Server Error in '/' Application using CSK on web-host-plus servers

Hi,

I have the CSK working pretty well at home on my own servers, but once I put it out "in the world", I started getting this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationPermission, System.Configuration, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' failed.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationPermission, System.Configuration, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' failed.]
   System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
   System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +59
   System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.CheckPermissionAllowed(String configKey, Boolean requirePermission, Boolean isTrustedWithoutAptca) +65

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

I Googled it a bit and found some bits about the trust level on the web host server, but unfortunately, they will not change their trust levels, and who can blame them?

So my question is, since there are at enough folks who have encountered this with the PayPal SDK prior to me, does anyone know what I can do to get it to work where it stands?  Or a web hosting solution that has a trust set with the SDK? Or is this something really dumb (PEBKAC on my part...) like I just need to get the signed certificate from the PayPal site by signing up for the merchant account?

Thanks in advance,

AK

0
AdamKadmon
6/12/2006 9:13:06 PM
asp.net.commerce-starter-kit 1165 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi

Take a look at this see if it helps

http://www.spire-applications.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?productid=357

0
Spire128
6/13/2006 12:19:48 PM

Yep, that's the one I found earlier.  So it looks as if there is no way to actually use the PayPal SDK unless I am hosting the site on my own servers and reducing my trust level to a point that it would be silly and dangerous to run a production eCommerce site on it.

Evidently it is back to design for me.

AdamKadmon
6/13/2006 2:10:22 PM

So per the other site's suggestions, I would like to switch this functionality over to a plain HTML form and am now faced with the daunting task of de-constructing the parts of the CSK that reference the SDK and (I guess) PayPal et al.  Can anyone offer suggestions on how I could go about tackling this?

Adam

0
AdamKadmon
6/20/2006 10:35:58 PM

For anyone who doesn't know, this is the solution:

http://forums.commercestarterkit.org/files/8/webcasts/entry5225.aspx

Sorry to have cluttered the forum without looking a little deeper first!

AK

0
AdamKadmon
6/22/2006 9:42:50 PM

I perfomed all the steps in the video, but stilll cannot get the site running.

I am using www.godaddy.com as my ISP and get the following error. Can it be a godaddy issue ?

Server Error in '/' Application.

SELECT permission denied on object 'TABLE_CONSTRAINTS', database 'master', owner 'INFORMATION_SCHEMA'.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SELECT permission denied on object 'TABLE_CONSTRAINTS', database 'master', owner 'INFORMATION_SCHEMA'.

Source Error:

Line 65:     public AdCollection Load() {
Line 66:
Line 67: 		Query qry = new Query("CSK_Store_Ad");
Line 68:
Line 69: 		foreach (Where where in wheres) {

0
t_ediz
1/23/2007 9:31:16 AM

Hi

As far as  I am aware u are stuffed.

Microsoft recommend a medium trust level setting for hosting service servers, which as u have found the Pay Pal SDK will not work in that envirenment, so your options are fairly limited.

1 Get your host to vary there server perrmissions, (my experience is some will some wont)
2 Recode the application so as not to use the Pay Pal Sdk
3 Change your host to 1 that will vary there permissions
4 Use another application

Smile

0
Spire128