Dynamic PDF creater/merger/File-To-PDF

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a project where I have to:

- Generate a PDF of a summary page
- Generate PDFs from upload attachments
- Merge attachment PDFs into summary page PDF

I've already come accross a few utilities that look promising.  I see that ABCpdf (http://www.websupergoo.com/abcpdf-1.htm) will create a PDF from a URL (PDF my summary page), and Dynamic PDF (http://www.dynamicpdf.com/) will provide an application that will merge PDFs together.

My problem lies in how to convert attachments to PDFs.  I'm sure I could even restrict the attachment formats to Documents, Excel Files, Images, and Test documents.

Is there a solution out there that would better meet my needs?  The reason I want to append attachments into the summary page pdf is so that the user can print everything by the press of a button.  I've toyed with the idea of linking attachments at the end of the summary PDF.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Dave Fribley

0
dfribley
8/26/2006 7:18:53 PM
asp.net.component-discussions 1793 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Looking for a PDF library or components that creates searchable PDF files
Does anyone know of a good library that creates PDF files that are searchable? This will most likely involve some type of OCR library having to be included. Even if I have to purchase multiple components to get the job done I can live with that. I have seen several PDF libraries, but I have yet to find one that can produce searchable PDF files. TIA I presume that your PDFs are actually bitmaps, not text output to a canvas. I've used the application of ABBYY FineReader for adding OCR'd layers and it works well. They have an SDK version at http://www.abbyy.com/ocr_sdk/ (The...

WebDatawindow.net Save As PDF creates 0 byte pdf file
Hello all, I am having issues with the save as pdf function of the web datawindow. I am using the ghostwriter ps method and have confirmed with another app that the ps generation is working properly. I have also confirmed that the datawindow is throwing a ps file in the windows temp directory during execution of this method. However, the pdf file generated is always 0 bytes. For whatever reason i am finding the documentation hard to understand and im sure its a setup problem on my behalf. Like placement of the "gs" directory and needed dl's missing or not ...

Combining PDF files into one very large pdf file
Does anyone have a utility/componennt that will combine various PDF files into one very large PDF file? The size of the final file may be larger then the current memory available for the computer. Thanks Ed Dressel On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 08:29:47 -0700, Ed Dressel <none@tbinc.com> wrote: >Does anyone have a utility/componennt that will combine various PDF files >into one very large PDF file? The size of the final file may be larger then >the current memory available for the computer. > >Thanks >Ed Dressel Ed, I would check out www.adultpdf.com Str...

Aspos.Pdf.Fo 1.1 Released!
Aspos.Pdf.Fo 1.1 Released! Version 1.1 Released on Febuary 07 2005 ...

Aspos.Pdf.Fo 1.0 Released!
Aspos.Pdf.Fo 1.0 Released! Version 1.0.0.0 Released on January 15 2005 ...

Aspose.Pdf.Form 1.0 Released!
Aspose.Pdf.Form 1.0 Released! Version 1.0.0.0 Released on January 03 2005 ...

Aspose.PDF.Kit 1.0 Released!
Aspose.Pdf.Kit 1.0 Released! Version 1.0.0.0 Released on January 11 2005 ...

PDF::API2 module example for edit pdf and save new pdf file
Dear sirs, I want to learn more about open pdf file and edit and save some other new pdf file. I use PDF::API2 module, Kindly give me an example... Thanking you Regards Baskaran NK baskaran wrote: > Dear sirs, > > I want to learn more about open pdf file and edit and save some other new > pdf file. > I use PDF::API2 module, Kindly give me an example... > > Thanking you > > Regards > Baskaran NK > > > http://search.cpan.org/src/AREIBENS/PDF-API2-0.41/examples/ http://danconia.org ...

PDF File I/O Error while trying to load pdf file
Name: Dale Product: Shiretoko Summary: PDF File I/O Error while trying to load pdf file Comments: I was loading this site's pdf file: http://www.mead-usa.com/reference/instructions/Air_Presses.pdf and I received a window saying that there was a File I/O Error, but the page was trying to load anyway. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one...

dw.saveAs (PDF) generates a PS file instead of PDF file
Guru(s), I have PowerBuilder 10.5 build 5048 and GhostScript 8.57. In simple words, I am trying to print DW into a PDF using SaveAs ("file name", PDF!) The PDF file is generated, but I can not open with Acrobat or any other PDF viewers. But I can open it fine with a PostScript Viwer like GSView. It looks like a PS file more than a PDF file. What am I missing? Do I need to convert this PS into PDF by calling a GhostScript script? Appreciate you help, Div FYI, The header of the file looks like ------------------------------------------------------- %!PS-A...

Convert Gridview Data in to PDf file. or Convert report data in pdf file
 Hi have problem to convert Gridview data into PDF file..let me know is there any solution or open source components..Regards Rambhopal Reddy EPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark asAnswer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Friend, Check this thread for soultions http://forums.asp.net/t/1164793.aspx and then to http://www.aspnetworld.com/articles/2004011801.aspx   Good luck!     Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This can be benef...

COnverting image file into PDF file in C#.NET
hi friends, i have a problem in creating a PDF file from an image file. first of all pls clarify what is the internal concept in converting to PDF file. if nay one knows pls mail me the related code if you find any solution pls mail me at spend5mins@yahoo.com thank u all hari babu...

In the pdf generated file ,on the email click the file is attached with extension .apsx instead of .pdf
I have used the following line of code to embed the pdf file into browser.Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline; filename=" + reportName + Session.SessionID + ".pdf"); I am getting th epdf file generated into browser perfectly.But when i click the EMAIL option i found the file is attached with .aspx extension instead of .pdf.So do suggest some ideas or solution. Hi ,I also need to generated pdf file in browsers.I tried with your line of code (  Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline; filename=" + reportName + Ses...

Creating PDF through FyTek Pdf Covertor component
Hi all, I am looking for some sample code wherein I could create a PDF document using FyTek Pdf Creator component through ASP.NET with VB.NET Anyone have got the idea or sample code (best option for me) for the same? Looking forward to it. Thanks in advance....

Web resources about - Dynamic PDF creater/merger/File-To-PDF - asp.net.component-discussions