getting started with community starter kit

Hi

I have just installed the community starter kit and i am very lost in the ocean. Basically i am looking for the files involved in the registration form of the community, and i cant find any in the solution provided. Where shd i look for users_registrationform.ascx and corresponding aspx. I cud only see register.cs and registerform.cs and i am vey handicapped with this only.
am also looking for a way to prevent the redirection to the homepage the mmt user clicks on "register" button..
but i am not aware how to modify this below to achieve my purpose :
if (result > 0)
FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage(objProfile.Username, false);
can someone pls help me with this.
thankx,
dev211
0
dev211
3/17/2004 3:04:31 AM
asp.net.community-starter-kit 2049 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Communities/Common/Themes/Default/Skins/ControlSkins/User_RegisterForm.ascx

is where the skin is - I'm not sure why your getting redirected to the home page...
Get ready to blast your energy levels into high gear with Sedgewick Energy Drink. High powered adaptogenic herbs mixed with potent levels of B-vitamins and...

Please disregard the contents of this post.
0
sedgewick
3/17/2004 4:10:20 AM
hi

thanks for the prompt reply. I cud find the files i was looking for. my other question concernig the redirection was that ,
currently the code is
>>if (result > 0)
>> FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage(objProfile.Username, false);
and this redirects to homepage the moment user registers himself. but i want to modify it such that i can redirect to another page (say 1.aspx) but i cant do that currently with this code. so wat is that i can do?
hope i made myself clear.
thankx,
dev211
0
dev211
3/17/2004 7:18:02 AM
hi,

i cannot find users_register.aspx.
can some one pls let me know.
thankx
0
dev211
3/18/2004 5:40:54 AM
Although users_register.aspx is shown in the client browser it does not physically exist in the webspace. It is dynamically built at runtime using Users_RegisterForm.ascx.

Here is a link to a post that might help explain the details
http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=274502
Colin Munford

http://www.colin-munford.me.uk
0
mumfie2003
3/18/2004 7:05:12 AM
hi

thankx for the info.
but am stuck at a place where i change the redirection page after registration.
can help me with that.
-dev211
0
dev211

Telligent Community Server Starter Kit versus Microsoft Community Starter Kit
This ASP.NET forum lists GoDaddy.com as supporting the Microsoft Community Starter Kit.  After going through the setup on GoDaddy.com, I realize that they installed Telligent's Community Server Starter Kit.  I have been browsing this forum, and have not gotten a good answer to several questions.  I get the drift that Telligent has taken over the active development of the CSK project and is further developing the Starter Kit?  Telligent's starter kits are open-source (sort-of), but the realities of development determine that a the Starter Kit have a financial backin...

use portal starter kit with community starter kit
I am using the portalvbsdk and community starterkit but both have different user login database, is it possible to connect both starter kits with only one user login panel? Sorry, I am very new with ASP.NET I don't think so. The permissions in portal are different than permissions in community. If a person only logs in one and not the other, the permission settings will always be wrong for the one which has no login. ...

How does Community Starter Kit compare with Community Server
in terms of features, performance, scalability etc ?Has anyone used both ? I have extensively evaluated Community Server 2.1 and even use it for blogging. It works great ! I am wondering how this starter kit compares... mycodetrip.com haathi: in terms of features, performance, scalability etc ?Has anyone used both ? I have extensively evaluated Community Server 2.1 and even use it for blogging. It works great ! I am wondering how this starter kit compares... You want the long or the short version? LOLKind regards,Gift Peddie check this: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1406935.asp...

How to open Community starter kit in VS.NET for VB.NET?
Hi,   Some one please tell me how to open community starter kit in VS.NET 2003 as there is no solution object or project file in CommunityStarterKit folder. I have read the documents and installation is fine. Some one tell me please   Thanks There are two different formats of the CSK download. One format uses the SDK compilers and is best if you use notepad, webmatrix or similar. The other format is for Visual Studio . Net users.http://www.asp.net/StarterKits/DownloadCommunity.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1 Assuming you downloaded the VS.net version and installed it us...

Differences between the Club Starter Kit, Club Starter Kit 2.0, and Extended Club Starter Kit
I'm a little confused as the the differences between these 3 starter kits, can someone point the differences out to me?Victor Corey I picked the first one, because I thought that it would be the easiest and least complicated to understand and work with.  I have the same question.  You posted this some time ago, I guess nobody knows.  I am only posting this so it will show up again, and maybe someone will address it.  Thanks. I don't know about the extended, but I worked with the Club Site Starter Kit for several days and got stuck when needing to actually get ...

community starter Kit start page
i have downloaded community starter Kit and installed it, i can surf it and view the pages but the problem is that i have confused with the its pages. for exmple , when i load the first page http://localhost/CommunityStarterKit/default.aspx i see something and when i open it in Visual Studio.NET i see something else, is there anybody tell me , where the contents of the first page come form? would you please help me . Thank you The pages are dynamically created at runtime. The following post gives some of the details http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&Post...

