Modify User Information / User Profile

I have been rooting around looking for the answer... with no luck...

I want to modify the User Information / User Profile collected,
for example delete MSN, AIM and Yahoo and add City, State and Zip.
Where is this? Is it right in front of my nose?
Thanks in advance, (again).
0
jbmcgregor
1/6/2004 5:39:28 AM
asp.net.community-starter-kit 2049 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The table in the DB is the Community_Users table. You will have to either extend this table, or create a new table using a foreign key relationship to the users table to hold your new fields. You probably don't need to mod any stored proc though since the profile procedures use select * (bad design, but useful in this case).

In the CSK, all you have to do is modify the ProfileInfo class adding properties and fields for your new database columns. Then modify the UserUtility class's PopulateProfileFromSqlDataReader() method to set the new ProfileInfo properties.
Next, you will need to mod the Users_RegisterForm.ascx skin file by adding the textboxes or whatever controls you need, then mod the code-in-front class RegisterForm so that it is aware of these fields (declaration), fetches a reference to the control (InitializeSkin), then add new public properties for the new values to RegisterForm so that the other controls can fetch the values.
And finally, you need to mod EditProfile, and Register classes plus the Admin's EditUser.aspx.cs code-behind file so that they populate and read the new properties of RegisterForm.
Hope that's specific enough to get you started. It is a pretty complex process to explain, though not terribly difficult once you get in there and start messing about with it.
Stephen M. Redd
http://www.reddnet.net
0
redd

How to store user profile information during create user?
Hi, I'm just try to store user information during create user via CreateUserWizard that add Textbox, DropDownList and RadoButtonList. How to store data form control to UserProfile (via CreateUserWizard) ? Note. I set DisableCreatedUser = true because want to proof user befor activate. (Begining ASP.net V2.0, VB, VWD 2005 Express Edition) Here is some example c# code that I have in the CreateUser event of the CreateWizard command.  I also do some stuff after this but I think this is the code you are interested in.     protected void CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(objec...

Modify user profile information
Hi,I would like to modify the user profile information in the CSK and am struggling with how it all hangs together. Does somone have a step by step instruction for how to for example remove the ICQ field from the registration form ? I understand the database and stored procedures tasks, but need to understand the steps involved in changing the forms.Many thanksNiclas the plact to start would be in the solution explorer in visual studio go to comunitystarterkit/engine/framework/users/from there it sounds like you need to remove what you dont want from the following  .../components/prof...

Modifying user profile information
Hi,Does anyone have a step by step instruction for how to modify the user profile information. I would like to add some fields and remove some of the default (using DNN 3.1.1). Would like to understand what files and database fields requires to be updated.Many thanksNiclas  In the current implementation this would require you changing the info object, controller classes, along with the web.config and the register.ascx.  You could also write your own profile provider but that is no small task. Chris Paterra I believe that there is a thread going in the main DNN forum ...

How update or modify all users profile properties in one authenticated user!
How update or modify all users profile properties in one authenticated user!   Are you looking for a way to load the profile data for a user based on just their username, and then save the updated data back to the database?  If so you use code like: ProfileCommon p = Profile.GetProfile("some user name here");p.SomePropertyValue = "new value";p.Save();-Stefan----------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

How can I carry anonymous users profile information to authenticated user
HelloI can carry the anonymous users profile information like favourite team name etc but when the user logs in how can I  carry the profile knowledge to the authenticated users profile.Good Nights Please provide some more information about the hangup. At least I couldn't understand what exactly are you trying to achieve. So simple... yet so effective.My "Life"ly Blog You need to add the Profile_MigrateAnonymous event in your global.asax. Here's a sample: void Profile_MigrateAnonymous(object sender, ProfileMigrateEventArgs e) { //Migrate Profile Profil...

Single Users Profile and All Users Profiles List
I've made a discussion forum. And I have also installed simply asp.net membership. Now I want after click on user link to redirect to the page with User's info.I have simply user "John" and user "Bob" and everyone can click on those names and will see page with informations stored in Profile (Like Profile.Name, Profile.Address). I have three simply question:1. How to show profile values of other User ? Like I wrote above.2. How to list all users with for example their e-mails ? I mean: UserLogin - UserName - UserMail3. Or the easier way is to make new table with those all information an...

Users Modifying Other User Properties
We have a problem with students modifying properties for other student objects. We ran a report using the DSRIGHTS tool (http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/13966.html), but it shows students as only having compare and read rights to other student objects. Only some of the properties can be modified. For example, "Given name" and "Telephone" can be modified, but "Last name" and "E-Mail Address" cannot. I have included the output from DSRIGHTS below. Any ideas? How ROBKID.RAM.RHS. got rights to RYANTJ.RAM.RHS. ...

