Errors in Web.config when deploying Club Site Starter Kit on net

On my machine (localhost) i have no problem running it. But when i run it on my host i get this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 52:   <system.web>
Line 53: <trace enabled="true" />
Line 54: <roleManager enabled="true"/>
Line 55: <authentication mode="Forms"/>
Line 56: <compilation debug="true" strict="true">

Source File: c:\webs\talkactive\wno106791\dyrebeskyttelsenhordaland.org\funkforfaen\web.config    Line: 54

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (c:\webs\talkactive\wno106791\dyrebeskyttelsenhordaland.org\funkforfaen\web.config line 55)

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (c:\webs\talkactive\wno106791\dyrebeskyttelsenhordaland.org\funkforfaen\web.config line 63)

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (c:\webs\talkactive\wno106791\dyrebeskyttelsenhordaland.org\funkforfaen\web.config line 64)

function OnToggleTOCLevel1(level2ID) { var elemLevel2 = document.getElementById(level2ID); if (elemLevel2.style.display == 'none') { elemLevel2.style.display = ''; } else { elemLevel2.style.display = 'none'; } }
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Anyone else experienced this?

Please post this thread in the

Thanks!

0
Spanjis
2/16/2006 2:42:19 PM
asp.net.club-site-starter-kit 1219 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

If you uploaded  to a folder and not the root you need to set that folder as an application folder.  I have been with several hosting plans and they all are a little different on how to do this but if you can't figure it out I'm sure there customer service can help.

Support@aspsksolutions.com

0
MaineOne
2/16/2006 10:44:14 PM
Thanks MainOne, I'll try that :)
0
Spanjis
2/17/2006 7:41:30 AM
Did you get this to work btw? Setting it to an application folder?
0
filiflip

Differences between the Club Starter Kit, Club Starter Kit 2.0, and Extended Club Starter Kit
I'm a little confused as the the differences between these 3 starter kits, can someone point the differences out to me?Victor Corey I picked the first one, because I thought that it would be the easiest and least complicated to understand and work with.  I have the same question.  You posted this some time ago, I guess nobody knows.  I am only posting this so it will show up again, and maybe someone will address it.  Thanks. I don't know about the extended, but I worked with the Club Site Starter Kit for several days and got stuck when needing to actually get ...

Club Web Site Starter Kit (nullreferenceexception error in ImageFetch.ashx)
I'm getting an error at Line 49 in ImageFetch.ashx Line 48--------------------Dim d As Byte() = CType(command.ExecuteScalar(), Byte()) Line 49--------------------output.Write(d, 0, d.Length)Has anyone come across this problem? Did you ever figure this out?  I'm having the same issue. Thanks!   Check the pinned post for identified bugs and fixes.  I believe this was one. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Club Site Starter Kit installed OK, but failure using the Web Site Administration Tool
Hi, Looked like success after recreating the clubsite database (SQLEXPRESS) and copying to IIS.  I needed to create an admin user to further explore the sample and found that the Asp .Net Config tool 'Web Site Administartion Tool' fails on the security option with the following error. Unable to connect to SQL Server database. Has anyone encountered and resolved this. Thanks. If you installed the Starter Kit from the installer, I believe a User Instance of the database is created in the App_Data folder. When you publish the project to use IIS and an external...

Compliation errors after creating a website using the Club Web Site Starter kit
Error 1 C:\Club Web Site Starter Kit2\App_Code\DatePicker.vb(1): error BC30203: Identifier expected. / If you see the above error go into each one of the files under App_Code. In the imports section you will see that it is importing  .VisualBasic change this to Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic   After doing all the files it should compile without errors. same for me, i am realy surprised. Is that a feature from the compiler to reference a namespace? Or does nobody a test? Anyway with the replace function, this job is done in 10 seconds. ( replaced 7 entrys...

Starter kits
I am trying to convert the Club Web Site Starter kit (http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/starterkit/#personal) from SQL Server Express to SQL Server 2000.  I changed the databases connection string in web.config file and it initially works but sometimes the webpage tries to use SQl Server Express again. I am not sure why, any ideas?ThanksDan Reber...

Club web site starter kit
When trying to install the club starter kit I get an error message:'Installation aborted because the item was a duplicate of an item already installed.'I have obviously already installed the starter kit but can't find it.How do I uninstall the starter kit?I am using vwd express beta 2. i'm not sure on this... but, maybe it has something to do with a previous version of Visual Studio?? are you already running VS on your machine? The same is happening to me.  I am using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta and I also have Visual Studio 2003 intalled in ...

Deploying the Club Site Starter Kit
Since I have started working with the Club Site Starter Kit I have gathered much information...but I am missing a few pieces.1. Since ASP.NET Configuration is not available once the site is deployed to remote host (in most cases) is it true that developing locally and creating an administrator role and login locally and then backing up and restoring the database to the remote host will be enough to retain said administrator login and role?2. Are the databases for the Club Site and Extended Club Site the same? Schemas? etc.3. If I create a login and name it to administrator (locally) will thi...

