Can I have a control that controls more than on link?

The question is, i have a page that have 3 sections that are controled by 3 controls.This controls just post to a page and then retrieve the html of the page and then post it back to the Community. This 3 contrlols have the same code except the link. of the page I want to retrieve .

Is there a more simple way to not having 3 controls that due exactly the same?

nbluciano
3/31/2005 11:15:36 AM
asp.net.community-starter-kit 2049 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Community Starter Kit on a Domain Controller
I'm trying to install the community starter kit on my Windows Server 2003, IIS 6, MSDE 2000 server which is also a domain controller.  When get to the point of setting up the SQL login string it gives me an error saying it cannot find the account WEB\ASPNET (WEB is the name of my machine).  I know that it's never going to find that account because the machine has no local accounts since it's a domain controller.  I need to know how to complete setup successfully.  I've created an ASPNET account according to Microsoft KB315158.  Any ideas would be great. u...

How can I disable link for TreeView control nodes besides leaves of the control?
I'd like to post a page back with a click only on the leaves of TreeView control? There is the property ShowCheckBoxes="Leaf", but how can I improvise something like DisableLinkForAllBesides="Leaf"? :) Thank you."A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him." http://www.russiangeek.com/ I found, a node has SelectAction property..."A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him." http://www.russiangeek.com/...

Is there a existing control or extender that can let radiobuttlist controls panels (or list of controls)?
Quite often, I need display a subset of controls on a form according to what user pick in a radiobuttonlist, for example, a radionbuttonlist with the following options 1, no 2, yes, email to me3, yes, mail to me when user pick 2, I need show please fill in your email : .... when user pick 3, I need showname :address :....... I can do this on server side, but it will cause page reload. Now I want to do it with Ajax, I want to know if someone has done some work on this, or there is something in Toolkit can do this thanks for help. These videos will get you going quickly: http://www.asp...

Custom Control within a Control Control

Adding User Controls from Sting can the User Control contain a CompileWith Control directive?
I want to store my User Controls in a DB. So I working with ParseControl and passing it a string. However when I pass as string of a control with codebehind I get this error. My Code: Dim strControl1 As String = "<%@ Control Language=""VB"" AutoEventWireup=""false"" CompileWith=""Control1.ascx.vb"" ClassName=""Control1_ascx"" %>" & vbCrLf & "<div>Control 1<br /><asp:PlaceHolder ID=""Control1PlaceHolder"" Runat=""server""...

Can anyone help me out for designing and coding login control which works exactly like login control in tool kit? Plz help me
Can anyone help me out for designing and coding login control which works exactly like login control in tool kit? Plz help me Hi, step1: write below coding in web.config<authentication mode="Forms"> <forms name="adminlogin" path="/" loginUrl="admin/login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="30" defaultUrl="access.aspx"></forms></authentication> <authorization>     above code dont require aspnetdb database, You can setup your own table for login in your curre...

login control can i used to controll what data can user see it
i have a project with mulit company can i used login control to control what company user can see it and what user cant see it the company comes from databasethanks alot for any helphttp://www.feckra.com/blog/ first of all you should have a table in database database that contains (user_id, company_id,  password, auth_level). the auth_level can be used to grant specific content/page access to each user of each company. but, you need to override the authentication process as bellow.    protected void Login1_Authenticate(object sender, AuthenticateEventArgs e) { L...

What container (control) can hold a few controls?
Can some one give an idea? I want to use a control as container to hold a few controls such as text box, lable and make all controls invisible once this container is invisible. So that I do not code to make all controls invisible. I try use Panel control but it did not work this way. Use a <div> and a CSS Block that you can set to .visible = false  Bryan SampicaAuction Site StarterKit |My Blog Panel control should work please paste your code here and let's see what is going on! HighOnCodingWanna get high! Yes, panel is working after I tested it again. Thank you....

