Internal Server Error - ASP error

I have finally got IIS, MSDE, and .NET Framework working together, for the most part.  I cannot get the Starter Kit to work though.  My error comes on the first line of the page (Default.aspx or Login.aspx):

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services
Error Type:
Active Server Pages, ASP 0221 (0x80004005)
The specified 'Page Language="VB" ' option is unknown or invalid.
/CommerceVBSDK/Login.aspx, line 1

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
If I delete this line, the next line errors out also. Something is not quite configured correctly I assume. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
tuprware
10/14/2004 9:42:00 PM
asp.net.commerce-starter-kit 1165 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Copy and paste the very first line of your login.aspx html code.

It should be something like this:
<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="ASPNET.StarterKit.Commerce.Login" %>
It might vary with Web Matrix, but post your code and we should be able to fix it for you.
Dan
0
phnxgold
10/15/2004 3:43:03 PM
Thanks for the response.

This is the first line:
<%@ Page Language="VB" %>
I haven't touched it. It is just as delivered. The issue is somewhere in the configuration of IIS, .NET framework, and the Kit.
-t
0
tuprware

Server Error: HTTP Error 500.19
I got the following error while trying to make a test WCF project on VistaServer Error HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server ErrorDescription: The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid. Error Code: 0x80070005 Notification: BeginRequest Module: IIS Web Core Requested URL: http://localhost:80/ProductsService/ProductsService.svc Physical Path: C:\Test\ProductsService\ProductsService\ProductsService.svc Logon User: Not yet determined Logon Method: Not yet determined Handler: Not yet determined Config Error: Cannot read configura...

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
I have written a web service and tested it and it works fine from the .asmx test page. However, when I attempt to call it with a post I get this error:  The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.Source Error: Line 164: myStream.Close() ...

Web Service Error : The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error
Hi i am getting an error when trying a simple web service. if i run both the web service and the client .aspx page on the same server it works fine, But when i put it on a different server it doesnt work at all and gives me this error"System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at HttpUtils.HttpPost(String URI, String Parameters) in e:\Websites\C#\Live\CMS\Trunk\App_Code\siteFunctions\HttpUtils.cs:line 35"UserApi.asmx  [WebMethod] public string HelloName(string name) { ...

Server Error when signing in to Commerce Starter kit
Hello, I get the following error each time a try and sign in to the Commerce Starter Kit which in on a production server in running from a sub folder not a virual directory. Every thing else looks good. I did not a problem with setting it up on either the local or production server. The local which is setup as a virtual directory does not produce the error when signing in. I believe it is from the redirect line in the login.aspx ' Redirect browser back to originating page FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage(customerId, RememberLogin.Checked) ...

error error error

Error, Error and more errors

errors errors errors..

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error
I have a VB.Net application where I am posting to an HTTP server that has a classic asp page and I am getting the following exception (it's throwing the exception on line 13).  Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this?  thanks  : <EXCEPTION> The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error </EXCEPTION> 1                            PostData = "externalID=" ID2 Dim strPath As ...

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error
Hi  String strUrl = "http://catalogues.cataloguecentral.com.au/global/search/search.aspx?";              // Create a request using a URL that can receive a post.         WebRequest request = WebRequest.Create(strUrl);        // Set the Method property of the request to POST.        request.Method = "POST";        // Create POST data and convert it to a byte array. &...

he remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
 System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.     i implemented the search functionality in the website searchdotnet some application i got ,i inegrated it ,it works fine localhost but on server i created some problemMark As Answer If my reply helped you. It means that an exception occured , you can specify in the web.config to show the exact exception to remote hosts.what is the <customErrors> configuration in your web.config ?   J.W.Please click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helps you...

Error after converting Commerce Starter Kit to .Net 2.0
I opened the Commerce Starter Kit in VS.Net 2.0 Beta and allowed the conversion wizard to run. Afterwards when re-opening the project I get the error "Unable to open the Web "http://localhost/CommerceVBVS/CommerceVBVS.vbproj. The Web http://localhost/CommerceVBVS/CommerceVBVS.vbproj doe not exist"I'm lost on what to do to correct this. It did not occur until after the conversion.Can anyone advise me on this?TIA The upgrade wizard actually deletes this file, because in VS 2005 websites are now longer "projects".  Try opening the site as a "website" instead of a "project".  When op...

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
When I remote access in website by application on window to extract data I have error : The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. This is my code : Dim PostData As String = _ "__VIEWSTATE=" & tmpvs & _ "&txtUserName=" & UserID & _ "&txtPassword=" & PWord & _ "&chkPersistant=1" & _ "&btnSignIn=SignIn" '& _ Dim Data() As Byte = encoding.GetBytes(PostData) Dim LoginReq As Net.HttpWebRequest = Net.WebRequest.Create(loginURL) With LoginReq .KeepAlive = Fals...

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. #2
I am testing a utility program that loops through my localhost and pulls out all of the meta tag information and page titles.   After I do a recursive directory search and have all of the pages i convert the directory path's to urls and call the pages using the following code WebClient wc = new WebClient(uri); string page = wc.DownloadString(uri); This seems to work fine for the first few sites, however at a certain point i start getting (The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.).  Nothing is wrong with the URI however it just seems to st...

Web resources about - Internal Server Error - ASP error - asp.net.commerce-starter-kit

Empire of Japan (internal politics 1914–1944) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Since the Meiji period, Japan had been a nominal constitutional monarchy , but the name did not obscure the fact that Japan’s form of government ...

Paris attacks: Immigration Minister Peter Dutton rejects internal call from state MP Andrew Fraser to ...
Peter Dutton shuts down a call from New South Wales MP Andrew Fraser for Australia to stop accepting Middle Eastern refugees.

iPad Pro Smart Keyboard teardown shows off clever internals, scores 0/10 for repairability
... may be in short supply worldwide but that doesn’t stop iFixit from tearing them down. The Apple Pencil teardown demonstrated some clever internal ...

Tomatoes taste good because we slowed down their internal clocks
(credit: National Park Service ) Tomatoes were probably first domesticated in the Andean region of Peru and Ecuador. From there, cultivation ...

Autoblog Minute: VW finds CO2 'irregularities' after internal investigation
Filed under: Videos , Volkswagen , Emissions , Autoblog Minute The Volkswagen emissions scandal expands in scope, likely including gas cars in ...

New analytics platform helps detect internal attacks
... actions. To provide organizations with additional context and more accuracy to detect malicious attacks, even those that originate internally, ...

Oracle has a crack internal team building a completely new cloud — here's what we know so far
... is apparently in favor with Oracle leadership now, that doesn't mean the old one is slated for the scrap heap — Ellison is known to spur internal ...

Apple employees have a LOT to say about the company's secretive internal culture
... not be responding to this question, nor would I feel wronged for not being able to." Apple makes grammar and punctuation changes in its internal ...

Mobile Apps: The Next Big Thing for Internal Communications
Internal communications is on the brink of the next big movement for employee engagement and interaction: mobile apps. Straight from the app ...

Walmart Now Has An Internal “Swat Team” To Prevent Embarrassing Costumes From Hitting Shelves
... section of Walmart.com dedicated to “Fat Girl Costumes.” In an effort to pre-empt this sort of embarrassment, the retailer now has an internal ...