Running Start Kit w/VS 2005 beta 2 & SQL Server 2005 beta 2

I'm having trouble running the club site starter kit.  I have VS 2005 Team System beta 2 and SQL Server 2005 Developer edition installed (they both came on the MS C/D sent me last week).  I downloaded the club site starter kit (VB) and followed the instructions for installing it.  I'm able to open VS and open a new website and select the club website template.  I install into "D:\WebDev\VSWebSites\ClubSiteSK1", where "D:\WebDev" is the IIS virtual home directory.

The site comes up fine in VS 2005.  However, when I press [F5] I get:

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +684707
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +207
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(Boolean& useFailoverPartner, Boolean& failoverDemandDone, String host, String failoverPartner, String protocol, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean aliasLookup) +890
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +601
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +159
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) +108
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) +28
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject) +445
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject) +66
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +304
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +85
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +111
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +121
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +137
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +83
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +1706
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.GetData() +50
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +214
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +54
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind() +62
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.EnsureDataBound() +55
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6349

I'm figuring either the site can't find the "clubsite.mdf" or SQL Server hasn't ID'd the db file or it expects SQL Express instead of SQL Server 2005.  I don't know where to go from here?  Can anyone help?

Thanks.
0
Bill
7/5/2005 3:08:59 PM
asp.net.club-site-starter-kit 1219 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I'm getting the same error. I downloaded the ClubAdd.exe which creates the tables for SQL Server 2005, but not sure what to do next.  If anyone has a document on how to setup using SQL Server 2005 beta 2 it would of great help.

Regards,
Anxious to get started...
0
PDFOX99
7/28/2005 12:04:59 PM

Hi everyone,

It's really easy ! Just execute the sql queries in the script with Microsoft SQL Server Managment Studio. You must create a database first. You must change the connection strings in web.config as well. A connection like the one below works well :

<Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=mydatabase;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"

Where mydatabase is the database you just created.

And that's all !

Good luck,

---
Christophe Hivert.
Club MS. Ensimag.

0
lockpicker

VS.NET 2005 beta 1 and SQL Server 2005 beta 3
Hello, I can't get Visual Studio .NET 2005 beta 1 and SQL Server 2005 beta 3 without there being issues between the two. They both require their own version of the .NET framework 2 beta, and then the other problem doesn't work correctly. Should I install VS.NET 2005 and then install a later build? Where can I get the newest build? BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). If you're talking about SqlServer 2005 Beta2, then yse they can wo...

Can .NET framework Beta 2 communicate with SQL 2005 Standard Beta 2?
I upgraded my project from beta 1 to beta 2 and now it has trouble talking to my SQL 2005 Standard Beta 2 (not the Express April CTP).  Did MSFT modified Beta 2 so communicating with SQL 2005 Standard Beta 2 is not possible anymore? Please advice, Jason More specifically, the error is: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.) I don't know this for sure, but I think I've seen the same problem.  If you ...

Getting Started with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2
Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 was released on 4/17/2005.  Here's some important information for users to get started with: If you installed any version of Whidbey Beta 1 products, you must uninstall all Whidbey Beta 1 products before installing Beta 2.  The following links provide details and additional information about uninstalling: http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/uninstall/http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/19/409555.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408769.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408768.aspx You ...

Differences between the Club Starter Kit, Club Starter Kit 2.0, and Extended Club Starter Kit
I'm a little confused as the the differences between these 3 starter kits, can someone point the differences out to me?Victor Corey I picked the first one, because I thought that it would be the easiest and least complicated to understand and work with.  I have the same question.  You posted this some time ago, I guess nobody knows.  I am only posting this so it will show up again, and maybe someone will address it.  Thanks. I don't know about the extended, but I worked with the Club Site Starter Kit for several days and got stuck when needing to actually get ...