.Controls.Add() can only execute once for a same control?
While coding the .net program in VB, I wanted to place the same place holders in a 3 (columns) x 1 (row) table. I tried to do the following MainTD.Controls.Add(tmpTable) MainTR.Cells.Add(MainTD) MainTR.Cells.Add(MainTD) MainTR.Cells.Add(MainTD) MainTable.Rows.Add(MainTR) As you can see, I called the "MainTR.Cells.Add(MainTD)" 3 times and SUPPOSELY it'll filled all 3 columns with placeholder (tmpTable). Unfortunately, only the first column has data populated, not the other two. Does anyone know how can I populate the same control (tmpTable) in all 3 columns? ...

can a control call another control in it.
hello every body,can an control call other control in it.if yes than please help me.  Yes a control can call another one within it. Simply use the declared name of the other control. Of course the parent control must be able to hold child controls.  Jus to be sure, was it that or did you want to know if one control can load another control within it dynamically?Do you know the truth when you hear it? thanxfor ur help. mine issue is solvedagain thanxbyeeee hav a nice time:)  No problem. Did the reply help you at all?Do you know the truth when you hear it?...

how can I controls the position of the user control
I add the user control to the web form dynamicly!so it's hard to control the position,although i can do like this: UserControl c = (UserControl)LoadControl("test.ascx");  form1.Controls.Add(c);  Panel p = (Panel)c.FindControl("panel1");  p.Style["left"] = "140";   however it's too hard to control the position. can anyone give me any better solution? thanks verry much!!!I love .net You may define a container on your page and then dynamically add the usercontrol to the already positioned container. For example, in your code:   UserControl c = (UserControl)Load...

Trouble controlling .net controlls with CSS
 I am trying to control the :hover css property on <asp: Button> controls. Basically the css is working correctly to set the initial look of the button, but nothing is happening when I hover over the button. Here is my code:CSS:.sidebarButton{    width: 168px;     height: 45px;     background-color: #666666;     text-align: left;    font-weight: bold;    font-family: Century Gothic;    font-size: 13pt;    color: White;    border-style: none;  ...

Creating a control that other controls can be dropped in
How would one go about creating a control that other developers can drop their controls in, like how a Panel works? Are there some links available? With .net 1.x there's 2 basic mechanisms. 1) Do what Panel does, and use the ReadWriteControlDesigner. This causes your control to support drag-drop exactly like panel, but also like panel, does not let you show any html around the area. Your control will always only look like a panel. 2) Templates. Make the area that will be editable be an ITemplate property. You can use this templated control designer I wrote to quickly set up the desi...

Web resources about - Can I have a control that controls more than on link? - asp.net.community-starter-kit

WA bushfires: Firefighters work through the night to control several blazes
Firefighters in Western Australia are working through the night to control and contain several blazes.

Alaska Marijuana Control Board makes major residency requirement changes at last minute - Alaska Dispatch ...
Assistant Attorney General Harriet Milks called the shift in Alaska marijuana business residency requirements a “sea change” that could “upend ...

69 percent of users would bypass security controls to win a big deal
When faced with the chance of clinching a major deal people are willing to throw security controls out of the window. This is according to research ...

MAZEL TOV, HILLARY: Clinton Wins Gun Control Award From Major Anti-Bill of Rights Group
... restrictions on the freedoms protected by the Constitution is not a sign of character, but a clear indication of blind adherence to a gun control ...

Obama to Veto Bill Requiring Background Checks On Syrian Refugees; France Demands Tighter Controls, EU ...
... does not call for ending the refugee program or require religious screenings, as some Republicans have demanded . France Demands Tighter Controls, ...

DC Police Chief, “If you’re in a position to try and take the gunman down…it’s the best option for saving ...
... in a position to try and take the gunman down…it’s the best option for saving lives before police can get there,” Yet DC Supports Gun Control ...

USB Volume Control
... computer speakers, they often have a volume knob you can mount somewhere on your desk so you aren’t dependent on the onboard volume control. ...

5 Questions: Punjab’s rightful control over Chandigarh, says Prem Singh Chandumajra
Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) MP Prem Singh Chandumajra on why he raised the issue of Punjab’s claim over Chandigarh in LS.