Updating Web.Config( ^SqlConnectionString^ was not found in web.config. Connection String was not updated).

hi ppl i installed the forum and when it was fininshed im not getting the fierst screen.
when i wrote it myself on the explorer http://localhost/Forums it gave an error like this:::::::::::::::

   Login failed for user 'amit'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'amit'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Source Error:

when i checked the install log file it was written there:::::::::;;

Starting Installation
    Installing Database
        Creating Database.
        Creating Tables.
        Creating Stored Procedures.
        Creating Functions.
        Creating Initial Data.
        Creating Admin Account.
        Creating Sql Server Login Account.
    Updating Web.Config
        ^SqlConnectionString^ was not found in web.config.  Connection String was not updated.
    Installing IIS
        Installing Virtual Directory
Installation Complete.

plz tell me what it is i have to do in my web config file.
n what it is i have to do here::::::::::;;
Forums Database Login

This screen is asking you how do you want the ASP.NET Forums application to connect to the database when it is running on the server. In some cases you may want the Forums application to use the same information that you gave the installer when connecting to the database. In other situations you may not want the Forums application to use the same account but want it to use a special account that you've created just for this application. Choose the option that makes the most sense in your environment. This information is written in the web.config information for the application in clear text.

plz reply

0
amitmj
12/22/2005 10:23:37 AM
asp.net.community-server 486 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Connection String Doesn't Update from Web Config File
I have an application that I developed in VB2002 and let Visual Web Dev 2005 convert it.  However when I run the application I get an error message saying invalid login or password for the SQL Server I am trying to use (new server and username).  I have updated it in the webconfig file however if I do a search for the old server name it is on every aspx file that I reference my connection string in the Web Form Designer Generated Code.... Why isn't it using the connection string I have in the webconfig file? Data is one of the pain points in the WAP, mainly because with WAP we c...

WEb Deployment project issue: How do i allow updates to Various sections in web.config in the target server as part of installation ?
1) I've got  a web.config whose sections related to the application be it for SMTP settings and other sections related to the application should be editable while deploying it in the target web server 2) I don't want to use 'Replace Config files' option Is there an existing MSBuild task that can be used to accomplish this?  Or do i have to roll-out a Window application and launch that as part of the task to get this done and put this in the one of the build phases be it "After Build"    3) Also, WebDeployment projects use the F...

running 2 web.configs in the same website 1 in /web.config and one in /swf/web.config
Im having issues doing this. and when i remove the authentication from the swf/web.config it still doesnt seem to be applying to the child website at all. Whats the proper way to set a child website? Thanks!!  The lower most web.config overrides all previous settings. So if you remove the section from the /swf/web.config whatever settings you have in the web.config in the next higher level will have an effect on the content of the child folder.So instead of removing a section, try giving appropriate settings in the /swf/web.config....

web.config, app.config Connection strings
Hi all,   My difficulty is the configuration of the following Connection String.    <connectionStrings>        <add name="RMS_DAL.My.MySettings.RMSConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=DEV01;Initial Catalog=RMS;Integrated Security=True"            providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />    </connectionStrings>    In visual Studio  I have a 3 tier "Solution" like this  &nb...

seriously confused about connections strings, app.config, web.config ...
I have a web application that comprises the following: A web project (with a web.config file containing a connection string - but no data access code in the web project) A data access project that uses LINQ-SQL classes to provide entities to the web project UI (this project has a settings file and an app.config - both of which have connection strings) When I build and deploy, there is no settings file or app.config in the Bin directory with the data access .dll, but changing the connection string in the web.config file doesn't change the database accordingly - so ...

Why we use Web.Config File for connection string wether we can use class Library for get connection for whole web Application
 Why we use Web.Config File for connection string wether we can use class Library for get connection for whole web Application  please help me? Friend, Web.config has its own advantages. 1) Web.Config is used to store the important information like connections strings etc...so that it can be modified even after the code has been    deployed to the server without compiling the entire application again. 2) Since it is a XML file, there is no need of building the project of you are going to change the connection strings.   If you go for the class files,...

Merging my web.config.mylibrary with the web.config
I see multiples web.config files in the framework 2.0 folder.  There is a way to had a web.config.mylibrary file that contains part of the configuration section.For example, I want that the profile section to be in the web.config.mylibrary file and when the web site will be load, the two web.config will be merge.  Is it possible to such thing ? Hi Biz, It is possible to-do this using the configSource property on configuration section elements.  You could then store different configuration sections in different configuration files in a distributed way.Here is a MSD...

Need to put this in a web.config file. Transfer a collection from app.config to web.config.

Update web.config
I have an AppSetting called text_Login, that are used to store a welcometext on my website. the AppSetting is stored in my web.config file. With configurationManager I have found an easy way to show the text, but I don't know how to store it in web.config. I have tried everything that I know, and I am lost. Can someone help me? Best regards Søren Jensen, Denmark This blog helped me out, I hope helps you too: http://geekswithblogs.net/azamsharp/archive/2005/10/09/56457.aspxCheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question! Also...

Updating Web.config
Actually right now I have to update the web.config file which have the settings of my web service project. I have some tags which already exist there… I want to replace this full tag with new values…. In this project, I am able to get the string (actually xml tag sets) from the web.config file. My task is to generate a new string (xml tag string) and replace the old one with the new one. For more clarification, let me put some exmaple: i have web.config like: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration>    ...

Updating web.config
DNN writes to the web.config file by design. Is this common practice for web applications? I ask because this strikes me as a possible security hole. John TarboxJohn TarboxSymdak ANalytics, Inc. I was under the impression that we weren't doing this anymore? What exactly is being written to the web.config in what version? MattMatt FraserDotNetNuke Core TeamLiquid Platinum TechnologiesLoanWeb4Insurance4Homes >"What exactly is being written to the web.config in what version?" Take a look at global.asax.vb and in particular Sub UpdateWebConfig() As for version, th...

Can't read (connection) string from web.config with web matrix
Hi, I'm trying to retrieve a connection string from a web.config file and I get nothing back when I use ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["ConnectionString"]; I set up a test stub called configtest.aspx to try to see what was wrong but I can't see where the problem is. I would really appreciate an extra pair of eyes here to help me solve this mystery cheers Jeet Here is my asp.net code <%@ Page Language="C#" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Configuration" %> <script runat="server"> void Page_Load(Ob...

Connection string in WEB.CONFIG for SQL Server 2005
Hi all,I now know that the .mdf file (I don't have a .ldf file for some reason, does this not come with the latest download of the TimeTracker starter-kit?) must stay in the app_data directory. But, I have SQL Server 2005 and so the connection strings in the default WEB.CONFIG file are for SQL Express<connectionStrings>        <add name="aspnet_staterKits_TimeTracker" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|TimeTracker.mdf;User Instance=true" />        <remov...

web.config/ADO.NET command/connection string problem?
Ok, I have searched everywhere and not been able to find an answer yet so I hope someone can help me. I have an application that uses a key in the web.config file to reference a connection string to SQL Server 2000. In the development environment, this works as expected. However, when I edit the web.config file to reference a new database (initial catalog) it doesn't seem to register for some of the command objects (based on stored procs). I will receive an error that the user could not log on to database X, even though the connection should now be referencing database Y. This only happens w...

Web resources about - Updating Web.Config( ^SqlConnectionString^ was not found in web.config. Connection String was not updated). - asp.net.community-server