Club Starter Kit 2.0 Beta 2
We have release a second beta over on CodePlex that has made the following improvements from Beta 1: Bug Fixes Web Administration RSVP module ASP.NET AJAX Newsletter CMS-like text editing Downloads attached to Events/News Check it out! [MODERATOR EDIT] Please note, the Club Starter 2.0 project is a personal derivative of the official Microsoft Club Site Starter Kit. For support on the the club starter 2.0 project you should refer the the CodePlex discussions section.Zack OwensCoordinator for the ClubStarterKit (Open Source)http://codeplex.com/clubstarterkit I like what your...

SQL 2000 Vs.net 2005 beta 2
I've been trying to get this to work forever...Anyway I figure out that if you use attachdbfilename. You will go nowhere :)I finally removed it and it works very well.The problem i'm getting now is: Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'dbo.aspnet_SchemaVersions'.I looked and there isn't a SchemaVersions in my sql directory. I've tried reinstalling the .sq...

Can you have VS .net 2003 AND VS.net 2005 Beta 2 installed on same machine?
Right now I have Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 installed on my machine, but I also need to put on the Visual Studio 2003 Professional to work with some older projects. Can I installed the Visual Studio 2003 Professional on the same machine with out messing anything up?Thanks Yes you can have them side by side!   Also see http://blogs.msdn.com/robcaron/archive/2005/04/20/410224.aspx link of Robcorn, it also could helps you!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti great thanks, I am installing the 2003 version now on my machine that already has the ...

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

Solution for Error EventCalendar.dll in Template My Club Site VS 2005 beta 2
Hello, I think I have found de solution for Localize EventCalendar.dll in Spanish (European) date format.   Just change MM/dd/yyyy for dd/MM/ yyyy in the source code of EventCalendar.dll available in this forums… Anyway I am going to make the file public.   Best Regards  ...

vs 2005 Beta 2 running slow
I have VS 2005 Beta 2 installed on an old P-III  1 GHz computer with 384K RAM.  It seems to be running very slow (intellisense takes forever).  Are there some options I can turn off to speed it up?thanksdh http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2005/06/09/427133.aspxThanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Web resources about - Running Start Kit w/VS 2005 beta 2 & SQL Server 2005 beta 2 - asp.net.club-site-starter-kit

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Redcliffe rail line 100 years in the making to be running by Ekka 2016
Passengers will finally be able to catch a train from the Redcliffe Peninsula to the heart of Brisbane within six months.

Trent Cotchin confirmed as Tigers skipper for fourth year running
Trent Cotchin will captain Richmond for a fourth straight AFL season, with Alex Rance and Shane Edwards also added to the Tigers' leadership ...

Running hot: Why one-day cricket isn't all about power
The value of one of cricket's most underrated skills was highlighted in an epic one-day stand this week. Running between the wickets is an acquired ...

Time Is Running Out on Time Warner's Independence
Jeff Bewkes's plan to keep Time Warner independent could only last so long. That time may be about up. Speculation is back that Rupert Murdoch ...

Sensoria smart clothing reviewed: A ton of running data at your toe-tips
... socks, shirts, and bras meant for those who are serious about fitness. The $199 smart socks have sensors embedded in them to collect running ...

"If you want to be a patron, be a patron. Don't kid yourself that you're running a business."
"Even when print was profitable, TNR and magazines like it weren't," says Virginia Postrel , criticizing Chris Hughes. (Via a Facebook discussion ...

Ex-NFL running back found dead in prison
Guards at Kern Valley State Prison in California found Lawrence Phillips, 40, unresponsive in his cell shortly after midnight

Suicide is suspected in death of imprisoned ex-NFL running back Lawrence Phillips
Lawrence Phillips, a star running back at Nebraska and first-round NFL draft pick whose pro career quickly unraveled amid disciplinary problems, ...

What’s next for Texans running back Arian Foster?
The future of Texans four-time Pro Bowl running back Arian Foster remains unresolved with his status with the team uncertain due to his recent ...