error: http://XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/ErrorPage.htm?aspxerrorpath=/Default.aspx

 I uploaded my web site with Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express/ web site/ copy web site?

Using the ftp button to upload. It uploaded every thing ok.

When I tried to access it online I get this error

http://XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/ErrorPage.htm?aspxerrorpath=/Default.aspx                                                                           the xxxxxxx represents IP address I use to test

One person said they change the connection string in the web.config page.

How do you change this???

<

connectionStrings>

<

add name="ClubsiteDB" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=true;AttachDBFileName=|DataDirectory|Club.mdf;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

</

connectionStrings>

<

system.web>

I am new to this, but getting it slowly.

0
lhr
2/22/2007 7:50:04 AM
asp.net.club-site-starter-kit 1219 articles. 0 followers. Follow

lhr,

This error is just a general error and could mean several things, check out this link to help you determine the exact error. http://communityserver.org/forums/thread/551505.aspx.  Your connection string looks fine to me provided that you kept the database in the App_Data folder.

JayMan
0
JayMan
2/22/2007 12:20:52 PM

I have this error: What the heck does this mean????

Message 1 Could not find schema information for the element 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0:configuration'. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Web Site\ClubWebSite1\web.config 2 2 C:\...\ClubWebSite1\

0
lhr
2/22/2007 11:05:08 PM

I got that error out. Now I get this error

Server Error in '/' Application.

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

0
lhr
2/22/2007 11:51:33 PM

Hi lhr

it sounds like your webserver is not configured correctly, is this site on a webserver that you have access to, or are you hosting with a third party?

JayMan
0
JayMan
2/23/2007 12:39:10 PM

Hi lhr,

This is an issue with the configuration of SQL Server on your webserver.  If this is your webserver, search books online for "enable remote connections".  If you are hosting third-party, contact your web hosting company and inform them of the error.

JayMan
0
JayMan
2/23/2007 1:03:18 PM
Sorry about the double post, I had a connection issue!
JayMan
0
JayMan
2/23/2007 1:05:07 PM

I thought I had this problem solved, but I kept getting this error. About 101 of them. Even when I do not change anything.

Message 1 Could not find schema information for the element 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0:configuration'. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Web Site\ClubWebSite1\web.config 2 2 C:\...\ClubWebSite1\

0
lhr

Errors in Web.config when deploying Club Site Starter Kit on net
On my machine (localhost) i have no problem running it. But when i run it on my host i get this error:Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused...

Differences between the Club Starter Kit, Club Starter Kit 2.0, and Extended Club Starter Kit
I'm a little confused as the the differences between these 3 starter kits, can someone point the differences out to me?Victor Corey I picked the first one, because I thought that it would be the easiest and least complicated to understand and work with.  I have the same question.  You posted this some time ago, I guess nobody knows.  I am only posting this so it will show up again, and maybe someone will address it.  Thanks. I don't know about the extended, but I worked with the Club Site Starter Kit for several days and got stuck when needing to actually get ...

Focus at the Loginname of default.aspx (Club Starter Kit)
Hi, Does anybody know how to put the focus at the Loginname when opening Default.aspx (VB)? Thanks, LexI use VB I'm not sure what the control name is for the login name but you can check out in the help files how to use the Page.SetFocus() method - Willwww.willyd.ca- WilliamPlease mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer".Give some of my PWSK modules a try. This one is solved in: Focus on Username of Logincontrol (part II) I only posted this message to describe my problem in a less complex way. Sorry for the mess, Lex I use VB...

Club Web Site Starter Kit (nullreferenceexception error in ImageFetch.ashx)
I'm getting an error at Line 49 in ImageFetch.ashx Line 48--------------------Dim d As Byte() = CType(command.ExecuteScalar(), Byte()) Line 49--------------------output.Write(d, 0, d.Length)Has anyone come across this problem? Did you ever figure this out?  I'm having the same issue. Thanks!   Check the pinned post for identified bugs and fixes.  I believe this was one. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Compliation errors after creating a website using the Club Web Site Starter kit
Error 1 C:\Club Web Site Starter Kit2\App_Code\DatePicker.vb(1): error BC30203: Identifier expected. / If you see the above error go into each one of the files under App_Code. In the imports section you will see that it is importing  .VisualBasic change this to Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic   After doing all the files it should compile without errors. same for me, i am realy surprised. Is that a feature from the compiler to reference a namespace? Or does nobody a test? Anyway with the replace function, this job is done in 10 seconds. ( replaced 7 entrys...

