Club Site Starter Kit Install

I downloaded the Club Site Starter Kit, now how do I get it to run.  I do not see an application file to run.  Am I missing something with the setup?

0
lwendt33
2/25/2006 12:26:05 AM
asp.net.club-site-starter-kit 1219 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You need to use VS2005 and open the club.vsi file.  You will also need to create the DB schema by using the ClubAdd.sql scripts that are provided.

That is the bare minimum, do a little digging and you will see that it is not the a terrible three horned beast.

 I got the club starter kit up and running on my own server within 15 minutes of downloading it.

http://67.164.255.166:8029/default.aspx

I have not made many changes yet but it is on it's way, I am sure there will be tons of bugs and irritating little tweaks but all in all it is up and running.

AngeloA
0
aabruzzese
2/25/2006 5:01:55 AM
Is that running on your local server?
0
scottrowe
3/2/2006 1:23:52 AM

Let me know when you ftp it two a shared account with the database intact so you can share it with the rest of us.

DKB

DKB
0
DKB
3/11/2006 11:52:52 PM

Yes that is running on my personal server here at home.  Not sure about opening up FTP on that box but I am open to sharing with others.

Let's all contribute something to the toolkit and see where we can take it.

AngeloA
0
aabruzzese
3/12/2006 6:56:20 AM

Hi people,

I am game for the idea for working together on this kit. Although I am more of a author than a programmer. But I can contribute to the design aspects of the kit. I have been tooling around with the css file I finally discovered how easy it is to change the visual design. I found out that if you open the css file you can work with it in tandem by using the build tool that opens when the css file is opened. You then can go in to the image folder and while the build tool is open you can check out the image that is selected. I have been having a thoughts of how to change the look and feel of this project and it has finally all come together. I'll take notice of the of this thread and report back soon. And I want to thank samsp for the links that he sent regarding the skins and theme reply I wrote.

DKB

DKB
0
DKB

Differences between the Club Starter Kit, Club Starter Kit 2.0, and Extended Club Starter Kit
I'm a little confused as the the differences between these 3 starter kits, can someone point the differences out to me?Victor Corey I picked the first one, because I thought that it would be the easiest and least complicated to understand and work with.  I have the same question.  You posted this some time ago, I guess nobody knows.  I am only posting this so it will show up again, and maybe someone will address it.  Thanks. I don't know about the extended, but I worked with the Club Site Starter Kit for several days and got stuck when needing to actually get ...

Club Site Starter Kit installed OK, but failure using the Web Site Administration Tool
Hi, Looked like success after recreating the clubsite database (SQLEXPRESS) and copying to IIS.  I needed to create an admin user to further explore the sample and found that the Asp .Net Config tool 'Web Site Administartion Tool' fails on the security option with the following error. Unable to connect to SQL Server database. Has anyone encountered and resolved this. Thanks. If you installed the Starter Kit from the installer, I believe a User Instance of the database is created in the App_Data folder. When you publish the project to use IIS and an external...

Club site starter kit
I tried to upload the Club Site starter kit to myhosting. only half the site works the default page comes up with Application Error An error has occured in the application strangely enough, well strange to me but I'm new at this stuff, I can access four of the pages without incident and they function as they should. I would appreciate any insight someone out there could provide.  Thanks, Dravend  ...

Errors in Web.config when deploying Club Site Starter Kit on net
On my machine (localhost) i have no problem running it. But when i run it on my host i get this error:Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused...

invalidcastexception on My Club Site starter kit
When trying to add an event I get "invalidcastexception was unhandled by usercode" , "Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'." I have changed none of the code. Seems to be pointing to line # 130 of Events_List.aspx. I'm using this starter kit (MyClubSite) to help me learn and I've got a problem before I start. Please help Thanks in advance, "The Music Doc"    Check out the known bugs and errors. I know that when you check the box to provide a hyperlink instead of an article this type ...

No theme on my club site starter kit
I used the latest extended starter kit beta version 1.1 and got it working. however, there is no theme at all. It is plain white. Is there a way I can change the theme.I tried earlier to this with 1.0 production version. but there were errors one after the other so gave up and went ahead with the latest beta version. How do I change the theme on the site and what is the user name and pwd for admin check your web.config; uncomment the page-sheet themes line. <pages styleSheetTheme="default" theme="default">...

Club Site Starter kit #2
Hello, I downloaded the Club Site starter kit, and trying to publish this. I am not very experienced about the web design. Can anybody send me the complete to do list. Because I am getting such type of error messages when I run the code. I am using the Sql Express Ed. (MSDE).   "Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'Integer' is not valid. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: ...

