TheBeerHouse

Can anyone tell me where can i download the TheBeerHouse starter kit in VB

Thanks

Amjad Ahmad
0
amjad905
2/13/2007 9:42:12 PM
asp.net.commerce-starter-kit 1165 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yep its at http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/productCd-0764584642,descCd-download_code.html although I couldn't get it to work, but there again I prefer C#

Need any help give me a shout :)

Martin

0
iPagan
2/14/2007 1:57:53 AM
thanks
Amjad Ahmad
0
amjad905
2/14/2007 2:44:48 PM
Can anyone show me a downable VB version of a shopping cart which is simple. Like that it uses Sessions or chache to add items to the shopping cart. As i dont understand The BeerHouse code.
Amjad Ahmad
0
amjad905

Opening Commerce Starter Kit from VB.Net
Hi, I have downloaded the ASP.NET commerce starter kit. I want to run it from within the VB.net environment but when I try to open the project file (CommerceVBSDK.vbproj) I get the following error: "The project you are trying to open is a web project. You need to open it by specifying its URL path" I'm new to .NET and I really want to be able to step through the code! Thanks Phoede I'm having the same problem. There is another thread in this forum that suggests creating a WebInfo file, but after doing that I still could not open the project. I'm wondering i...

open commerce starter kit with vs studio.net
I downloaded the Commerce Starter Kit (commerceCSVS) in C# version. It run fine in the front end. When i tried to open it from vs. studio.net, it would not let me do it. I have also tried to open it through Start>All program> ASP.Net starter kits> ASP.Net starter kits(commerceCSVS)> ASP.Net starter kits(commerceCSVS).sln by right this should open it for me to modify the code, but it give me the error "vs studio has detected the web server is not running asp.net version 1.1, the web application cannot be open... " something like this. I have done these. ...

TheBeerHouse: CMS & E-commerce Starter Kit
Hello,   Have any one work on this website and run into issue like mine, please share!!    Server Error in '/' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30456: 'Newsletter' is not a member of 'String'.Source Error:Line 310: For Each user As MembershipUser In Membership.GetAllUsers Line 311: Dim userProfile As ...

Error after converting Commerce Starter Kit to .Net 2.0
I opened the Commerce Starter Kit in VS.Net 2.0 Beta and allowed the conversion wizard to run. Afterwards when re-opening the project I get the error "Unable to open the Web "http://localhost/CommerceVBVS/CommerceVBVS.vbproj. The Web http://localhost/CommerceVBVS/CommerceVBVS.vbproj doe not exist"I'm lost on what to do to correct this. It did not occur until after the conversion.Can anyone advise me on this?TIA The upgrade wizard actually deletes this file, because in VS 2005 websites are now longer "projects".  Try opening the site as a "website" instead of a "project".  When op...

Commerce Starter Kit (VB VS) cannot open .SLN in VS.NET 2003
Hello. When it attempt to open the Commerce Starter Kit (VB VS) CommerceStarterKit .SLN in VS.NET 2003 on Win XP Pro SP2, IIS5.1 .NET Framework 1.1 and .NET Framework 2.0, ASP.NET 1.1 and ASP.NET 2.0, I get the following errors which only have an OK button.  The help says to install the correct version of VB. It display the following screen for each of the error messages at the end of this post. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks, Tony---------------------------Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition---------------------------The application for projec...

Differences between the Club Starter Kit, Club Starter Kit 2.0, and Extended Club Starter Kit
I'm a little confused as the the differences between these 3 starter kits, can someone point the differences out to me?Victor Corey I picked the first one, because I thought that it would be the easiest and least complicated to understand and work with.  I have the same question.  You posted this some time ago, I guess nobody knows.  I am only posting this so it will show up again, and maybe someone will address it.  Thanks. I don't know about the extended, but I worked with the Club Site Starter Kit for several days and got stuck when needing to actually get ...

How to open Community starter kit in VS.NET for VB.NET?
Hi,   Some one please tell me how to open community starter kit in VS.NET 2003 as there is no solution object or project file in CommunityStarterKit folder. I have read the documents and installation is fine. Some one tell me please   Thanks There are two different formats of the CSK download. One format uses the SDK compilers and is best if you use notepad, webmatrix or similar. The other format is for Visual Studio . Net users.http://www.asp.net/StarterKits/DownloadCommunity.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1 Assuming you downloaded the VS.net version and installed it us...

Downloads are for .net 3.5 but all the starter kits are .net 2.0!?!?
I assume I'm missing something, but after downloading the installer for the latest products - web developer, etc, I downloaded some starter kits, dotnetnuke, the soccer club deal, and a couple others. Of course, none of them would compile and some use solutions, which apparently, express doesn't handle. Why are the starter kits here, as resources, if they aren't compatible with the products available on this site? If I'm suppposed to use an older version of studio express, which one and where do I get it?  I think the run time of 3.5 is same as 2.0, because 3.5 buid on...

commerce starter kit
Hi I'm totaly new in asp.net. I have commece starter kit (VBSDK) installed and running (localy). How can I modify it. Should I use Web Matrix. Where are the databases & tables. Thanks for your help. Hi, Yes, you're right, the "SDK" version of all starter kits are supposed to be modified and used by WebMatrix or other Text editor. Moreover, the database table should be created for you during the installation automatically, or you can check out a folder named "data" in the source. Regards,...

Commerce Starter Kit
Is it legal to base my graduation project on the commerce starter kit? Please, need a very quick reply Dear, I think the answer is yes of course. What is really these samples for? I am a researcher related to academic field. It is actually encouragable to make use of these sample applications and their techniques, but you have to understand it. Dont just listen to people on forums, especially with something as important as that... do u really think that basing your project on someone elses is going to be allowed... never mind that it has been coded by someone microsoft... sqadir...

TimeTracker Starter Kit as a subweb under the Personal Starter Kit
I am wanting to make the TimeTracker started kit as a subweb under the Personal Started Kit.  Is there any special way to do this or anything I should be worried about?  I am new to this and trying to develop a web application based off of these kits. ThanksChuck...

use portal starter kit with community starter kit
I am using the portalvbsdk and community starterkit but both have different user login database, is it possible to connect both starter kits with only one user login panel? Sorry, I am very new with ASP.NET I don't think so. The permissions in portal are different than permissions in community. If a person only logs in one and not the other, the permission settings will always be wrong for the one which has no login. ...

Hosting Commerce Starter Kit
Hi, I am looking for a hosting to allow a modified CSK. The requeriments for this application are the same that original CSK: -ASP.NET 2.0 -SqlExpress or SqlServer 2005 wich support User Instances (DBs attached) I have purchased a hosting plan in a hosting company (if anyone wants to know wich, email me please), but this hosting does not support User instances, and the host master, set the DBs (ASPNET.mdf and CommerceDB.mdf) like instance of SqlServer2005. Until here, no problem. But I am looking for a hosting wich allow User istances (DBs attached) because i want to create 1...

Admin for Commerce starter kit
Has anyone written an admin area for this site, in VB, that they would be willing to share? Also, looking for a version of this which supports sub categories. Thanks. Try this one http://www.onezeromedia.com/news.aspx?id=2003...

Commerce starter kit on Brinkster
I would like to use Commerce starter kit on Brinkster. Is that possible? Thanks in advance :) I'm also trying to deploy a commerce kit (store). Any help with Brinkster experience? Use the SDK version of C# or VB.NET...

Web resources about - TheBeerHouse - asp.net.commerce-starter-kit