Introduction to the Club Web Site Starter Kit
The Club Web Site Starter Kit enables you to easily create an application that helps present and manage any club or organization. The idea of the Club Web Site Starter Kit is to provide you with a framework that you can use to quickly organize a worthwhile Web site that is focused on a club of any type. This starter kit provides you with a series of pages that easily allow you to present the details of your club. Starting pages for this starter kit include a home page that lists a summary of your club's news and events, associated news and events pages, a place to publish photos, re...

Extending the Club Web Site Starter Kit
I'm play with asp work and just starting to learn dot net for my club site. I see others have issue with null in the event calendar too. i'm keeping a eye on who got the best fix. I think the calender is the main point of a club site .So it would be a plus, if someone knows how to step it up some.  Like recurring events.Well on to my problem this week. in the Extending the Club Web Site Starter Kit i came to a spot  in the code and dont know where to add it just got lost on how to added it to the button?."""" Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, _ ...

Extending the Club Web Site Starter Kit #2
Has anyone succsefully implemented the File Management System described here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479335.aspx ?   Yes, I implemented it plus cleaned it up some.  The version in the article is a good starting point and teaching tool, but it's a little light on error handling.  It didn't gracefully handle things like file names and comments that are too long or uploading a file with the same name twice.  Those problems were easy enough to fix.   How did you create an Admin name for the initial login. I have it running on my local mac...

Problem deploying Club site starter kit to MyHosting
I'm new to VWD and ASP.NET, I have been trying to upload the Club Site starter kit with limited success. When I browse to my site via the default.aspx I get a vague Application error. If however I enter through one of the static pages like links the site opens properly and functions between the static pages but spits out the error page for default, photos, etc. I would appreciate any insight into what I'm doing wrong. Thanks, Dravend Dravend- Not sure without seeing the error message but since the static pages seem to work ok, do you have the database(s) set up properly? -Mike Hi Drav...

Adding the forum onto the club web site starter kit
Hey I've decided to use the club web site starter kit and then just add the forum - rather than trying to get the codeplex website working.  This is for two reasons firstly I dont need all the stuff that the codeplex offers - i only want the club website and a forum and secondly I tried running the codeplex website and i get a list of errors that scare me.  And I found this - http://wonglepong.wgg.com/clubwebsite/Forum_Topics.aspx  It has a readme file thats fairly well written and easy to follow.  The only bit im stuck on is this - 9. Run the sql script against...

How to implement Club Web Site Starter kit into Visual Studio?
 Hi!I'm a beginner learning Visual Studio in my college. I've finally found the kind of event calendar to be used for my project. However, I'm not sure how to integrate this into Visual Studio so that when I run it (F5), I'm able to see the event calendar in the preview. Please guide me on this. I'm greatly appreciate your help, Thanks.  Thanks!The value of Achievement lies in the act of achieving. If you do not plan to use it whithin the Club Starter kit. 1. Place the DLL in the bin folder of the project. 2. run the club_add.sql on your database(this a...

Club site starter kit
I tried to upload the Club Site starter kit to myhosting. only half the site works the default page comes up with Application Error An error has occured in the application strangely enough, well strange to me but I'm new at this stuff, I can access four of the pages without incident and they function as they should. I would appreciate any insight someone out there could provide.  Thanks, Dravend  ...

Web resources about - Errors in Web.config when deploying Club Site Starter Kit on net - asp.net.club-site-starter-kit

Buzz Aldrin deploying the Solar Wind Collector - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Buzz Aldrin is deploying the Solar Wind Collector (SWC), a foil sheet which he is pointing at the Sun. Note the word 'Shade' printed on the bottom ...

Quick guide - Deploying Windows 10 IoT Preview to Raspberry Pi 2 - YouTube
Detailed description: Quick walkthrough on how to deploy and configure Windows 10 Internet of Things (IoT) Preview for a Raspberry Pi 2 device. ...

NATO 'totally' denies deploying troops near Russian border of Ukraine
NATO has denied Russian claims that it was planning to deploy massive numbers of troops near the country's border.

Tony Abbott Has Just Paid His First Visit To Iraq Since Deploying Troops To Fight Islamic State
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has paid his first visit to Baghdad and Iraq.

AusCERT 2013: Deploying BYOD in a government environment
Strong executive desire to use iPhones led the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities to start looking ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

Other nations to follow Australia's success in deploying troops to Iraq
Britain, Canada and the Netherlands are using Australia's process for getting troops into Iraq as a template to authorise their own deployments. ...

Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ...
ABC Online Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ... ABC Online Prime Minister Tony Abbott has ...

ISIS mission: Canada mulls deploying CF-18 jets to join U.S.-led strikes
The federal cabinet will meet next week to discuss deploying Canada's CF-18 fighter jets to join a U.S.-led campaign against the Islamic State ...