Web Based Windows Application

Hi,

Our application is not purely web based application developed in C#.net. It's a web based windows application. We normally load Windows User control on a web page. Since this is a web application once the package of our application is installed it gets installed in DefaultWebsite in IIS directory. All the assemblies refered by this application remains in the Application Virtual Directory itself. The application works fine while accessing the URL. But in client machine we use a Internet Explorer add on tool named Fiddler in order to monitor the network traffic. The actual problem arises only here. When we monitor all the http request sent from this application to a web server it reproduces a ton of 404 errors. We have analysed and found that the CLR is looking for assemblies in wwwroot first and then only it starts probing into the Applicatrions Base Virtual directory and Sub directory. Since we do not have any assemblies related to the application in wwwroot, the fiddler starts throwing a huge number of 404 errors. We just wanted the CLR to look for the assemblies in Application's Virtual directory path and not the wwwroot. We have also tried adding probing and codeBase tags in web.config file of the application. But it still throws error. Kindly provide us with a solution to this.

 Regards,

Vels

0
frexvels

for this Please go with VWG (Visual web GUI ) www.visualwebgui.com/

We Are Looking for .NET/PHP Projects

Contact Details :-

 Email - sameer.khanjit@gmail.com

 Mobile no. : +91-9893795983

 View Blog

linkedin Asp.net Group

Don't forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you
0
sameer_khanjit
6/11/2008 6:20:16 AM

Sameer,

Thanks for your update. Our application is .net 2003 application and we need some solution in point of .net 2003 itself. Kindly update us once you find some information

0
frexvels
6/11/2008 9:34:31 AM

Frexve;s.

Tell how may i help you.

Joggee
http://blog.joggee.com

0
DBMaster
6/11/2008 10:25:47 AM

Check what path is mentioned in Local Path where directory has a source of project.

 You can also do one thing. Copy the complete project paste in wwwroot and then change the Local path in a IIS and see how it works.

If it has the same problem then tell me which IIS version you are using and Did you create a SITE or Virtual Directory.

Joggee
http://blog.joggee.com

0
DBMaster

How do I have a web based Client Side Application in .net?
 Is there any way to do this in .net?  Have a Client Side Web Based Client Side application.  similar to Page Designers in VB6? Is it possible?  ORLets say your app was server side but the client lost network connection somehow how would you take the data in the form and resend it when the server came back?   Rico Rodriguez Doesn't really work like that. Most web applications are stateless, but with ASP.NET you can do things to help with that. If someone wanted to run ASP.NET on their client, they'd have to have IIS installed - something most u...

How to call a windows based application through a web based application
 Hi All, I am using a web based application in which i need a particular windows based application at a given time when the user wants it. But i am not able to link them. Plz give any solution Ok this will be a good game for you. Go to the local computer whose windows application is to be accessed. Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Component Services, browse to Component Services->My COmputer ->DCOM Config -> Here select your application..right click it..select properties...click security tab...access permission...customize...edit....in access permission ...

Client Side Web based Applications
I've already installed the Framework on the server. The IIS was already installed in this server. My question is: Is it necessary that the framework be installed on the client side to run .NET web-based applications? Thanks nope..asp.net spits out html pages so the client need not have any framework installed on his machine..if he wants to RUN aspx pages only then he would need framework installed.. hth***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** No, if you only create ASP.NET websites all the client needs is a browser. If you want to ru...

Get a Variable from a Web Service / Reference Client Side Windows Application
I have a Personnel Roster Management Application that I developed in ASP.Net. I would like to use a Windows Application (Personnel.exe) written in C# Visual Studios .Net as the user interface for editing and updating the personnel data as it is much nicer than the web version. The unique Identifier in the Personnel Table is “sernum” (Serial Number). When the user views a personnel record in the web application and clicks on the Update link on the web page – the Personnel.exe program would open with the correct employee information being displayed. If I store the Personnel.exe application on ...

open windows client application from web client
Hello, How can i open a windows client from my web client application? I read about this a long time ago. Can someone please provide me with documentation and examples to learn from.   Regards, There are two ways: 1) use an ActiveX control. The user has to agree to install it. With an ActiveX control,  you can do almost anything. 2) for well-known file extensions such as xls and doc, you can just put a link to the file. When the user clicks on the link, the application will open. The application (Excel, Word, etc.) needs to be installed on the user's computer for this to...

