Customization of Starter Kit / Help Request

Hi there,

I understand it uses SQL Server for it's Data Store. Would it be hard for me to modify it so that it uses MS Access instead?
-----------------
or better yet would be greatly appreciated if someone and point me to a tutorial or briefly explain how to do the following.
1) Data Grid / List to display item description + Images [ similar to the starter kit ] using ASP.net / VB.net. User able to click on the item to display more info
2) How do "send" stuff something like "http://www.xxx.net/xxx/AddPost.aspx?tabindex=1&ForumID=84"
the part where "?tabindex=1 " etc. how do these work and how do u config those.
Appreciate any feedback / Info
0
student01
2/4/2005 5:51:56 AM
asp.net.commerce-starter-kit 1165 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Differences between the Club Starter Kit, Club Starter Kit 2.0, and Extended Club Starter Kit
I'm a little confused as the the differences between these 3 starter kits, can someone point the differences out to me?Victor Corey I picked the first one, because I thought that it would be the easiest and least complicated to understand and work with.  I have the same question.  You posted this some time ago, I guess nobody knows.  I am only posting this so it will show up again, and maybe someone will address it.  Thanks. I don't know about the extended, but I worked with the Club Site Starter Kit for several days and got stuck when needing to actually get ...

TimeTracker Starter Kit as a subweb under the Personal Starter Kit
I am wanting to make the TimeTracker started kit as a subweb under the Personal Started Kit.  Is there any special way to do this or anything I should be worried about?  I am new to this and trying to develop a web application based off of these kits. ThanksChuck...

use portal starter kit with community starter kit
I am using the portalvbsdk and community starterkit but both have different user login database, is it possible to connect both starter kits with only one user login panel? Sorry, I am very new with ASP.NET I don't think so. The permissions in portal are different than permissions in community. If a person only logs in one and not the other, the permission settings will always be wrong for the one which has no login. ...

Telligent Community Server Starter Kit versus Microsoft Community Starter Kit
This ASP.NET forum lists GoDaddy.com as supporting the Microsoft Community Starter Kit.  After going through the setup on GoDaddy.com, I realize that they installed Telligent's Community Server Starter Kit.  I have been browsing this forum, and have not gotten a good answer to several questions.  I get the drift that Telligent has taken over the active development of the CSK project and is further developing the Starter Kit?  Telligent's starter kits are open-source (sort-of), but the realities of development determine that a the Starter Kit have a financial backin...

Upgrade 4.0.0 Starter Kit to 4.0.1 Starter kit
I installed the 4.0.0 starter kit and upgraded a module I was working on from 3.1 with problems. However now that 4.0.1 has arrived I do not see how I can upgrade to it easily and the upgrade of starter kits does not seem to be mentioned in the 4.0.1 documentation? Could anybody please advise? Many thanks Richard. I'm in the same boat, can't find an easy way to upgrade my DNN site created with the starter kit version 4.0.0. I am thinking the only way to upgrade the portal is to download the install version of 4.0.1 and extract the zip over the existing files in the...

Help with Custom Modules for The Portal Starter Kit
I just made my first custom module for the Portal. As soon as i configure it on tha application and add it to a tab, i get this error: Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ArticlesDB' does not exist in the class or namespace 'ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal' (are you missing an assembly reference?) I thought I did it right, but i guess I didn't get...

Opening Commerce Starter Kit from VB.Net
Hi, I have downloaded the ASP.NET commerce starter kit. I want to run it from within the VB.net environment but when I try to open the project file (CommerceVBSDK.vbproj) I get the following error: "The project you are trying to open is a web project. You need to open it by specifying its URL path" I'm new to .NET and I really want to be able to step through the code! Thanks Phoede I'm having the same problem. There is another thread in this forum that suggests creating a WebInfo file, but after doing that I still could not open the project. I'm wondering i...

open commerce starter kit with vs studio.net
I downloaded the Commerce Starter Kit (commerceCSVS) in C# version. It run fine in the front end. When i tried to open it from vs. studio.net, it would not let me do it. I have also tried to open it through Start>All program> ASP.Net starter kits> ASP.Net starter kits(commerceCSVS)> ASP.Net starter kits(commerceCSVS).sln by right this should open it for me to modify the code, but it give me the error "vs studio has detected the web server is not running asp.net version 1.1, the web application cannot be open... " something like this. I have done these. ...

