using Javascript to check a checkbox?

I need to check a checkbox server control using javascript when a button is clicked and yes it does have to be done in Javascript.   Anyone know the syntax?

thanx
weisenbr
0
weisenbr

You can write like this in the onclick function of the button:

checks = document.getElementsByTagName("input")

for (i=1;i<=checks.length;i++)
{
if (checks[i-1].type == "checkbox")
{
if ( checks[i-1].checked)
{
// put your logic here
}
}
}
0
musaali
7/8/2004 8:00:49 PM
.... since you already know the id of your checkbox control , better use

check = document.getElementById("yourcheckboxid")

if (check.checked)
{ // put your logic here
}
0
musaali

How to use client-side script(javascript) in DNA using .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script> objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ...... }   szUrl = "http://ServerNa...

checking checkbox is checked or not using checkbox.checked
Hi,my checkbox is<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity" runat="server" Text="My own city"  OnCheckedChanged="EventHandler"/>code behind: Private Sub Chkcity_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Chkcity.CheckedChangedif (Chkcity ...............)end if End SubERROR    'EventHandler' is not a member of 'ASP.bpoaddjob_aspx'.    Please Mark the post as "ANSWER" if it helps you I think it should be like this:<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity"...

How to use client-side script(javascript) in .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script>  objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ......  }    szUrl = &...

Checking All CheckBoxes in a GridView Using Client-Side Script
Hi; I have  checkbox column in gridview and a checkbox in header gridview. i write down code: Dim checkbox As CheckBox = GridView2.HeaderRow.FindControl("HeaderCheckbox")checkbox.Attributes("onclick") = "ChangeAllCheckBoxStates(this.checked);"  For Each row As GridViewRow In GridView2.Rows Dim a As CheckBox = row.Cells(0).FindControl("CheckBox2") If row.RowType = DataControlRowType.DataRow ThenClientScript.RegisterArrayDeclaration("CheckboxIDs", String.Concat("'", a.ClientID, "'")) End IfNe...

Use JavaScript to check if CSS is enabled client-side
Hi all, As the subject suggests, I would like to find out if there is a way I can use JavaScript to check if CSS is enabled in the user's browser.This should be done upon page load, and would be handy if some kind of notification could be used. Maybe a label...?If anybody could provide some code examples, it would be much appreciated.  Thanks for any help in advance.   Try this: http://www.filamentgroup.com/lab/delivering_the_right_experience_to_the_right_device/...

how to check if a checkbox is checked using javascript.
Hi all, I am new to asp.net and trying to learn it, I have created a simple page including a button and a checkboxes.  Now, I want that when I check the checkbox, it should display a message. but it is gving some errors like 1. ) expected 2. Invalid expresson term ':' 3. ; expexcted  4. Invalid expresson term ':'  my sample coding is as follows   <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="test.aspx.cs" Inherits="test" %><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Trans...

How to write data to a file in client side using javascript or someother client side scripting language.
Hi, I would like to know how to write a data to a client side file using javascript or someother client side scripting language. The file type expected is ini file. txt file would also be appreciable. Thanks in advance.   If the site is a trusted and you are running IE then you could try http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_filesystem.asp The Old Sewing FactoryThat twitter nonsense. You can write to the server, but not to the client's machine.  Being able to do so would be a huge security breach.When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered"...

In datawindow.net,access the database from client side event using javascript
In powerbuilder,for example,a datawindow has two columns:itemno,description. input an itemno,validate it.if not found from the database,return 1 to trigger itemerror event; if found,get the description of the item from the database,and fill it into the column "description". The question is how to fulfill the function in web datawindow,through web service? if so,I need an example to realize it. You will need to use AJAX or make a round trip on item change event. -- Dean Jones CEO PowerObjects http://www.powerobjects.com (612) 339-3355 Ext. 112 TeamSybase * *...

Changing the backcolor once i check the checkbox in checkbox list using javascript
Hi Friends, My requirement is Listbox with checkbox I have taken one div tag make it as overlap.in tat div tag i hav taken one checkboxlist.. Now it looks like a listbox with checkox. Data is binded properly.once i check the checkbox in checkboxlist  i need to change tat checkbox row color using javascript . Please can u give some suggestions Thanks sandhya   These links should Help http://www.gridviewguy.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?articleID=141_Changing_GridView_Row_Color http://forums.asp.net/t/1166853.aspxVikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if ...

how do i get selectedValue of drop down list server side if i am populating it using client side javascript?
 Hi All.I am populating a drop down list client side using: The drop down list is populated based on a selection of another drop down list. ddlList.options[i] = new Option(1,2); as an exampleThe populating is done as i need it to. However, a button click event i am trying to get the selectedValue of the ddlList. However, it doesn't give me it. It only gives me the selectedValue of the drop down list on first rendering. Any ideas on how i can get it?   Could You paste some code? That would be helpful. Thanks S@ss (Shashi Shekhar Singh)My BlogPlease mark a post as ANSWER ...

Checkbox checked at client side???
Hi, I have a datagrid. In this datagrid At each row I have a checkbox to select the whole row. The second column is a bound column and it keeps the id of the product, the third contains the name of the product and so on... I want to get the id of the product as soon as i check the checkbox. However,this should be handled in client side. Can anyone help me? Thanks... Implement the ItemDataBound event of the grid and make sure ID of the row gets passed to the client side onclick event handler of the checkbox.Bug [MCSD] I'm sorry but I could not manage to implement ItemDataB...

checkbox client side onclick event to manage checked status of multiple checkbox controls or multiple items in a checkboxlist
I want to use javascript to run a client side function to manage the checked state of multiple checkbox controls.  For example, if checkboxA is checked by the user, I want to uncheck checkboxB & checkboxC and check checkboxD.  I do not want to make this a postback event. Also, I'm considering using a checkboxlist control.  If I were to use a checkboxlist control with 6 list items, how would I control the checked status of the different list items based upon an onclick event for one of the list items.  An example: if checkbox list item (1) is checked, I want to unc...

.Net varible into client side JavaScript
I'm need to get a variable from my web app and place its value in a JavaScript. I tried doing this with a Label but I get the HTML included. I don't think I can use the <%# %> from classic ASP? Anyone have any ideas on how they would approach this problem? tbone_stl wrote:Anyone have any ideas on how they would approach this problem? Hi, and welcome to the ASP.NET forums. It's possible to pass a variable to a javascript function. I created a small coding snippet: <%@ Page Language="C#" %>   <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http...

Web resources about - using Javascript to check a checkbox? - asp.net.client-side

JavaScript SDK - Facebook-Entwickler
Overview The JavaScript SDK provides a rich set of client-side functionality for accessing Facebook...