Exceptional Exception...

I am getting the following exception when people inside my company go to our new CSK derived site...

Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Requested Url: /About+Us/Technical+Questions/default.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

The site works just great outside of our work environment and firewalls (they are very restrictive and do not even allow access to hotmail!). I was wondering if someone has seen this in the CSK. I don't see this error at all outside of my work environment.
0
Armysniper
12/1/2003 4:34:30 PM
asp.net.community-starter-kit 2049 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Nobody has any ideas? I am starting to get this outside of my site as a hit or miss situation.
0
Armysniper
12/4/2003 12:13:37 AM
I don't have the answer to your specific question about the 404 inside your firewall, but you might try viewing the page again, after disabling this feature in IE for 'friendly http' error messages:

1)Fire up IE (my version is 6x)
2)Click Tools
3)Click Internet Options
4)Click the 'Advanced' Tab
5)Deselect the checkbox next to 'show friendly http error messages'
6)Click apply
It may or may not reveal any extra information in your case, but for web debugging in general, where users are reporting problems or 'page not found' screens, sometimes the 'unfriendly' error message is exactly what the programmer needs to pinpoint the trouble.

0
Fowler

An exceptional exception
I'm getting an exception in the exceptions.vb class. When an exception is caught:Catch exc As Exception 'Module failed to load ProcessModuleLoadException(Me, exc) End Tryline 103 of the exceptions.vb file:Public Sub ProcessModuleLoadException(ByVal ctrlModule As PortalModuleControl, ByVal exc As Exception) ProcessModuleLoadException("Error: " + ctrlModule.ModuleConfiguration.ModuleTitle + " is currently unavailable.", ctrlModule, exc, True) End Sub throws an error because it cannot get the moduleTitle from the "Me" (PortalModuleControl) argu...

Telligent Community Server Starter Kit versus Microsoft Community Starter Kit
This ASP.NET forum lists GoDaddy.com as supporting the Microsoft Community Starter Kit.  After going through the setup on GoDaddy.com, I realize that they installed Telligent's Community Server Starter Kit.  I have been browsing this forum, and have not gotten a good answer to several questions.  I get the drift that Telligent has taken over the active development of the CSK project and is further developing the Starter Kit?  Telligent's starter kits are open-source (sort-of), but the realities of development determine that a the Starter Kit have a financial backin...

How to open Community starter kit in VS.NET for VB.NET?
Hi,   Some one please tell me how to open community starter kit in VS.NET 2003 as there is no solution object or project file in CommunityStarterKit folder. I have read the documents and installation is fine. Some one tell me please   Thanks There are two different formats of the CSK download. One format uses the SDK compilers and is best if you use notepad, webmatrix or similar. The other format is for Visual Studio . Net users.http://www.asp.net/StarterKits/DownloadCommunity.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1 Assuming you downloaded the VS.net version and installed it us...

use portal starter kit with community starter kit
I am using the portalvbsdk and community starterkit but both have different user login database, is it possible to connect both starter kits with only one user login panel? Sorry, I am very new with ASP.NET I don't think so. The permissions in portal are different than permissions in community. If a person only logs in one and not the other, the permission settings will always be wrong for the one which has no login. ...

Exception Handling: Catching every type of exception except for one
Hi,I have a webservice and use try catch blocks to do the error handling.  When an exception is caught, I throw a soapexception.  As this is the case, you can never usetry{ ... code ...}catch (Exception ex){       throw new SoapException();}As if you throw a SoapException, it will be caught by the catch block.This brings me to my question which is: Is there a way to catch everything except for the SoapException without listing all the other types of exception - e.g.try{    ... code ...}catch (!SoapException ex){    throw ...

An unhandled exception has been caught by the VSW exception filter. VS .Net 2003
I am using Visual Studio.Net for 2003 for developing ASP.Net application using VB.Net.After I've done a duplication of a web application in c:\inetpub\wwwroot all crashes. I begun to recive the error message: Microsoft Development Environment has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.An unhandled exception has been caught by the VSW exception filter.AppName: devenv.exe AppVer: 7.10.3077.0 ModName: mlang.dllModVer:6.0.2900.2180 Offset:0017af2 I've repair, uninstall and reinstall the hole program and still got the same messege when I want to...

Exception Error
The following Exception arises when we are trying to run the project using for userregister module we inherit the portalmodulecontrol.vb and then we include other files also that are compulsory for portalmodulecontrol class.we are using .net framework1.1 ,OS windows 2000 server and DNN2.1.2. [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] DotNetNuke.Exceptions.ProcessModuleLoadException(PortalModuleControl ctrlModule, Exception exc) DotNetNuke.Register.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) ...

Catch exceptions except 404
I have wrote an error log class that uses the Application_Error-method in Global.asax to save every exception to a database and send an error report to my mail. I have a problem because 99% of the mails I get is an exception that the page that the user requests doesnt exists. And that is nothing I can do about, its other pages that links to my page wrong. How can I avoid to get mails like that?I thought I could find the ErrorCode in the exception (404 represents cannot find page), but didnt find anything. Help! Here is a short summary of my Application_Error-method i global.asax: &...