User and User Profile Storage
How would you handle these situations? 1st Situation Storing user and user's profile information in the database. I have two ideas to handle this. #1) Store all the users information in one table #2) Store only the information needed to login the user in the user table, and have a userProfile table to store the rest of the user's profile information. Why? #1) Easy to build queries for, but will cause more overhead when the user is simply logging in. However, it will cause a lower overhead when looking up a user's profile information, as there will be no need to do table jo...

User Wordlist in User-Profile
high i saw in the TID10080800 that it is possible to point the User Word-List in example to a network drive like H:\\WT61US.UWL. how can i point it to the Userprofile like C:\Document and Setting\%USER%\\WT61US.UWL so it is copied to the server everytime the user logs out, but it is local for the notebook user's ? i dont now how to set it in the registry, that it point to the User-Profile. thanks Sascha Sascha, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has you...

Accessing Profile of users other than current user.
I want to access profile of other users. I want to allow my members to visit other members profile. I am not going to disply the senstive information. The default sql profile provider access to profile of current user only. Hi you need to use the getProfile function as follows:ProfileCommon UserProfile = Profile.GetProfile(UserName); UserProfile.PropertyName1=....   Please read this related thread : http://forums.asp.net/p/1243638/2279740.aspx   Regards,Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wron...

How to user the CreateUserWizard to show the user Information
Hi, I'm useing the CreateUserWizard to show the current user information. I change the wizard button text from Create to Update, and I set the UserName field to ReadIOnly. When the user clicks the button I get CreateUserError with embershipCreateStatus.DuplicateUserName How can I show the Complete Step when I get this error? I tryed:protected void CreateUserWizard1_CreateUserError(object sender, CreateUserErrorEventArgs e) {if (e.CreateUserError == MembershipCreateStatus.DuplicateUserName) { CreateUserWizard1.ActiveStepIndex = 1;e.CreateUserError = MembershipCreateStatus.Succe...

Users customise their profile page for all users
Hi there I am a bit of a newbie to ASP.NET.  All my web development experience before has been with good old asp pages! So anyways here's what I was wondering.  I have a page called ViewProfile which displays the information about a particular user.  The information is pulled from a users table stored in SQL server.  The user profile displayed is determined by the id parameter passed in the url (for example - ViewProfile.aspx?id=123).  This allows other users of the system to see another users profile (the appropriate links etc are on the pages). Now here'...

User information
Hello Scope : DNN 2.1.2 User registration/modification process I have a problem while trying to add properties to user object. Now I understand that there has to be modifications to several files including "/admin/Users/UsersDB.vb", "/components/DataProvider.vb" and to both data provider projects (or since I just use MSSQL, I modify that). What I have done is I have added few new properties to "User" -object (like Sex, Age, AllowAdvertising etc.) and also included such inputs to "/admin/Users/Register.ascx". Also added the required stuff to SQ...

Allowing users to view other users profiles
 Iv created a basic social networking site Using the built in membership roles provider and its working great. So far users can signup and create a profile, login edit their profile and upload an avatar. Also close their account and view a list of all site members.  But the one thing Iv not firgured out yet is how to allow users to view the profiles of other users. What I want to do is have a the usernames in the userlist display link to the the profile of the particular user. Now I assume I will have to send the username in the query string to the profile page but how do I extract...

Web resources about - Modify User Information / User Profile - asp.net.community-starter-kit

Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

Demand rises for drug information at dance music events
Demand is rising for support services at dance music events for help ranging from queries about illicit drugs to assistance through negative ...

Calvary Private Hospital failed to disclose cost information to patients: ACCC
Calvary Private Hospital failed to give patients sufficient information, leading some to experience "bill shock".

Information Overload Causes Fatigue Among Smartphone Users
The Internet has connected humans to more information than ever. Between checking their phones dozens of times a day and constantly updating ...

Senate Intellicence Committee Chair Burr all but confirms that Cruz leaked classified information at ...
... that, among other things, updates the government’s program of collecting phone metadata. In doing so, Cruz probably leaked classified information. ...

Apple’s Maps app adds Los Angeles public transit information
Apple’s Maps application now supports public transit information for Los Angeles, California, forming a continuation of the service’s gradual ...

It's not exactly the Watergate break-in — is it? — but Bernie Sanders's campaign broke into Hillary Clinton's ...
... Democratic National Committee have accused the presidential campaign of Sen. Bernie Sanders of improperly accessing confidential voter information ...

Did Ted Cruz release classified information during Republican debate?
Senate Intelligence Committee chair Sen. Richard Burr asked his staff to check on something Cruz said during the fifth GOP debate Tuesday night ...

Illinois Freedom of Information Act
News, Photos and Information about Illinois Freedom of Information Act