Modify user profile information

Hi,

I would like to modify the user profile information in the CSK and am struggling with how it all hangs together. Does somone have a step by step instruction for how to for example remove the ICQ field from the registration form ? I understand the database and stored procedures tasks, but need to understand the steps involved in changing the forms.

Many thanks

Niclas
0
nlindblo
9/16/2005 7:15:09 PM
asp.net.community-starter-kit 2049 articles. 0 followers. Follow

the plact to start would be in the solution explorer in visual studio go to comunitystarterkit/engine/framework/users/

from there it sounds like you need to remove what you dont want from the following
.../components/profileInfo.vb (not .vb if in C# ok)
also mod .../components/userInfo.vb
and mod the RegisterUser method of .../components/UserUtility.vb
and mod OnLoad of .../content/EditProfile.vb
and mod btnRegister_Click of .../content/register.vb
and mod .../content/ShowProfile.vb
and mod .../controls/RegisterForm.vb
dont forget to mod comunitystarterkit/communities/common/themes/<all themes>/skins/controlskins/User_displayProfile.ascx
ok any questions?
0
Devguy