Problem after host moved my site from ASP.NET 2.0 Beta 2 to an ASP.NET 2.0 server

Hi there,
I wonder if you can help.

My site has been moved today to a different server an ASP.NET 2.0 host, from one that was a ASP.NET 2.0 Beta 2 host.
I can access some of the pages but I can't login. I get Application Error.
Also get the same if I try to access the Events page.

I'm using SQL Server 2000. I can still access the database through SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager.
Also I can run the website perfectly when running it from Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 locally, can see all the members again and Events section works fine.

Anyone got any clues to help me to get my club site working again?

Thanks in advance,
Tony
0
Tony
11/12/2005 12:35:13 AM
asp.net.club-site-starter-kit 1219 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I've run now with custom errors off  and get trace stack below. As mentioned before, it all runs fine when I run the website from my local computer via Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2, but when running website from the host machine that has ASP.NET 2.0  I get the error. Any clues?

Server Error in '/' Application.

Procedure or function aspnet_Membership_GetPasswordWithFormat has too many arguments specified.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure or function aspnet_Membership_GetPasswordWithFormat has too many arguments specified.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Procedure or function aspnet_Membership_GetPasswordWithFormat has too many arguments specified.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +857466
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +735078
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +188
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1838
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +31
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +62
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +297
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +886
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +132
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +122
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +62
   System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.GetPasswordWithFormat(String username, Boolean updateLastLoginActivityDate, Int32& status, String& password, Int32& passwordFormat, String& passwordSalt, Int32& failedPasswordAttemptCount, Int32& failedPasswordAnswerAttemptCount, Boolean& isApproved, DateTime& lastLoginDate, DateTime& lastActivityDate) +1121
   System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.CheckPassword(String username, String password, Boolean updateLastLoginActivityDate, Boolean failIfNotApproved, String& salt, Int32& passwordFormat) +105
   System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.CheckPassword(String username, String password, Boolean updateLastLoginActivityDate, Boolean failIfNotApproved) +42
   System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.ValidateUser(String username, String password) +83
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnAuthenticate(AuthenticateEventArgs e) +160
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.AttemptLogin() +105
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +163
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Also when I click the Events tab without logging in (since I'm not able to) I get the error below.  I'm from the UK and the host server is in the states. Any clues on how to fix this problem?

Thanks for any help,
Tony

Server Error in '/' Application.

String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.]
   System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles) +2271410
   System.DateTime.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider provider) +26
   System.Data.ConstNode..ctor(DataTable table, ValueType type, Object constant, Boolean fParseQuotes) +485
   System.Data.ExpressionParser.Parse() +1168
   System.Data.DataExpression..ctor(DataTable table, String expression, Type type) +123
   System.Data.DataView.set_RowFilter(String value) +176
   ControlSample.EventCalendar.CreateDataBoundChildren(DataView dv, Table table, DateTime todaysDate, DateTime visibleDate, Calendar threadCalendar) in EventCalendar.cs:256
   ControlSample.EventCalendar.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean dataBinding) in EventCalendar.cs:223
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) +59
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) +111
   System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +29
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +149
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +70
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls() +69
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1360

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

0
Tony
11/12/2005 1:27:14 PM
I ran into the same problem and this is how I solved it. When you upgrade from Beta2 to RC, you will need to
re-create the ASPNETDB on your SQL Server using the aspnet_regsql located in the ASP NET 2.0 Framework folder on your machine.

Read this post and follow the directions

http://forums.asp.net/1069584/ShowPost.aspx
0
mobis
11/13/2005 5:39:23 AM

Will this solve my datetime problem as well?

The error occurs on this line 256 in EventCalendar.cs:
dv.RowFilter = string.Format("{0}>= #{1}# AND {0} < #{2}#", this.DayField, d.ToString("dd/MM/yyyy"), d.AddDays(1).ToString("dd/MM/yyyy"));

My webconfig is set to:
<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" culture="en-GB" uiCulture="en-GB" />

Line 256 used to work under ASP.NET 2.0 Beta 2 to make clubsite display in UK dateformat but not with ASP.NET 2.0.
Is there something else I need to do to get the datetime working again?

Thanks,
Tony

0
Tony
11/13/2005 8:05:54 PM
Thanks Mobis,

Host wouldn't let me run aspnet_regsql.exe but did manage to fix it offline. When I ran this on my aspnetdb database then all worked fine.

I fixed the datetime problem too by forcing from UK date format to US date format by using .ToString("MM/dd/yyyy") before setting RowFilter.

Only problem I have is that users have to click logout twice before being able to logout of website. But that's just a very minor inconvenience.

Cheers,
Tony
0
Tony

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

web.config problems when upgrading from .NET 2.0 Beta to .NET 2.0 release version
We uninstalled .NET 2.0 Beta and replaced it with .NET 2.0 release version.  And it messed everything up.  All applications now give weird errors indicating the lack of web.config files, despite the fact that they already have web.config files in place.  For example, the following error occurs even though the web.config file has <customErrors="Off">: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit...

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

After upgrading from .net Beta 2.0 Release 2.0 to the newly released version site will no longer work.
This was working great until I upgraded. Security Exception Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file. Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. You need to give use ASPNET its privaledges back. In upgradin...

Clickonce deployment anyone (DW.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0)?
I saw someone had posted a question about this already, and there were no responses. So I am hoping that this will get some. We had problems with the previous version of DW.NET 1.5 + VS2003 when attempting to deploy applications via a web server. So many problems that we eventually decided to run off a network drive (which is OK if your user base doesn't roam around the country). Anyway, we gave up on DW.NET, and started to use the datagrid control. Since then, much has changed. Our development team now has VS2005 professional and may start using DW.NET 2.0 (pending my inv...

