Web User Control +Client Side Control

Two Questions if Possible:

 1: Some controls have methods/properties that can be gotten/set client-side (IE ASP:Timer).  Can usally access them by "$find('<%=Control.ClientID%>').get_(set_)name()".  I made a User Control that has a "Enabled" Propertiy (basically sets a bunch of its components to "visible = false" and then a Timer.Enabled=false).  I can't access my user controls "enabled" via client side script (IE $find(UserControl.ClientID).set_enabled(false)).  How do I bundle this type of functinoality with my User Control?

 2: Is there a place on the internet (IE MSDN) that I can see what methods and properties are avaliable, client-side, for built in ASP.NET controls (like Timer)?

 Thanks

NB

Edit: For Q2: Or a way to find out programically (IE "var Timer = $find('<%=TimerControl.ClientID%>');" then be able to interate through "Timer" so I can see what methods/properties are avalaible (Intellisence for "Timer." only give the generic methods/properties avaliable to the ($find), I can't seem to convert/cast it so I can see what methods are avaliable speifically to the Timer object).

0
NvrBst

What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ?
What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ? and diff server -side coding and client -side coding ? please help I have answered the first part of your question in your previous posting. Server-side coding languages are ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI (Perl) and many, many more. They are used to create dynamic web content (based on additional information that is attached to the request) and are often used to extract information from databases. Client-side coding languages are JavaScript, VBScript, EMACScript and are used to create dynamic content that responds to the u...

Combining a server-side control with a client-side control!

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

Is there a correspondance for each server side control to be equivalent to a client side html control
Where can find the list and can use that equivalence and what is its usage plsThanksThanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. What exactly do you mean? A correspondence of what?All controls have a ClientID property, which for most controls tells the DOM element ID that will be used in the HTML rendering. Aside from that certain controls might offer additional client-side functionality, but there's no one standard.Thanks,EilonBlog: http://weblogs.asp.net/LeftSlipper/ I mean. When I am using html control in my aspx page like:  <input type=text ..>  and...

Client Side Validations in Web User Control
Hello everyone, I was wondering if it is possible to do client side validation in User Control. I don't want to use any Validation Controls of ASP.NET, I would like to write the logic in plain Javascript. For Example: I have several Textbox controls that are set to run at server side, i want to write validation on one of the textbox control's "onblur" event after validating/comparing the value entered with other controls. I would appreciate your help in resolving this. Thanks in advance.       I haven't checked, but Client Side Web Development would be a better plac...

How to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts
Folks,I have problem try to to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts. Please give me helps.     The error is as follows Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.Source Error: Line 79: { Line 80: Control c = Page.FindControl("ddlTC" + i); Line 81: ((DropDownList)c).DataSource = mdt; Line 82: ((DropDownList)c).DataTextField = "ClassID"; Line 83: ((DropDownList)c).DataValueField = "Course"; My aspx page source codes: ...<...

How to set web user control property from client side ?
Hi,I've created a web user control and it has some property. public partial class MyControl: System.Web.UI.UserControl { string _PropertyA; public string PropertyA { get { return _PropertyA; } set { _PropertyA= value; } } }  Is there a way to set this property from client side,  similar to the way i do it on server side (e.g MyControl.PropertyA =...)?Thanks,Tok Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you Hi this is a solution, but not the nicest one :  ...

how can i add client side javascript to a web user control?
i want to create a simple calculator so i have tried to create web user control "hesapmak.ascx" and insert hesapmak.ascx but it is not working i can't find solution? help me?    hesapmak.ascx <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="hesapmak.ascx.cs" Inherits="hesapmak" %><asp:WebPartManager ID="WebPartManager1" runat="server"> </asp:WebPartManager> <asp:WebPartZone ID="WebPartZone1" runat="server" Width="184px" BackColor="SandyB...

Can we access controls within user controls on the client side without using ctl0_ControlsName
When we create controls within our user controls, the way we can access those controls in client side is i guess:getElementByID('the client id')but the server chnages the names of those controls to:  clt0_Controlsname, so i always have to use add ctl0 when I want to access to my controls of the user control on the client side.is there a solution to this or that s just the way it isthank you Thanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. Hello tutus,this is maybe the most frequent question in this forum, did you notice?This problems is related to all server co...

Java script cannot differentiate client side controls in user control used multiple on same webform
I have a textbox with a automcomplete extender and a client side link that, when clicked, changes style.display from "none" to "" to display a div that contains a listview with all possible choices for the text box.  I am using javascript to change the div style.display when the link is clicked.  When I have two instances of the usercontrol on the same webform, both links display the div on the first control.  How can the client side javascript tell the difference between the two divs? Try putting the javascript of the user c...

Client side
On button click even on a page, I want to set a value to the user control property i.e. on the post back the value should be reflected on the user control. The issue is Page_Load event of user control will fire first and then the button click event on the page. I am trying to set it using JavaScript or client side....how can I achiveve this   ASP.NET 2.0/C#   Hi, Better use Javascript otherwise if you need something more complex that could be accomplished only on server side you can : make 2 postbacks ( ugly thing) Use a specific parameter in query string, fin...

Client side user control
Hi All I have developed a client side server control that requires the framework 1.0 installed on the client PC. I there a method to check if the user has this framework installed so I can disable the control and display a warning message. i believe you can use httprequest.useragent, which outputs sth like this: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322). ---Timothy Thanks this is what Im after....

Server-side versus Client-side controls?
Hi, I'm new to ASP.NET, and I was wondering how negligible the performance impact of using server-side controls over client-side controls is? Should I avoid using server-side controls and use client-side ones whereever I can? Or should I not care? From apurely aesthetic point-of-view, it would be nice to use mostly all server-side controls to keep everything consistent. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks. There are up's and down's of both server-side and client side controls.  Read this article and you will have a better understanding on which is better.http://www.eggh...

Web resources about - Web User Control +Client Side Control - asp.net.client-side

TERROR IN JAKARTA: 'Situation under control' after explosions, gunfire erupt in Indonesian capital
At least six people are dead, including three police officers, after several explosions at the Sarinah shopping mall in an apparent multi-site ...

Backburn approved in bid to control bushfire before blaze hit Wye River - HeraldSun Search Search
A BACKBURN was approved to try to control a bushfire in the days before it tore through more than 100 homes in Wye River on Christmas Day.

DFES downgrades bushfire in Dunsborough as it is contained, but not under control
A BUSHFIRE south of Dunsborough has been contained but is not yet under control.

WA fires: threatening Jindalee blaze brought under control
A fire that was at one stage a threat to lives on homes in Jindalee on Thursday has been brought under control.

Publicis Said to Weigh Bid for Control of Cheil Worldwide
Publicis Groupe is weighing a bid for a controlling stake in Cheil Worldwide, people with knowledge of the matter said. The French company is ...

Playing around with BMW’s 7 Series gesture control user interface
We take a BMW 7 Series for a short drive to play with its gesture control. Video shot/edited by Jennifer Hahn. (video link) LAS VEGAS—Yesterday, ...

BMW recalls i8 for stability control problem
... , BMW , Safety , Coupe , Hybrid , Performance BMW will recall a small number of 2015 i8s because of a problem with the dynamic stability control ...

Embracing the NRA on gun control
I’m just stealing a massive post from Stonekettle Station on a plausible path forward towards sanity on guns: Those laws should be designed ...

Apple has landed a very rare sponsorship deal to ensure it has control of the hottest ticket in San Francisco ...
Apple has signed up for the first time to become a sponsor of the Super Bowl Host Committee, Daniel Roberts at Yahoo Finance reported. It's ...