New to kit and web dev. need help CLUB Starter Kit 3.0
  Found problem -  in database and edited form admin account How do edit simple things like the club name or my site tag line. I now how in the regular starter kit but not this one. After that any swimple documents on work with the sit would be great.  The info I want to change is not in the web.config I am using visual web dev 2008. Thank you, Jim All the club names and tag are stored in the database.We created an admin page for editing that. It all should be in the docs.Zack OwensCoordinator for the ClubStarterKit (Open Source)http://codeplex.com/clubstarterkit Ve...

When I deleted PortalCfg.xsd,the Portal Starter Kit can still work normally.Then What is the use of PortalCfg.xsd in Portal Starter Kit?
Thanks! The purpose of PortalCfg.xsd is to make the layout and validate the PortalCfg.xml! The struct of PortalCfg.xml is based on PortalCfg.xsdregards João Martins...

Error after converting Commerce Starter Kit to .Net 2.0
I opened the Commerce Starter Kit in VS.Net 2.0 Beta and allowed the conversion wizard to run. Afterwards when re-opening the project I get the error "Unable to open the Web "http://localhost/CommerceVBVS/CommerceVBVS.vbproj. The Web http://localhost/CommerceVBVS/CommerceVBVS.vbproj doe not exist"I'm lost on what to do to correct this. It did not occur until after the conversion.Can anyone advise me on this?TIA The upgrade wizard actually deletes this file, because in VS 2005 websites are now longer "projects".  Try opening the site as a "website" instead of a "project".  When op...

Commerce Starter Kit
Is it legal to base my graduation project on the commerce starter kit? Please, need a very quick reply Dear, I think the answer is yes of course. What is really these samples for? I am a researcher related to academic field. It is actually encouragable to make use of these sample applications and their techniques, but you have to understand it. Dont just listen to people on forums, especially with something as important as that... do u really think that basing your project on someone elses is going to be allowed... never mind that it has been coded by someone microsoft... sqadir...

commerce starter kit
Hi I'm totaly new in asp.net. I have commece starter kit (VBSDK) installed and running (localy). How can I modify it. Should I use Web Matrix. Where are the databases & tables. Thanks for your help. Hi, Yes, you're right, the "SDK" version of all starter kits are supposed to be modified and used by WebMatrix or other Text editor. Moreover, the database table should be created for you during the installation automatically, or you can check out a folder named "data" in the source. Regards,...

Help with starter kits!
I've got my IIS configured fully, but can't find any way to get something to show up for the "SQL server" box. Any ideas? I'm really looking forward to getting ASP.net all up and running... IIS does not come with an SQL server. However, Microsoft provides a small free one, known as MSDE << go to that link to download it and install it.Alister Cheers, I'd forgotten to instal MSDE. So I've configured everything w/ defaults for ease, but once I've gone through the wizard, I can't seem to access what I've created (Community Starter kit) Here's what I get, is it...

Web resources about - Customization of Starter Kit / Help Request - asp.net.commerce-starter-kit

Desktop customization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Desktop customization is a term that describes the customization of a personal computer desktop environment . Customization can be carried out ...

Mass Customization & Open Innovation News
Notes and ideas on mass customization, personalization, customer co-creation, and open innovation strategies of value co-creation between suppliers ...

Open Directory - Computers: Software: Desktop Customization: Icons
Axialis Icons - Free packs of basic, web mini and web 2.0 basic mini icons, licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License.

Smilebox Joins Facebook Cover Image Customization Fray
Another option for Facebook users looking to customize their cover images for the holidays comes by way of photo-sharing service Smilebox in ...

Facebook enables mobile app installs direct from News Feed, offers developers more customization and ...
Facebook today announced changes to its mobile app install ad unit , including a way for iOS 6 users to download apps without leaving the social ...

iFxCalc: A most human nature function calculator. Support customization of functions. on the App Store ...
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about iFxCalc: A most human nature function calculator. Support customization ...

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller – Customization with the Xbox Accessories App - YouTube
Navin Kumar from the Xbox team provides an overview of the many ways you can further customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller through an ...

Anki Drive iOS app updated with new car upgrades, customization options
... a track and controlled wirelessly with an iOS device. Today, the company updated its iOS app with a host of new features, upgrades, and customization ...

The Next Frontier in Customization: Lay's Potato Chip Bags
... July. But Lay's fans will have to act fast. PepsiCo-owned Frito-Lay is capping the program at 10,000 bags. Still, that is a significant customization ...

Facebook Testing ‘See First’ News Feed Customization Feature
Facebook continues to experiment with ways to let users customize their News Feeds , and See First, which appears to be an expansion of a test ...