Building new Community website base on Community Commerce Starter Kit

Community starter kit
I'm trying to find where the source code is after installing the COMMUNITY STARTER KIT on my acct at "europe.webmatrixhosting.net".I logged on into it using FTP is..but i can;t even find where the first "default.aspx" page is.. If u know pls let me know.. thanks You can find it in C:\Program Files\ASP.NET Starter Kits\ASP.NET Community Starter Kit (CSVS)\CommunityStarterKit Wim NO, you can't find the source code at europe.webmatrixhosting.net. You will only find the .ascx, .aspx, webconfig and .asax files only. Come to download GotCommunityNet (GCN) Go...

About the Community Starter Kit
I've try to read through the Community Starter Kit (SDK Version) but still not really understand how the dynamic generate of aspx page and directory..... did any ppl have any good URL have more information about it?! actually, I've try to read most of the *.CS but all of them seems to be chained together, I really don't have any idea where to start... beside the Dynamic generate of Directory and the ASPX file, I also want to know more about the code for insert photo into the SQL Database and the rich-text version input box.... could any ppl help me?... ThanksPlease Visit My Si...

Community Starter Kit
I'm trying to use this kit as a basis for developing an internal community for the corporation I work for. My network techs tell me that if it requires that I develop and place .dll files onto the server, then i cannot use it because .dll could potentially cause over 900 web sites to crash. When creating the Community Starter Kit, will I be putting .dll files onto the web server? Jim Hi, You host 900 web sites on one machine? That's a lot. You can tell your techs that an ASP.NET site precompiled as a dll is exactly as dangerous (or as harmless) as one that is not precompiled...

Getting Ready for the Community Advanced Starter Kit Beta…
The latest version of the Community Advanced Starter Kit will be released in the next couple of days.  The Alpha release contained many new changes starting with a complete port of the CSK from .NET 1.1 to 2.0 and including the foundations for further development of the CASK such as the Membership and Profile functionality of .NET 2.0.  The Beta version of the CASK takes this to the next level and includes some new changes to the Community Framework with features which begin to put the ‘Advanced' into the Community Advanced Starter Kit!Of course this is just the beginning...

Details on how to integrate Cute Editor for .NET with Community Starter Kit
Cute Editor for ASP.NET is the most powerful WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) browser-based Online HTML Editor for ASP.NET. Details: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+WYSIWYG+Editor/default.aspx We've had a few requests recently for integrating Cute Editor with CommunityStarterKit. Here are the steps: 1. Download Cute Editor for .NET(CuteEditor_for_NET4.0.zip) from http://cutesoft.net/Downloads/default.aspx 2. Download Cute Editor Wraper for CommunityStarterKit (CommunityStarterKit.CuteEditorWraper.zip) from http://cutesoft.net/Downloads/default.aspx 3. Unzip the CuteEd...

TimeTracker Starter Kit as a subweb under the Personal Starter Kit
I am wanting to make the TimeTracker started kit as a subweb under the Personal Started Kit.  Is there any special way to do this or anything I should be worried about?  I am new to this and trying to develop a web application based off of these kits. ThanksChuck...

Community Starter Kit (CSK), arc theme, content frame gets too wide
subject: Community Starter Kit (CSK), arc theme, content frame gets too wide Hi, I wonder if anyone could advise how to limit the wide of my CSK content main frame. Check out http://www.sheffieldtriclub.com/community and you can see what I mean. I've modified the arc theme in terms of colours but in use the theme doesn't constrain the width of main content. It causing me some left-right windows scrolling headaches. I am guessing it is because of the number of topics from the topic nav bar (but may be wrong with this guess). Any pointers on how I can further modify the theme to stop exces...

Web resources about - getting started with community starter kit - asp.net.community-starter-kit

Community - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A community is a social unit of any size that shares common values . Although embodied or face-to-face communities are usually small, larger ...

Jake McKee - The Community Guy -
I’m Jake McKee, aka: The Community Guy. I am a partner at PwC , one of the world’s largest (and most awesome) auditing and consulting practices. ...

Derbyshire news, views & business listings from Derbyshire's Community - This is Derbyshire
Derbyshire news, views & business listings from Derbyshire's Community - This is Derbyshire

Queensland Nickel redundancies 'to be felt throughout community'
North Queensland's largest city has been left reeling from the decision of Clive Palmer's Queensland Nickel to let go nearly 240 workers.

Three candles: Club draws community in grief
THREE candles for three lives lost - as the Port Lincoln community continues to unite in grief, Damien Little’s football friends gathered at ...

House lights on, car torched, Karen Chetcuti missing, community in shock
Days after she was last seen, police investigation into disappearance of 49-year-old mother-of-two Karen Chetcuti is getting increasingly serious. ...

Community Bible Church Introduces New Lead Pastor
Community Bible Church (CBC) has announced the transition of CBC founder and Lead Pastor Robert Emmitt into a new role as Pastor Emeritus, while ...

Brooklyn playground gang rape outrages community
Police response questioned after five men force father to leave at gunpoint while they raped his 18-year-old daughter

$10 Million For Low-Income Community Solar Projects Announced By Boston Community Capital
Two low-income communities will benefit from the installation of new solar power projects due to the efforts of Boston Community Capital, with ...

Bundy Boys Call Community Meeting, Promise To Dictate Their Exit Strategy
The Bundy boys and their cohorts have called a community meeting where they will outline the terms and times of their exit. According to The ...