanks, >Eric.- Thanks for the suggestion. What would be the corresponding data type on the .NET web method to receive the...

freepdf2doc.com - The Most Accurate PDF-to-Word Converter
Name: nessusaffob Email: telfpreetteataoldotcodotuk Product: eBay Companion Summary: freepdf2doc.com - The Most Accurate PDF-to-Word Converter - pdf to word file Comments: <B>freepdf2doc.com</B> Using our PDF-to-Word conversion technology, you can quickly and easily create editable DOC/RTF files, making it a cinch to re-use PDF content in applications like Microsoft Word, Excel, OpenOffice, and WordPerfect. Best of all, it's entirely free! <a href=http://freepdf2doc.com><B>convert word document to pdf</B></a> From URL: http://en-GB.ww...

How to convert a pdf file to text format using .net
Hi all, I want to convert a PDF format file to a text format file(i.e., Wordpad or Notepad).For this i have to use .Net only. Plz send replies urgently. tnx ramesh...

change a web reference to a web service in the config file of an object used by a windows service
In my solution (visual studios 2005), I have a windows service and a business object.  The business object has a web reference to a web service.  I maid the web reference dynamic and it created an applicationSettings section in the appconfig:<configuration>           <applicationSettings>        <Objects.Properties.Settings>            <setting name="Objects_LookupService_auth"        &nbs...

Problem with converting .doc file to .pdf file and also filling it with some details using iTextSharp
Hello Mate,                     I am having a problem in converting a .doc file in to .pdf file using iTextSharp.dll .And also i would like to wirte some details in to the form. the problem is the conversion of .doc to .pdf file is not working and also filling in to the converted .pdf file is also not working.Could you please tell me a solution?   This is my code  in this below method i am passing the full path of an existing .doc file public void Convert_And_Fill(string filepath...

Component to Convert PDF to Word, using .net 2.0
Hello, I need help in finding which is a best component that doesn't require lots of coding to convert a word document to pdf using C#, asp.net 2.0. I found we can write to pdf using iTextSharp, but I didn't see a way it can directly convert word to pdf. Appreciate your feedback as soon as possible.In the race towards excellence there is no finish line Hi, You can use telerik controls to do that. www.telerik.com Regards, Pradeep HI Check out these links 1)http://www.sautinsoft.com/products/pdf-focus/index.php 2)http://www.pdfonline.com/easyconverter/sdk/code_sam...

Web resources about - web services used to convert Word files to PDF files - asp.net.component-discussions

Public Broadcasting Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... such as PBS NewsHour , Masterpiece , and Frontline . Since the mid-2000s, Roper polls commissioned by PBS have consistently placed the service ...

Australian public service allowances attacked: Institute of Public Affairs report
Extra paid leave, allowances and flex time under attack.

Melbourne heatwave: Emergency services on high alert as Victoria braces for season's worst fire weather ...
Authorities announce a total fire ban across Victoria on Saturday, as Melbourne experiences temperatures all over the place.

China Mobile creates dedicated unit to grow its internet services revenues
Zee News China Mobile creates dedicated unit to grow its internet services revenues Rethink Research (subscription) Many large mobile operators ...

The Beatles music reportedly coming to one streaming service on Christmas Eve
When Apple Music launched back in June, it was noted that the music subscription service didn’t offer up the entire iTunes catalog with a few ...

Target is taking on Apple Pay with its own mobile wallet service
... Of course, we’ll keep you posted with further information as we receive it. Target is taking on Apple Pay with its own mobile wallet service ...

Growth in Service PMI Shrinks Sharply
On Friday, the PMI Flash Services reading registered growth that fell sharply, not only well below the Econoday Consensus estimate of 56.1, but ...

2015’s top e-learning and web services offers at Cult of Mac Deals
‘Tis the season to take advantage of soon-to-end deals, and boy have we got some good ones. These are the top five deals of the year on comprehensive ...

The Beatles may hit streaming music services by Christmas
The Beatles haven't exactly been in a rush to embrace the online music world there's iTunes, Rock Band and that's about it. However, they might ...

Keith Urban Pays Tribute to His Father at Memorial Service
Keith Urban is closing out a devastating year with a special goodbye to his father, Robert Urban, who died from cancer on Dec. 5.