The Exception the unkown software exception?
Name: JRC Sarma Email: jrcsarmaatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: The Exception the unkown software exception? Comments: The Exception the unknown software exception (oxc000000d) occurred at location 0x7817ef67 Click OK to Terminate the program Click Cancel to debug the program Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for th...

Exception handling for Database exceptions
Dear all: I am interested on examples of how to adapt the new Java like exception handling capabilities of PB (TRY CATCH FINALLY END TRY) for the specific case of database statements. Until now I used to write: sql statement; if sqlca.sqlcode<0 then my_function(SQLCA, my_message) end if my_function() opens a response window with the different return codes and error messages. But I wonder how to do this now. Should I: runtimerror sql_err sql statement; if sqlca.sqlcode<0 then sql_err = create runtimerror Throw sql_err ........................ ...

the exception breakpoint
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub425ce257 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit PB10 Enterprise EVAL Build 4500, Windows XP Pro V5.1 Build 2600.xpsp2.... : Service Pack 1 Hello, While testing new version of PB, we had a lot of crashes in programming-environment. (even more than in previous versions)Most of them we could resolve with regenerating objects,... Now we're getting a hard to solve problem, because the problem never happens at the same place, and it isn't clear why it happens. ...

exception unknown software exception
Hi, PB 8.0.2 Build 9620 OS - Widows 2000 I'm currently migrating an application from Powerbuilder 6.5 to Powerbuilder 8. It migrates fine but when I try to run the application on I get the following message The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000029) occurred in the application at ocation 0x77fb0738. What might be causing this GPF? Thanks Jabu Msiza Full rebuild ??? JMR CPD8 Couple of migration tips: - Run Migration Assistant (File / New / Tools) and fix any problems in PB6 - Full Rebuild and Optimize all your PBLs before you migrate (in...

Details on how to integrate Cute Editor for .NET with Community Starter Kit
Cute Editor for ASP.NET is the most powerful WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) browser-based Online HTML Editor for ASP.NET. Details: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+WYSIWYG+Editor/default.aspx We've had a few requests recently for integrating Cute Editor with CommunityStarterKit. Here are the steps: 1. Download Cute Editor for .NET(CuteEditor_for_NET4.0.zip) from http://cutesoft.net/Downloads/default.aspx 2. Download Cute Editor Wraper for CommunityStarterKit (CommunityStarterKit.CuteEditorWraper.zip) from http://cutesoft.net/Downloads/default.aspx 3. Unzip the CuteEd...

Installed Starter Kit
Followed Shawn's steps to install express editions and starter kit.  Builds ok and displays build page.  When trying to run site default.aspx it errors out.  Checked forums and did rename release.config to web.config.  The database is created with a number of tables and stored procedures. [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]   DotNetNuke.Entities.Portals.PortalSettings.GetPortalSettings(Int32 TabId, PortalAliasInfo objPortalAliasInfo) +125   DotNetNuke.Entities.Portals.PortalSettings..ctor(Int32 tabId, Portal...

Web resources about - Exceptional Exception... - asp.net.community-starter-kit

NASA Exceptional Scientific Achievement Medal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The NASA Exceptional Scientific Achievement Medal (abbreviated ESAM ) was established by NASA on September 15, 1961 when the original ESM was ...

10 Qualities of Exceptional Interviewers
Everyone agrees no business is better than its employees. So if hiring the right people is so important... why are most interviewers satisfied ...

iPlayer-MusicPlayer For Exceptional Sound Clarity(Lite Edition) on the App Store on iTunes
Get iPlayer-MusicPlayer For Exceptional Sound Clarity(Lite Edition) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Lalique : A unique and exceptional know-how - YouTube
From creation to manufacturing, discover the magical journey of our wonderful Lalique pieces. Thanks to a team of passionate designers, Lalique ...

'Exceptional' heat topples records - BoM Special Climate Statement
Australia's 'exceptional' heatwave has produced record-breaking temperatures, with at least six of the first seven days of 2013 among the top ...

Elliott Whitehead 'exceptional' buy for Canberra Raiders: Sam Williams
Want to know how good Raiders recruit Elliott Whitehead is? Canberra halfback Sam Williams says he will be exceptional.

America is not exceptional
Vladimir Putin penned the following op-ed to warn Americans they are not exceptional.

Australian World Heritage: keeping the outstanding exceptional
What does it mean to care for natural World Heritage in 2014 and beyond? With the current debate over the future of the Great Barrier Reef, this ...

Diamond Jubilee Gala toasts exceptional Canadians
... Molly Johnson, Ben Heppner and Gordon Lightfoot will take the stage in Toronto Monday evening for a Diamond Jubilee Gala honouring exceptional ...

10 Exceptional Toronto Condos And Detached Houses Under $5 Million
TOWER TRIP Magazine: We recently compiled a list of what $1 million can buy you in the Montreal real estate market. We decided to play the same ...