setting server controls properties via client side javascript

can I set server side controls properties using client side javascript functions

If so - can you point me to code examples please ?

0
ubique

To communicate client-side changes to server-side objects, you have to use a hidden input as a helper to hold those changes and then handle the returned changes server-side.

IIRC, the QuickStarts had an example of persisting client-side changes.  So, that would be a good place to start...

0
stiletto

Set server control property from client side javascript?
I need to be able to set a server control property from clientside javascript and then have the property persist through a postback. Specifically,I need to set the imageUrl property of an imagebutton control. I've tried using the following code in javascript but it doesn't work: document.getElementById('ImageButton1').ImageUrl = 'path_to_image'; this above code doesn't generate any errors and I can step through it fine in the debugger, but it doesn't actually set the imageUrl property. I am able to set the imageurl property successfully with the following code, but it doesn't ...

Changing Server-Side Control Properties by Client-Side
Hi, I have 4 server side button control. These are for choices of a competition website(A,B,C,D) and I have 1 client side button control named "Changer" on the same page. When I click the Changer I want it to disable A, if it is disabled I want it to disable B... The main question in this topic is "How can I change properties of a server-side control by client-side" My javascript side is not very well. How can I do this? Please help me. I got it guys. Thank You very much.. Hi, Here is the javascript for enable and disable two server side buttons with id Button1 and Butt...

What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ?
What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ? and diff server -side coding and client -side coding ? please help I have answered the first part of your question in your previous posting. Server-side coding languages are ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI (Perl) and many, many more. They are used to create dynamic web content (based on additional information that is attached to the request) and are often used to extract information from databases. Client-side coding languages are JavaScript, VBScript, EMACScript and are used to create dynamic content that responds to the u...

Combining a server-side control with a client-side control!

Accessing server-side control in client-side javascript function; on Content page
I am trying to set an asp:textbox value in the Client side javascript function. It works fine on the standalone page. But when i try to do this the Content page, it’s giving the follwoing error message. document.getElementByID[...] is null of not an object  Any idea? Thanks, Riz   Hi, are you using ClientID property of that server control, to get its ID (which is rendered at the client and can be used with document.getElementById )?Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you my problem is solved....

Is there a correspondance for each server side control to be equivalent to a client side html control
Where can find the list and can use that equivalence and what is its usage plsThanksThanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. What exactly do you mean? A correspondence of what?All controls have a ClientID property, which for most controls tells the DOM element ID that will be used in the HTML rendering. Aside from that certain controls might offer additional client-side functionality, but there's no one standard.Thanks,EilonBlog: http://weblogs.asp.net/LeftSlipper/ I mean. When I am using html control in my aspx page like:  <input type=text ..>  and...

Server-side versus Client-side controls?
Hi, I'm new to ASP.NET, and I was wondering how negligible the performance impact of using server-side controls over client-side controls is? Should I avoid using server-side controls and use client-side ones whereever I can? Or should I not care? From apurely aesthetic point-of-view, it would be nice to use mostly all server-side controls to keep everything consistent. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks. There are up's and down's of both server-side and client side controls.  Read this article and you will have a better understanding on which is better.http://www.eggh...

server side variables in client side javascript
I want to use an ASP.net variable in client side javascript.In regular asp I used hidden fields.what is the best way to do this in ASP.NET ?thx,Intersee my blog at www.Interdevelopments.com and check the future of open mobile widget solutions at www.glowe.org By and large, I personally still use Hidden fields to store information, that either my Javascript function or my code-behind use.  I barely use the RegisterScriptBlock method(s) and that is only for situations where I want to be really dynamic with the client side functionality.  95% of the time, I can still use a...

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

How to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts
Folks,I have problem try to to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts. Please give me helps.     The error is as follows Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.Source Error: Line 79: { Line 80: Control c = Page.FindControl("ddlTC" + i); Line 81: ((DropDownList)c).DataSource = mdt; Line 82: ((DropDownList)c).DataTextField = "ClassID"; Line 83: ((DropDownList)c).DataValueField = "Course"; My aspx page source codes: ...<...

How to access all the methods of server controls and infragistics controls from client-side javascript.
I have some web controls on my page, which i want to manipulate without going to the server, that is, from a client-side javascript. I know how to call them with the documents.forms.... but i do not know how to call their methods. For the text box, the method to manipulate it is 'value'. It's a property i think. for the html <select> it is the 'options' array. But for the others, I dont know.My question is the following:I have an infragistics control: the UltraWebTree.This is its code in html: <ignav:ultrawebtree id="UltraWebTree1" style="Z-INDEX: 108; LEFT: 352p...

Server Side control invoking a Client Side event
I need to figure out how to get a server side control to process the "OnMouseOver" event. Since server side controls do not have the onmouseover event associated with them, how would you make for example, a DropDownList have a "OnMouseOver" event associate with it? The DropDownList must be server side. I guess the idea here is to set client-side events on the server-side control. Any help will be appreciated. You may try something like this: In server side code DDL1.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "javascript:alert('Hi')") Th...

Web resources about - setting server controls properties via client side javascript - asp.net.client-side

General Growth Properties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chicago , Illinois , U.S. General Growth Properties, Inc. is an American real estate investment trust , headquartered at 110 North Wacker Drive ...

RentalRoost Brings Facebook Into Process Of Matching Up Home Seekers, Available Properties
... places to live , as RentalRoost , a San Francisco Bay-area-based website that incorporates Facebook data into its rankings of available properties, ...

Extended Profile Properties - Facebook-Entwickler
These Permissions cannot be revoked in the Login Dialog during the login flow, meaning they are non-optional for Users when logging into your ...

PortPerry Properties (@brian14mckinlay) on Twitter

Hawaii Real Estate Properties for iPad on the App Store on iTunes
Get Hawaii Real Estate Properties for iPad on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Qld climate change pilot study shows 4400 properties could flood in Townsville
The Queensland Government is silently preparing Queensland for an 80cm sea rise, which would impact tens of thousands of homes by the end of ...

Smart Buys: Sydney properties for less than $1 million
Domain's choice of smart Sydney properties this week.

Australian Federal Police raid properties in new CFMEU-linked investigation
Federal Police have raided properties as part of an investigation into a CFMEU organiser suspected by authorities of being bribed.

Sydney gateway: Rail line to be moved, properties affected under plan to link WestConnex to airport
A key rail line linking Sydney's west with Port Botany will need to be shifted under tentative plans to build separate motorways to Sydney Airport. ...

Queensland storms: Roofs ripped off houses in Warwick, 19,000 properties left without power
... roofs in Warwick, as wild storms move across south-east Queensland. More than a dozen homes have lost their roofs and close to 19,000 properties ...