Rendering time diffrence on Local and Client machine(over RDC) for .NET based Web Application
Hi All, I am having a .NET based Web Application. I am tracking total time between request and response using "Fiddler" tool. For the same page on local machine page takes 4sec to load (2 sec on server , 1 sec for some js n css file and 1 sec for rendering) but when same is opened on client machine by doing RDC(Remote Desktop Connection) page take 12 sec to load ( 2sec on server , 1 sec for js n css , then their is a gap of 7-8 sec showing nothing on screen but "Done" appear in browser botton pane). I am worried about that 7-8 Sec gap which Fiddler Shows doing nothing a...

Calling client side windows application from an IE window
Hi, I am working on an ASP.NET website. In this website, there is a link on a web page. On the click of that link, we need to fire an event (along with some parameters) of a windows application which is running on the client's machine. Can anyone help me on how to do this. Thanks in advance. Any Suggestions???   Thanks. There is no way that a web page has access to the client's machine short of using an ActiveX object, which will only work on Internet Explorer and would have to be installed on the client's computer with the proper permissions to be allowe...

Converting Client/Server Application to Web-based Application
Can anyone please tell me where can I find a document explaining as to how to convert an existing client/server PowerBuilder application to Web-based EAServer Application? ...

How to extract xml file from window application to web application in .net
hi..i have two software solutions both in .net one is desktop and another is web application.And i want to transfer data between these application using xml. In desktop solution i have created a xml schema and create a xml document that conforms to that schema.XML doucment is created which contains the data.Now i have to extract this xml document into my web application and store the data of this xml file into my database and vice versa. So tell me what are the different methods to get the document from desktop to web and from web to desktop.Actaully i am not much aware of this type i...

Converting Client/Server Application to Web-based Application #2
Can anyone please tell me where can I find a document explaining as to how to convert an existing client/server PowerBuilder application to Web-based EAServer Application? Not exactly something that can be relayed in cookbook fashion, but for a start, try: http://branick-inc.com/papers/moving_pb_to_the_web_tech.pdf <nm> wrote in message news:EB1A258374FFF23C007685AF85256BEA.007685BE85256BEA@webforums... > Can anyone please tell me where can I find a document explaining as to how > to convert an existing client/server PowerBuilder application to Web-based > EASer...

How i call windows application in web application without using dll of windows application
i want to call Windows application in web Application Without using dll of Windows application in ASP.net 2.0  hi!try this: ProcessStartInfo pi = new ProcessStartInfo("app.exe"); pi.CreateNoWindow = true;  Process p = Process.Start(pi); p.WaitForExit(); if (p.ExitCode != 0){//report error } orzeh  code less, think more!...

Windows and Web-based Applications
What are the advantages & disadvantages of Windows and Web-based applications? Which one of the two should be preferred to develop internet applications? First of all, you're talking about two distinctly different things Windows forms - desktop apps (the kind you normally install on your computer and run from there Web Forms - you create web pages/apps to be viewed through a browser. -- Internet Applications.... Also - take a look at this MSDN article I found today: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/mdiappsmenus.aspDavid Wier...

Web resources about - Web Based Windows Application - asp.net.client-side

New solution helps enterprises manage web applications
The shift towards the cloud means that running applications is now often done in a browser. While this is convenient for the end user it can ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

Digitimes Research: Global application processor market to rise 8.5% in 2016
The global market for application processors (AP) will rise 8.54% in 2016, according to Digitimes Research. Growth of demand for applications ...

A new edition of CRISPR promises to make gene therapy ready for human applications
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard and the McGovern Institute for Brain Research have developed a way to significantly cut down on “off-target” ...