Trying to upload a Club Starter Kit Online to my GoDaddy site and I keep getting an error. Database and connection string related?
Ok, so I can get this Club Starter Kit to work well on my computer but when I try to get it online all hell breaks loose.  I tried looking this stuff up online and I think it is concerned with not having the database configured right. Is this right?  Any ideas?  I the errors: Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: ...

Club Starter Kit Error
I keep getting the following error, when I try to view any of the pages in the kit in a browser (I'm using Firefox). I tested with IE (6.x) and get the same error: Server Error in '/ClubStarterKit.Web' Application. Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the co...

Club site starter kit
I tried to upload the Club Site starter kit to myhosting. only half the site works the default page comes up with Application Error An error has occured in the application strangely enough, well strange to me but I'm new at this stuff, I can access four of the pages without incident and they function as they should. I would appreciate any insight someone out there could provide.  Thanks, Dravend  ...

Club Site Starter Kit installed OK, but failure using the Web Site Administration Tool
Hi, Looked like success after recreating the clubsite database (SQLEXPRESS) and copying to IIS.  I needed to create an admin user to further explore the sample and found that the Asp .Net Config tool 'Web Site Administartion Tool' fails on the security option with the following error. Unable to connect to SQL Server database. Has anyone encountered and resolved this. Thanks. If you installed the Starter Kit from the installer, I believe a User Instance of the database is created in the App_Data folder. When you publish the project to use IIS and an external...

Downloaded starter kit from msdn site work only in MSVWD. They show error in IIS! ( Attached Error message).
 Hi, Help, I am new to MSVWD 2005. I downloaded starter kit which works only fine in debugg. The same kit does not run in IIS 5.1. IIS 5.1 is perfect. It can run other html, ASP and ASPX files. Only these starter kits do not work.  Attached below the error message. This is my second post. Thanks for help in advance          ...............Jai Mallesh The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. A name was star...

error? http://localhost/Dotnetnuke/Default.aspx?tabid=36&error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+in
I tried to launch my DNN but I have more DNN, I have only this error message An error has occurred.  An error has occurred.  any ideas? Can you provide the hardware specifications on your computer/ Particularly the memory and the processor. Also indicate if you have SQL Express installed and if there were any hardware warnings during the install. I spent over 6 frustrating hours trying to install DotNetNuke on a laptop this weekend. I followed the directions exactly and reinstalled it at least 8 times. I always ended up with the error you described. I got home and on my desktop ...

Starter kits
I am trying to convert the Club Web Site Starter kit (http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/starterkit/#personal) from SQL Server Express to SQL Server 2000.  I changed the databases connection string in web.config file and it initially works but sometimes the webpage tries to use SQl Server Express again. I am not sure why, any ideas?ThanksDan Reber...

Help with Club Site starter kit
Hi,I have downloaded and installed the club website starter kit for ASP.NET 2.0. I have VWD Beta2 along with SQL Express June CTP. When i try to add the users it shows me error that the file name is more than 128 chars.How to install the starter kit in a location other than the default chosen while installation. This seems to be "My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\..."Thanks,Niranjan The Club Site Starter Kit has its own forum. You should post your question there: http://forums.asp.net/1004/ShowForum.aspx-DanThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Club web site starter kit
When trying to install the club starter kit I get an error message:'Installation aborted because the item was a duplicate of an item already installed.'I have obviously already installed the starter kit but can't find it.How do I uninstall the starter kit?I am using vwd express beta 2. i'm not sure on this... but, maybe it has something to do with a previous version of Visual Studio?? are you already running VS on your machine? The same is happening to me.  I am using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta and I also have Visual Studio 2003 intalled in ...

Web resources about - error: http://XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/ErrorPage.htm?aspxerrorpath=/Default.aspx - asp.net.club-site-starter-kit