Use JavaScript to check if CSS is enabled client-side

Hi all,

As the subject suggests, I would like to find out if there is a way I can use JavaScript to check if CSS is enabled in the user's browser.

This should be done upon page load, and would be handy if some kind of notification could be used. Maybe a label...?

If anybody could provide some code examples, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for any help in advance.

0
redstaar

How to write data to a file in client side using javascript or someother client side scripting language.
Hi, I would like to know how to write a data to a client side file using javascript or someother client side scripting language. The file type expected is ini file. txt file would also be appreciable. Thanks in advance.   If the site is a trusted and you are running IE then you could try http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_filesystem.asp The Old Sewing FactoryThat twitter nonsense. You can write to the server, but not to the client's machine.  Being able to do so would be a huge security breach.When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered"...

How to use client-side script(javascript) in DNA using .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script> objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ...... }   szUrl = "http://ServerNa...

How to use client-side script(javascript) in .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script>  objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ......  }    szUrl = &...

how do i get selectedValue of drop down list server side if i am populating it using client side javascript?
 Hi All.I am populating a drop down list client side using: The drop down list is populated based on a selection of another drop down list. ddlList.options[i] = new Option(1,2); as an exampleThe populating is done as i need it to. However, a button click event i am trying to get the selectedValue of the ddlList. However, it doesn't give me it. It only gives me the selectedValue of the drop down list on first rendering. Any ideas on how i can get it?   Could You paste some code? That would be helpful. Thanks S@ss (Shashi Shekhar Singh)My BlogPlease mark a post as ANSWER ...

when to use client side / server side?
Hey, Please can someone tell me when do i need to use a client-side or a server-side? For instance, I have a dropdownlist and when the user choses one of the listitems then click on the button to submit changes,i need first to validate the new value chosen by the user by comparing it with the old value and then redirect the user to the next page if there are no errors or view an error on the other hand! so in this case what's more preferable to use a JScript (client side) or on the click event of the button pressed (server side)! waiting the reply................. thanx in adva...

In datawindow.net,access the database from client side event using javascript
In powerbuilder,for example,a datawindow has two columns:itemno,description. input an itemno,validate it.if not found from the database,return 1 to trigger itemerror event; if found,get the description of the item from the database,and fill it into the column "description". The question is how to fulfill the function in web datawindow,through web service? if so,I need an example to realize it. You will need to use AJAX or make a round trip on item change event. -- Dean Jones CEO PowerObjects http://www.powerobjects.com (612) 339-3355 Ext. 112 TeamSybase * *...

Using JavaScript and JQuery to Dynamically Enable / Disable Validators on the Client Side
If you want to use JavaScript to enable or disable a validator whose id is all mucked up with "ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$etc$etc" and you are using JQuery, here is a line of JavaScript for you:ValidatorEnable($("[id$=RequiredFieldValidator1]")[0], false); The validator is named "RequiredFieldValidator1" and since JQuery will return a collection of matches, you need to specify "[0]" to get the specific element.  The comment from Korayem on this page helped me use JQuery to select my control using the control ID.  This post helped me figure out...

Client Side Javascript and Dynamic Client Ids
I have a gridview that has an edit row.  When I click on edit... It pops up a inline window with modal functionality in the css... I want to fire off a webservice to bring back data to populate the input fields on the form I created... one catch I created a tab container with panels to separate out the keyed in information... So, I found that the .net is doing this to the inputs...  <input name="ctl00$cphMainBody$tcEmployeeDetails$TabPanel1$txtFirstName" type="text" maxlength="25" id="ctl00_cphMainBody_tcEmployeeDetails_TabPanel1_txtFirstNa...

server side variables in client side javascript
I want to use an ASP.net variable in client side javascript.In regular asp I used hidden fields.what is the best way to do this in ASP.NET ?thx,Intersee my blog at www.Interdevelopments.com and check the future of open mobile widget solutions at www.glowe.org By and large, I personally still use Hidden fields to store information, that either my Javascript function or my code-behind use.  I barely use the RegisterScriptBlock method(s) and that is only for situations where I want to be really dynamic with the client side functionality.  95% of the time, I can still use a...

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

Call server side function from client side javascript
I have a javascript where I either need to call an onclick even of a server link button or I need to be able to call a server side function.   The only thing is I cant use AJAX.  Is there any way I can do this or am I spinning my wheels. Thanks!-------------Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. I have a similar problem.  In my case, I would like to set a server-side session object from JavaScript.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.  Dan Sure, y...

Client side clock using server side controls
Is it possible to create a client side clock using a server side control (label or textbox) in C# without accessing JavaScript?  If so, how? In principal it is possible, it depends how often you need to reload this clock ... if every second than: 1. It is no sens to do I mean 2. You need than to make setTimeout client script, to refresh page every second With FastPage it seems more real task ... http://fastpage.more.at...

Web resources about - Use JavaScript to check if CSS is enabled client-side - asp.net.client-side

Client-side scripting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... different and changing content depending on user input, environmental conditions (such as the time of day), or other variables. Client-side ...

Senior Search Manager - Client Side!!
... strategy insight for senior IT management - resources to understand and leverage information technology. Senior Search Manager - Client Side ...

Account Manager - Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!

Media Sales Executive - Client Side!!
Technology news and reviews for business and home.

PPC Paid Search Manager - CLIENT SIDE
Defining Technology for Australia's IT Leaders. PPC Paid Search Manager - SEM - **CLIENT SIDE** Sydney CBD Location Client side!! SEM/PPC/Paid ...

How Basecamp Next got to be so damn fast without using much client-side UI
When we started working on Basecamp Next last year, we had much internal debate about whether we should evolve the existing code base or rewrite ...

Seven Tips for Pitching From the Client's Side of the Table
I had a chance to sit on the other side of the pitch table. Here is what I learned.

Client-side coding: How to prevent malicious use?
Applications that run on a user-controlled device cannot be perfectly protected.

The client side
... regarding the professionals you seek to assist. Even better if you possess that understanding yourself, having worked on the client side. I'm ...

Ecommerce traffic being hijacked by client side malware
According to new research 15 to 30 percent of eCommerce site visitors are infected with Client Side Injected Malware (CSIM) that causes them ...