An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023899).

I got this when attempting to
an event in the calendar while running the site under IIS on Explorer.
Anyone else get this, or know a fix?

 Line 122: <Club:Locationpicker ID="LocationPicker1" runat="server" LocationID='<%# Bind("location")%>' />

starrjean
9/23/2005 5:11:05 PM
asp.net.club-site-starter-kit 1219 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Without more info I have to gues, but I would check Lockation_Picker
and see what data source (line 62 "ConnectionString") it point to.

0
Don
9/29/2005 5:00:59 PM
I have to fix this all the time. I kill aspnet_wp.exe and everything
works fine. I'm sick of doing it, so I'm searching the web for an
answer. I've been looking for the answer since I started using 2.0 but
no luck.

I'm not running the club site- but I've found this problem happens with every ASP 2.0 app.

-Will

0
theozco
10/6/2005 11:25:17 PM
I'm getting the same problem. I've noticed that if you rebuild the Location_Picker.ashx page, it'll fix itself for a while.
0
theurbandude
10/11/2005 1:38:13 AM
I found the folowing that may help.

(http://bernardstudios.com/archive/2005/09/19/2049.aspx)

An error occurred while trying to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888)

Today, I was deploying an update to one of our web applications which is located on the domain controller and received the error:

An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888)

Apparently, this is the result of Windows 2K Service pack 4.  The fix requires granting the “Impersonate a Client After Authentication” user right to the appropriate account on your machine.  For regular servers, the appropriate account is the ASP.NET account and for domain controls, it is the IWAM_<machine name>. account.

To fix the problem, follow these steps:

  1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Local Security Policy.
  2. Expand Local Policies, and then click User Rights Assignment.
  3. In the right pane, double-click Impersonate a client after authentication.
  4. In the Local Security Policy Setting dialog box, click Add.
  5. In the Select Users or Group dialog box, click the user account that you want to add, click Add, and then click OK.
  6. Click OK.

After making the changes, you should reboot the machine.  More information is provided at Microsoft KB “821546 Overview of the 'Impersonate a Client After Authentication'

0
cran2k

Help on Error message: "An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error "
Hi I have compiled my project in VS.NET (ASP.NET web application in C#) without any build errors. This was in the process of establishing a local setup using the files from the deployed server. Now after copying all the relevant files and compiling them, when I try to browse from IIS (inetmgr) with an appropriate start page (Login.aspx), I get the following error message: An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888). Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please revie...

An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888).
This is driving me nuts...  Has anyone seen the following error before?An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888). Usually, the error message will specify a control in a master page as the source of the error.  To resolve the problem, I will delete the reference of the control from the master page, hit reload, add the reference to the control back into the master page, and then refresh once more.  I believe this is related to the temporary ASP.NET folder.Anyone have any ideas on how to make this problem go away for ...

Trying to upload a Club Starter Kit Online to my GoDaddy site and I keep getting an error. Database and connection string related?
Ok, so I can get this Club Starter Kit to work well on my computer but when I try to get it online all hell breaks loose.  I tried looking this stuff up online and I think it is concerned with not having the database configured right. Is this right?  Any ideas?  I the errors: Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: ...

An error occurred while try to load the string resources
Hi All, I am using ASP.NET 2.0 and i have created one user control. and i have placed that user control in one page. but some time it gives below error. if any one have any work around that please let me know. RiyaZ.     Server Error in '/Altiris.NS.InventorySolution.Windows.UI' Application. An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147024893). Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it o...

Trying to load the Job site starter kit to a webserver, but keep getting errors, and page doesn't load.
Hi! I'm trying to load a couple of the starter kits provided by vwd, but the only site I can get to load is my main site.  The templates I'm speaking of are being loaded in a sub folder which I thought was the problem but last night I loaded it in a subfolded named "Testing" and it worked fine, but when I erased everything to put it back today, I can't get it to load.  I'm getting the same error that most are getting when their page doesn't load on the live machine.  I've changed my web.config back and forth, but still doesn't fix the pro...

Errors in Web.config when deploying Club Site Starter Kit on net
On my machine (localhost) i have no problem running it. But when i run it on my host i get this error:Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused...

an error has occurred while trying to add the resource. error 6
Hi, Trying to upload a new printer driver to the RMS but keep receiving the error message...an error has occurred while trying to add the resource, error code 6. Followed TID10096754, but to no avail. Anyone seen this before? cheers, Steve. This is more than likely a problem with apache where it terminates connections after 15 seconds. We are shipping a new client here shortly that will work around this, or you can tweek Apache config files to make the timeout longer if you need a fast fix for this. > Hi, > > Trying to upload a new printer driver to the R...

errors errors errors..

error error error

Error, Error and more errors

Downloaded starter kit from msdn site work only in MSVWD. They show error in IIS! ( Attached Error message).
 Hi, Help, I am new to MSVWD 2005. I downloaded starter kit which works only fine in debugg. The same kit does not run in IIS 5.1. IIS 5.1 is perfect. It can run other html, ASP and ASPX files. Only these starter kits do not work.  Attached below the error message. This is my second post. Thanks for help in advance          ...............Jai Mallesh The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. A name was star...

Error trying to create a new user. "An error occurred. Please contact the site administrator."
Finally got the thing to work. However, when trying to add a new user, after successfully filling out all fields including acceptable password, I get the following message: An error occurred. Please contact the site administrator. What to do? Fixed this by changing the default database to ASPNETDB and copying the table from Classifieds there. Also had to give the default account full permissions on everything....

Club Web Site Starter Kit (nullreferenceexception error in ImageFetch.ashx)
I'm getting an error at Line 49 in ImageFetch.ashx Line 48--------------------Dim d As Byte() = CType(command.ExecuteScalar(), Byte()) Line 49--------------------output.Write(d, 0, d.Length)Has anyone come across this problem? Did you ever figure this out?  I'm having the same issue. Thanks!   Check the pinned post for identified bugs and fixes.  I believe this was one. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

anyone seen this error before when try to get the club starter kit up and running?
I've checked that both tables exist in the sql server..help is much appreciated.    Server Error in '/ClubWebSite1' Application. Invalid object name 'dbo.Events'.Invalid object name 'dbo.Locations'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'dbo.Events'.Invalid object name 'dbo.Locations'.Source Error:...

An error has occurred.
With the config using Access, I can pull up the portal and everything is fine. Once I attempt to login as administator, I authenticate successfully and am in the context of the default Administator account, I not get the "An error has occurred. - Error loading module" message in the center portion of the content area. The other areas ( header, footer, etc) are visible. If I attempt to launch anything from the Admin tab, I get the same message. If I switch the WebConfig to point to SQL Server, it works fine. Can someone please tell me what would be causing this? Thanks in advanc...

Web resources about - An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023899). - asp.net.club-site-starter-kit

Hooking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer programming , the term hooking covers a range of techniques used to alter or augment the behavior of an operating system , of applications ...

APIHijack - A Library for easy DLL function hooking. - CodeProject
This library allows you to replace functions in other DLLs with functions from your own DLL.; Author: Wade Brainerd; Updated: 16 Sep 2000; Section: ...

DisableThreadLibraryCalls function (Windows)
... DLL module for which the DLL_THREAD_ATTACH and DLL_THREAD_DETACH notifications are to be disabled. The LoadLibrary , LoadLibraryEx , or GetModuleHandle ...

NProtect Anti-Virus Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
NProtect Anti-Virus Privilege Escalation Vulnerability

MinGW-w64 - for 32 and 64 bit Windows / Code / [r6638] /trunk/mingw-w64-libraries/winstorecompat/src
Error: CSS did not load. This may happen on the first request due to CSS mimetype issues. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing. SourceForge ...

GetProcAddress function (Windows)
A handle to the DLL module that contains the function or variable. The LoadLibrary , LoadLibraryEx , LoadPackagedLibrary , or GetModuleHandle ...

GetModuleHandle function (Windows)
The name of the loaded module (either a .dll or .exe file). If the file name extension is omitted, the default library extension .dll is appended. ...

FreeLibraryAndExitThread function (Windows)
United States (English) Sign in Home Library Learn Samples Downloads Support Community Forums MSDN Library Windows Desktop App Development Develop ...

GetModuleHandleEx function (Windows)
The reference count for the module is not incremented. This option is equivalent to the behavior of GetModuleHandle . Do not pass the retrieved ...