.NET v1.1 SP1 and .NET 2.0 beta 2
Hi all I want to install VWD and .NET 2.0 beta 2 on the same machine that I am using Delphi.NET and .NET v1.1 SP1. I am considering jumping from Delphi to C# and this is an ideal way to do it. I do however have too many web applications on the v1.1 framework that are published on servers that do not support 2.0 as yet. Can these 2 versions of the framework co-exist so I can carry on in Delphi with existing sites but start new ones in VWD? I did take the chance on one of my machines and both VWD and Delphi seem to compile their respective web apps okay. I have not tested deplo...

Hosting provider only supports .net 2.0 but I developed site in .net 3.5 with Visual Studios '08
I developed a simple site in VS '08 & it's not working on the www after uploading to my hosting provider.  I called technical support & they told me that they only support .net version 2.0 & that my site wasn't displaying b/c I had developed it with .net version 3.5. I understand that the newest versions are built on the previous...  But how do I develop this correctly so that it will work on the www? I don't need to worry about converting what I've already created.  It's just a test page displaying a picture so I can start from scrat...

Hosting provider only supports .net 2.0 but I developed site in .net 3.5 with Visual Studios '08
Is there a way to develop in .net 2.0? My hosting provider only supports .net version 2.0 & I'm using VS '08....  & is creating a site with .net 3.5? I have several .net versions installed, but how do I know, how can I use .net 2.0? Right click on the project, choose Properties and specify 2.0 as a target framework.Thanks------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. That was easy...  THANKS!  ...

Problems with VWD beta 2 after install of .net 2.0
Is anybody else having problems opening up VWD express beta 2 after you have installed the release edittion of the .NET Framework 2.0?? I cant seem to get it work any more!!! am I just going to have to wait now until the release version of VWD comes out?? or just go back to the beta 2 of the .net framework?? anybody know when microsoft is going to release VWD express 2005?? Hi,I saw this question asked more lately. My guess would be that you need the beta 2 framework together with the beta of the VWD tool. So until it's being released you can play around further with the beta 2 of the...

WSE 2.0 with .Net 2.0
Hi all,  I would like to know if i use WSE 2.0 along with .Net framework 2.0 to sign certificate will it work.(I know WSE 2.0 is not having VS 2005 development support and only the 2.0 framework supports it. I will be enabling WSE 2.0 in .net 1.1 and then run the application in framework 2.0) also if i enable this in the server and in teh client if i use Wse 2.0 with .Net 1.1  will there be any problem with the communication between the two.   Thanks in advance Dawn George Hi The newer libraries should be backwards compatible with 1.1.  But then again, there ...

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

Corporate Site Starter Kit with CMS for .NET 2.0
Kentico Software releases Corporate Site Starter Kit for ASP.NET 2.0. You can use it as a template for creating a fully editable corporate web site with news, product catalog, on-line forms, newsletter, forums, image gallery and a simple store. The web site and the administration interface are available with source code in both VB.NET and C#. You can download it at http://www.kentico.com/cmsstarterkit.aspx Great News. Can someone please clarify that is it " TOTALLY FREE" like Personal starterkit, Club Starterkit and CommerceStaerkit, will full soucecode available, and no hidden char...

Web resources about - Problem after host moved my site from ASP.NET 2.0 Beta 2 to an ASP.NET 2.0 server - asp.net.club-site-starter-kit

Malcolm Turnbull's first 100 days as Prime Minister: Successes and problems
December 23 marks 100 full days as Prime Minister for Malcolm Turnbull. How has he fared? Lisa Cox looks at his successes and the headaches. ...

'Deported' from Pakistan: Dean Jones says visa problem was 'my fault'
When the former Test batsman turned up at Islamabad airport at the weekend he didn't count on his arrival becoming an international incident. ...

China's Shenzhen ignored warnings of waste problem a year before landslide disaster
A government official warned a year ago that China's boomtown Shenzhen would run out of space to dump building waste. On Sunday his worst fears ...

Malcolm Turnbull's first 100 days as Prime Minister: Successes and problems
December 23 marks 100 full days as Prime Minister for Malcolm Turnbull. How has he fared? Lisa Cox looks at his successes and the headaches. ...

Malcolm Turnbull's first 100 days as Prime Minister: Successes and problems
December 23 marks 100 full days as Prime Minister for Malcolm Turnbull. How has he fared? Lisa Cox looks at his successes and the headaches. ...

"When there’s a problem, people need someone or something to blame. Among L.A. residents peeved with ...
... they’d take their garden-wrecking, loudly squawking, prolifically pooping selves and fly the coop...." Did you know L.A. has a peacock problem ...

Merkel-Enhanced Migration Problem: Million Refugees Hit Europe, 80% Through Greece by Boat; Turkish Mafia ...
... made their way to Europe this year. Every country is complaining now, even Germany. So why isn't anything concrete being done? Why the Problem ...

Maps Minutes Hack #7: No signal, no problem. Navigate your holiday travels with Google Maps offline
Part of our series on how to save time this holiday season with Google Maps. This time of year, millions take a road trip home for the holidays ...

Lawler: "Yes, Houston will have a problem next year"
Some thoughts on the Houston housing market from housing economist Tom Lawler: Earlier this week I sent out a message with a link to the Houston ...