Validations not working in Netscape 7.x but they are working in IE 6.x

Validations not working in Netscape 7.x but they are working in IE 6.x

Best Regards,

Vivek Singh
0
Vivek

do you mean the ASP.NET validation controls client side functions? Because only IE 5+ are considered an uplevel browser the client side validation will work. Other browsers are considered downlevel (this can be adjusted in the machine.config btw) so the webuivalidation.js doesn't get submitted to the client. Validation will allways occur though but only on the server side. Besides that I also believe that other browsers aren't capable of understanding the jscript that gets shipped with the ASP.NET validation controls. JScript is a typical dialect of the javascript standard by Microsoft.
Grz, Kris.

XIII
1/5/2005 12:21:50 PM
Please see my answer to your identical post here: http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=790035.
--- Peter Blum
Creator of Peter's Data Entry Suite (formerly Professional Validation And More and Peter's Date Package) and Peter's Polling Package
www.PeterBlum.com
0
PLBlum

Validations not working in Netscape 7.x but they are working in IE 6.0
Validations not working in Netscape 7.x but they are working in IE 6.0 Best Regards, Vivek Singh What exacting do you mean by not working? Do you mean that the input is not being validated? Make sure that you have then enabled. If you are using VS, then right click on your project go to properties Common Properties Designer Defaults and make sure that the drop down list says at least IE 5.0. If you mean that the validation is causing a postback, then this is what is meant to happen. This is because of the javascript that ASP.NET passes to validate the input.Intel...

looking for Netscape 4.x (or 6.x or 7.x) Client Customization Kit
does anyone know where I can still download NS 4.x Client Customization Kit (or 6.x or 7.x) ? Was there one for Internet Explorer ? -- Woodzy http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics) http://rtdos.com/debate (charged political discussion) http://rtdos.com/forum (rtdos message boards) http://rtdos.com/rtdos (rtdos active developer chat) http://rtdos.com/chat Chats scheduled every Thursday @ 7PM MDT (0100 GMT) and every Sunday @ 1PM MDT (1900 GMT) "*ProteanThread*" <sysop at village council dot net> wrote: >does anyo...

Using css for buttons does not work in FireFox works OK in IE 6,x
Hi, I have the following code that works OK in IE but not in FF. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks <!DOCTYPE html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Test buttons</TITLE> <STYLE> #button { BORDER-RIGHT: #000 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; BORDER-TOP: #000 1px solid; MARGIN-TOP: 2em; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 2em; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; BORDER-LEFT: #000 1px solid; COLOR: #333; PADDING-TOP: 2px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #000 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: 'Ver...

Linux 6.x 7.x client to 5.5.x server
Is it possible for a Linux 6.x or 7.x client to connect to a server (NT in this case) running SQLAnywhere 5.5.x ? Thanks in advance, Jeff Generally, no; however, you can use OpenClient (ASE's dblib) or JConnect (if you're using Java) to communicate with an Open Server Gateway (dbos50.exe that comes with ASA5.x for NT) as a front-end to ASA 5.5. -john. Jeff Patterson wrote: > Is it possible for a Linux 6.x or 7.x client to connect to a server (NT in > this case) running SQLAnywhere 5.5.x ? > > Thanks in advance, > > Jeff Thanks John. ...

Div control height does not work in IE 6 but works in IE 7?
I am using a Div control to expand and contract the height to show more fields in a FormView. It works in IE 7 but in IE 6 does not work? Any ideas? When the ASP.NET 2.0 WebForm opens up in IE 6 the hight is disregarded but in IE 7 it shows correctly. Then I have a button in the FormView that changes the height with same results, works in IE 7 but not IE 6.  <div id="divInsert" style="width: 100px; height: 270px">  ... FormView inside there</div> Protected Sub btnPanelInsert_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)  If ...

Groupwsie client 7; 7.01; 7.02 not working on OS X Tiger (intel)
Hi All, I've seen a few threads on here about issues running the GW client on Apple Macintosh machines, although these threads were posted over a year ago, I am assuming that there is a client that now works on OS X 10.4! I have tried GW client for Mac 7.00; 7.01; 7.02 but none work. I keep getting a Java exception. My OS X box has Java version 5 installed. And I've tried the downloads from this link http://download.novell.com/protected/Summary.jsp?buildid=lVxeIgQeHrM~ but no joy, same java exception error. Anyone got any tips, suggestions? TIA Daniel Da...

Runtime tooltip of dropdownlist is not working in ie 6 while working fine in ie 7.
Hi,  I am setting tooltip of my dropdown list and its items using javascript at runtime while filling dropdownlist at runtime. --My function of javascript..  Filldropdownlist(text,value) { for(var i=0; i<obj.length; i++) { ddl.options[i] = new Option(text,value); ddl.options[i].title = text; }  } This is working fine in  ie7 but it is not working with ie 6.. If any one could tell me why ..or could tell me alternative of doing this.   A lot of thanks in advance.   There is no title property in IE 6 and below for a DDL. See here for alternative:...

