installing starter kit club.vsi

hello, when I try to install club.vsi I get following message > Could not findany resources aproppriate for the specified culture or neutral culture. make sure MS.VSZip.EULACommentForm resources was correctly embedded or linked into assembly MS.VS.Zip att compile time or that all required satelites assemblies are loadable and fully signed. As being one who the express version is aimed at, I do really understand nothing. Any non/technical help
lasserik
0
lasserik
10/22/2006 7:50:34 PM
asp.net.club-site-starter-kit 1219 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Well, it lokks like I have to reply myself. I reinstalled windows XP to en-us, and then it was possible to install the starter kit. After that i changed language prefrences to what I usually use. Today i tried to install Small business starter kit and got the same problems like my forst message. Truing to change back to en-us doesn't help, like it didn't help for club starter kit. Is there anybody who has manged to install the latest packages of starter kits, not the old ones. Seems to me the developers forgot globalization, or what _
lasserik
0
lasserik

Differences between the Club Starter Kit, Club Starter Kit 2.0, and Extended Club Starter Kit
I'm a little confused as the the differences between these 3 starter kits, can someone point the differences out to me?Victor Corey I picked the first one, because I thought that it would be the easiest and least complicated to understand and work with.  I have the same question.  You posted this some time ago, I guess nobody knows.  I am only posting this so it will show up again, and maybe someone will address it.  Thanks. I don't know about the extended, but I worked with the Club Site Starter Kit for several days and got stuck when needing to actually get ...

Club Site Starter Kit Install
I downloaded the Club Site Starter Kit, now how do I get it to run.  I do not see an application file to run.  Am I missing something with the setup? You need to use VS2005 and open the club.vsi file.  You will also need to create the DB schema by using the ClubAdd.sql scripts that are provided. That is the bare minimum, do a little digging and you will see that it is not the a terrible three horned beast.  I got the club starter kit up and running on my own server within 15 minutes of downloading it. http://67.164.255.166:8029/default.aspx I have not made many cha...

Club Site Starter Kit installed OK, but failure using the Web Site Administration Tool
Hi, Looked like success after recreating the clubsite database (SQLEXPRESS) and copying to IIS.  I needed to create an admin user to further explore the sample and found that the Asp .Net Config tool 'Web Site Administartion Tool' fails on the security option with the following error. Unable to connect to SQL Server database. Has anyone encountered and resolved this. Thanks. If you installed the Starter Kit from the installer, I believe a User Instance of the database is created in the App_Data folder. When you publish the project to use IIS and an external...

Errors in Web.config when deploying Club Site Starter Kit on net
On my machine (localhost) i have no problem running it. But when i run it on my host i get this error:Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused...

Club site starter kit
I tried to upload the Club Site starter kit to myhosting. only half the site works the default page comes up with Application Error An error has occured in the application strangely enough, well strange to me but I'm new at this stuff, I can access four of the pages without incident and they function as they should. I would appreciate any insight someone out there could provide.  Thanks, Dravend  ...

invalidcastexception on My Club Site starter kit
When trying to add an event I get "invalidcastexception was unhandled by usercode" , "Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'." I have changed none of the code. Seems to be pointing to line # 130 of Events_List.aspx. I'm using this starter kit (MyClubSite) to help me learn and I've got a problem before I start. Please help Thanks in advance, "The Music Doc"    Check out the known bugs and errors. I know that when you check the box to provide a hyperlink instead of an article this type ...

Help with Club Site starter kit
Hi,I have downloaded and installed the club website starter kit for ASP.NET 2.0. I have VWD Beta2 along with SQL Express June CTP. When i try to add the users it shows me error that the file name is more than 128 chars.How to install the starter kit in a location other than the default chosen while installation. This seems to be "My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\..."Thanks,Niranjan The Club Site Starter Kit has its own forum. You should post your question there: http://forums.asp.net/1004/ShowForum.aspx-DanThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Deploying the Club Site Starter Kit
Since I have started working with the Club Site Starter Kit I have gathered much information...but I am missing a few pieces.1. Since ASP.NET Configuration is not available once the site is deployed to remote host (in most cases) is it true that developing locally and creating an administrator role and login locally and then backing up and restoring the database to the remote host will be enough to retain said administrator login and role?2. Are the databases for the Club Site and Extended Club Site the same? Schemas? etc.3. If I create a login and name it to administrator (locally) will thi...

Problem installing Club Starter Kit
I have just downloaded the Club Starter Kit (Club.vsi)  and when i try to install, i get an error saying "Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.WizardFramework,...." or one of its dependencies. The location assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference". I have previously installed Visual Studio Codename "Orcas" and uninstalled it and now i get this error when I try to install the club.vsi.  What am I missing? ThanksMark post(s) as "Answer" that helped youElectronic ScrewWebsite||Blog||Dub@i.net http://www.codeplex.com/DocProject/Thread/View....

Help installing Club Starter Kit
Hi, I have downloaded and installed the club website starter kit for ASP.NET 2.0. I have VWD Beta2 along with SQL Express June CTP. When i try to add the users it shows me error that the file name is more than 128 chars. The installation locaion by default is "C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual Web Developer". It seems that the VWD is not able to handle such a long file path while creating the .mdf file. How to install the starter kit in a location other than the default chosen while installation? Thanks, Niranjan...

Problem to install club starter KIT
Hi all, I have a question about the starter Kit in the installing step, because I’m very interesting to developer a CLUB WEB site, however when I try to install the KIT for it’s. I can’t to finish the installations kit to take from of the demo KIT guide the examples to star my site….. My first step was down loaded all necessary files: .-The Club Web Site Starter Kit .-The Generic Scripts for SQL Server 2000 & MSDE, and .-The Event Calendar Control And after that..!!!   I suppose that I will find a new template for a Club web site? But, when I run the Club.vsi , 653Kb,...

Club web site starter kit
When trying to install the club starter kit I get an error message:'Installation aborted because the item was a duplicate of an item already installed.'I have obviously already installed the starter kit but can't find it.How do I uninstall the starter kit?I am using vwd express beta 2. i'm not sure on this... but, maybe it has something to do with a previous version of Visual Studio?? are you already running VS on your machine? The same is happening to me.  I am using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta and I also have Visual Studio 2003 intalled in ...

Extended Club site Starter kit.
I have been looking at the rescource part of the site and the extended club site starter kit is selected to be developed. Any idea when the things chosen in the polls will be developed. I see that none of them has been released yet. I hope that it will be soon, otherwise I will have to do it myself ;) Just kidding. heheI would like that new stuff, eventhough I have some of it.Sune...

No theme on my club site starter kit
I used the latest extended starter kit beta version 1.1 and got it working. however, there is no theme at all. It is plain white. Is there a way I can change the theme.I tried earlier to this with 1.0 production version. but there were errors one after the other so gave up and went ahead with the latest beta version. How do I change the theme on the site and what is the user name and pwd for admin check your web.config; uncomment the page-sheet themes line. <pages styleSheetTheme="default" theme="default">...

Web resources about - installing starter kit club.vsi - asp.net.club-site-starter-kit

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper