window.open to open very small window

Hi,

 in Loggedoutmsg.aspx i am just writing- "YOU HAVE LOGGED OUT"

newwin=window.open('Loggedoutmsg.aspx','Congrats',"location=0,status=0,scrollbars=0,width=300,height=1");

 I want to open window just to show this line.

But the window which gets opened by above code has hight more than necessary. Even when i specified height=1,

its size not decreasing to show just one line .

How can i do this?

Please Mark the post as "ANSWER" if it helps you
0
closeguy2005

Answered here: http://forums.asp.net/t/1308177.aspx

NC...

0
NC01
8/20/2008 3:35:59 PM

Heres something from MSDN for .open() method.

height = number : Internet Explorer 7. Sets the height of the window in pixels. The minimum value is 150, and specifies the minimum height of the browser content area. Prior to Internet Explorer 7 the minimum height value is 100.

Thanks,
Max
Let Me Google That For You!
0
bullpit
8/20/2008 3:39:24 PM

NC01:

Answered here: http://forums.asp.net/t/1308177.aspx

NC...

seems like you have not got my question clearly..

kindly check it.. I can open window, but not able to specify its size JUST TO SHOW 1 LINE

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANSWER WITHOUT READING COMPLETE QUESTION

Please Mark the post as "ANSWER" if it helps you
0
closeguy2005
8/20/2008 3:53:15 PM

closeguy2005:

NC01:

Answered here: http://forums.asp.net/t/1308177.aspx

NC...

seems like you have not got my question clearly..

kindly check it.. I can open window, but not able to specify its size JUST TO SHOW 1 LINE

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANSWER WITHOUT READING COMPLETE QUESTION

Well you can't. Maybe if you used Google for things like this like I told you in the other post, you wouldn't have to ask simple questions like this.

NC...

0
NC01
8/20/2008 5:05:01 PM

NC01:

Well you can't. Maybe if you used Google for things like this like I told you in the other post, you wouldn't have to ask simple questions like this.

NC...

Your link on my other post does specify how to increase/decrease height by specifying parameters , but my problem is NOT THAT

My problem is , I just want to show single line. Only that much window should open. What height should i specify

Its better if you read my first post...and try to UNDERSTAND question...

Please Mark the post as "ANSWER" if it helps you
0
closeguy2005
8/20/2008 6:08:30 PM

closeguy2005:

Your link on my other post does specify how to increase/decrease height by specifying parameters , but my problem is NOT THAT

My problem is , I just want to show single line. Only that much window should open. What height should i specify

Its better if you read my first post...and try to UNDERSTAND question...

Did you figure out why you can't do that? If no, then please read my previous post. The minimum height by default is 100px or 150px (depending on the browser). You cannot go below that.

bullpit:

Heres something from MSDN for .open() method.

height = number : Internet Explorer 7. Sets the height of the window in pixels. The minimum value is 150, and specifies the minimum height of the browser content area. Prior to Internet Explorer 7 the minimum height value is 100.

Thanks,
Max
Let Me Google That For You!
0
bullpit
8/20/2008 6:15:19 PM

bullpit:

Did you figure out why you can't do that? If no, then please read my previous post. The minimum height by default is 100px or 150px (depending on the browser). You cannot go below that.

bullpit:

Heres something from MSDN for .open() method.

height = number : Internet Explorer 7. Sets the height of the window in pixels. The minimum value is 150, and specifies the minimum height of the browser content area. Prior to Internet Explorer 7 the minimum height value is 100.

yes...but i thought that is just applicable to IE 7...but now when i tested, minimum height cannot go below 1. ( applicable in all browsers)

Ok, so those who want to achieve this effect , can at the most , do following thing.

keep same space ( say 1 line) to above and below the line which you want to show in pop up....

I wonder though why MS has not provided this facility...

anyways..thanks to you all for participating..