Netscape 6.x
Hello, I have a plugin that has been ported from NS 4.x to 6.x/7.x. I have gone over all the details of how the tranfermation is supposed to occur and everything seems correct. I did find one problem that I fixed that 6.2.3 Netscape requires the version to be 11, not 13, which is what the new plugin .h defines it as. This fixes being able to call from the script into the plugin. The problem I am having is event callbacks are not working. The plugin cannot call the script. i.e. Object_SomeEvent() { handler } Does not work. The plugin never recieves an NPP_GetV...

window.history.forward(1) or history.go(1) doesn't work in IE 7 to prevent back button, works in IE 6
Hi, I know the issues has been beat to death, but hack below worked ok in IE6. However it doesn't work in IE 7, any ideas on how to replicate the same functionality in IE 7? <body onload="window.history.forward(1);" or history.go(1)  Thanks for any suggestions or pointers.   Hello, I tried and found that the javascript works on my pc, I am also using IE7. Make sure that the javascript is enabled by IE7. JessicaJessica CaoSincerely,Microsoft Online Community Support“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a ...

Imanager 2.0 wont work for: https://x.x.x.x/nps/iManager.html
Okay, this is kinda long, here are the previous posts for a problem i've been having with Imanager 2.0 I've been out of town so i havnt been able to keep up on it but here's the history: For the love of god, what does a mean have to do to set up a VPN? i've re-osed my server, installed sp3, and then all the pre- reques for Boarder Manager 3.8. when i get to the point of opening the https://x.x.x.x/nps/iManager.html page i get a 404 error. i've reinstalled, over-installed, un-installed, and i even tryed hitting it really hard. im getting...

Not working in Netscape, working in IE

Not working in Netscape, working in IE

Printing to pdf(version 4) worked with Firefox v2.x but does not work with V3.x since transition last year.
Name: Fred F. Cohen Email: dysefatoptonlinedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Printing to pdf(version 4) worked with Firefox v2.x but does not work with V3.x since transition last year. Comments: All you get writing to Adobe pdf writer ver 4.0 is garbage characters. Works fine when printing from Internet explorer 7 or any other program I am running. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11 From URL: Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide ...

Menu Styles work on Netscape 7.1 but not IE 6!?
I implemented styles for the menus in the Portal.css for my one test portal, running 1.0.10d. It works great in NS 7.1 but does not work at all with IE 6. For the moment I am testing with a change to the hover property of the menu. I defined it this way: ..banner_ctlmenu_spmitmsel { background-color: khaki; cursor: pointer; cursor: hand; color: #404040; font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 9pt; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; } Can anybody help with this???? I have seen problems like this that work for IE and not N...

Web resources about - Validations not working in Netscape 7.x but they are working in IE 6.x - asp.net.client-side

Validation (drug manufacture) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the pharmaceutical , medical device , food, blood establishments, tissue establishments, and clinical trials industries, validation is the ...

Serena Williams eyes history, Caroline Wozniacki craves validation in women's US Open final
As Serena Williams eyes another slice of tennis history, Caroline Wozniacki is craving validation with a watershed US Open final triumph on Sunday ...

Travers Duncan asks High Court to strike down ICAC validation laws
ICAC could be sent back to the High Court as a challenge to new laws validating corruption findings looms.

Adam Scott proclaims Texas win as validation of No.1 ranking
World No.1 Adam Scott has taken out his first PGA tournament as the world's No.1 golfer, beating American Jason Dufner in the third hole of a ...

Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation
Hollande to sign gay marriage bill after Constitutional Council's validation People's Daily Online ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Jan, Feb, Mar, ...

Marketers, Get Ready for the 'Validation Era'
The public brands included has been engaging in a "friends" arms race. But there are signs that we know we overdid it.

Validation and Uncertainty
What an extraordinary conversation I had recently on Twitter. It started with Neil Killick’s statement that we should not consider our stories ...

Nvidia Icera 410 LTE Modem Passes AT&T Network Validation
... Today's news is a small step and logical precursor toward both goals, Nvidia's Icera 410 LTE and HSPA+ baseband has passed AT&T's network validation ...

Ting’s Q1 Subscriber Growth Suffers from Sprint’s New Unlocking Validation Process
Back in February, Sprint updated the process it uses to validate unlocked devices that customers want to utilize on other carriers or one of ...

[Android M Feature Spotlight] Stricter APK Validation Now Actually Checks If All Of An APK's Files Are ...
While you might file this one under "really? We weren't doing this already?" if you're a security expert, Google has added stricter validation ...