Club Site Starter Kit on CrystalTech
My experience installing the Club Site Starter Kit on CrystalTech.com I want to learn more about the new features of asp.net 2.0 and I thought what better way than to play around with one of the starter kits.  But getting the club SK setup and installed is not as easy as I would have liked.  Pushing through all the troubleshooting has taught me a few things.  I found the forums  on asp.net to be invaluable to me so I thought I would contribute. First I downloaded and installed Visual Web Developer 2005 Express and the Club Starter Kit.  I created a new pr...

Extended Club site Starter kit.
I have been looking at the rescource part of the site and the extended club site starter kit is selected to be developed. Any idea when the things chosen in the polls will be developed. I see that none of them has been released yet. I hope that it will be soon, otherwise I will have to do it myself ;) Just kidding. heheI would like that new stuff, eventhough I have some of it.Sune...

Help with Club Site starter kit
Hi,I have downloaded and installed the club website starter kit for ASP.NET 2.0. I have VWD Beta2 along with SQL Express June CTP. When i try to add the users it shows me error that the file name is more than 128 chars.How to install the starter kit in a location other than the default chosen while installation. This seems to be "My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\..."Thanks,Niranjan The Club Site Starter Kit has its own forum. You should post your question there: http://forums.asp.net/1004/ShowForum.aspx-DanThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Club web site starter kit
When trying to install the club starter kit I get an error message:'Installation aborted because the item was a duplicate of an item already installed.'I have obviously already installed the starter kit but can't find it.How do I uninstall the starter kit?I am using vwd express beta 2. i'm not sure on this... but, maybe it has something to do with a previous version of Visual Studio?? are you already running VS on your machine? The same is happening to me.  I am using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta and I also have Visual Studio 2003 intalled in ...

Starter kits
I am trying to convert the Club Web Site Starter kit (http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/starterkit/#personal) from SQL Server Express to SQL Server 2000.  I changed the databases connection string in web.config file and it initially works but sometimes the webpage tries to use SQl Server Express again. I am not sure why, any ideas?ThanksDan Reber...

Club Site Starter Kit Problems
  Hello, Can anyone help me?  I'm having several problems with the club site starter kit.   1)  I just loaded the kit and have done no modification to it.  When I load default.aspx I get 2 errors at the bottom from lines 79 and 96. "Element 'rolloverButton' is not a known element.  This can occur if there is a compilation error in the web site"    2)  When I upload the site to my dot.net 2.0 provider I get an error page:  I changed the <customError mode="off"/> and I still get this same error.  Any Ideas?     &nb...

Deploying the Club Site Starter Kit
Since I have started working with the Club Site Starter Kit I have gathered much information...but I am missing a few pieces.1. Since ASP.NET Configuration is not available once the site is deployed to remote host (in most cases) is it true that developing locally and creating an administrator role and login locally and then backing up and restoring the database to the remote host will be enough to retain said administrator login and role?2. Are the databases for the Club Site and Extended Club Site the same? Schemas? etc.3. If I create a login and name it to administrator (locally) will thi...

Web resources about - Club Site Starter Kit Install - asp.net.club-site-starter-kit

Starter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LinguPinguin Starter - Deutsch Chinesisch / 汉语 德语 for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod ...
Get LinguPinguin Starter - Deutsch Chinesisch / 汉语 德语 on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

All sizes - Fire-Starters - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Cobra JumPack™ Jump Starter / Power Pack - YouTube
What if you could jump start your car and charge your mobile devices off the same battery pack that easily fits in your backpack or purse? The ...

Canterbury Bulldogs halfback Trent Hodkinson declares himself a certain starter for Penrith Panthers ...
Canterbury halfback Trent Hodkinson is confident his injured knee will withstand any extra attention Penrith's big men throw at him having trained ...

School starters set up to fail the 2025 Asia literacy target
Asian language teaching in Australian schools has declined to the point where more year 12 students are studying Latin than Chinese.

Windows 8 is an enterprise 'non-starter' because IT sees no value in changes
Windows 8 faces a number of hurdles in the enterprise, but the biggest reason it won't replace the current corporate champion, Windows 7, is ...

Royal Tour: David Kang fired a starter’s pistol Prince Charles in 1994, now he’s a barrister - DailyTelegraph ...
PRINCE Charles will touch down in Sydney today, where the man who rushed a stage firing a starter’s pistol during his 1994 royal tour is now ...

The perfect party starters
... for the infectious energy and enthusiasm not to rub off on the crowd — and that’s why we think Close Counters will be the perfect party-starters ...

Slow starters can win - they just need a jolt from the coach
IT'S getting a bit weird. The Waratahs must learn to click in attack without a half-time lecture from coach Michael Cheika after three second-half ...