Read selected value from dropdownlist control which I add items on the client side

I have an asp :dropdown control to which I add items on the client side by javascript code how can I read what client selected in Server side ASP.NET? always selected value is the first item also I can see it's items count but every item value and text will be System.Data.DataRowView

0
Basel1090

Hi basel,

You wouldn't have to do this. DropDownList's items are in ViewState which was saved in server side. You could to use TextBox or Input (hidden) to save your selected value.

Good Coding!

Javier Luna
http://guydotnetxmlwebservices.blogspot.com/

from Villa El Salvador for world!
0
Javier

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

to change value of Client Side Select html control from database value....

Add item to Dropdownlist at client side
Hi I have a page with several DDL's. Like City, Country etc for a client. I want the user to be able to select a city for example form the list. But also allow them to add a new city name without having to return to the server. i tried a java input to retrieve their selection. But need to now how to send the input string to the DDL. I can add to the length to mmake room but can;t get it to display the new city input. Can you help. I am new to Asp. Thanks hi Pnz, Please check the list link control from Meta Builders Hope this helpsSunny NAGIProper Preparation Prevents P...

Issue obtaining values in server-side from dropdownlist when updating value using client-side script in master page
HiI got a page in a contentplaceholder of a master page. There is two pulldowns. I populate the first one using server side coding and then use client-side javascript. So far so good. The issue is that upon a postback I try to collect the select value of the second pulldown and there is no data in the pulldown and no selected item. I tried using control.selectedvalue (nothing) or searching the form controls Stringvariable = oForm.FindControl("Control")Thing is I've done this before in 1.1 outside of a master page and it works.Thanks in ad...

How to take value from client side control from server side code?
Hi all, I would like to know that, how to access client side control in server side code? Here is an example.. I am having the textBox in client side like <input type="text" id="textBoxUsername" name="textBoxUsername"/> I need to take the value from this textBox in button click event which is server side code. private void buttonShow(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { //I need to access this textBox here. } How to do that? Thanks R. eswaran. hi you need to make it run at server. <input type="text" id="textBoxUsername"...

How to read cookies value on client side from server side code?
 I read an article which explains on how to read the client side cookies from C# code by doing something like://Grab the cookie 9: HttpCookie cookie = Request.Cookies[strCookieName];I am very confused here. Server side code in on the server side, so how can a server side code read the cookies on the client machine?I thought that only a client side script like Java Script  can read the client side cookies.Kindly explain...please.thanks.   Each time you request a page on a domain, the browser looks for a cookie for that domain on the client machine if it exists then it ...

server side control passing value of self in client side function
I have a server side dropdownlist control.It contains values as:"#00FFFF""#FF00FF""#FFFF00"When the selectedindex is changed by the client I want to assign the value of the dropdownlist to a <div id="example"></div> evelement.pseudo:document.getElementbyId('example').bgcolor=dropdownlist.valueHow can I do this? I think I somehow need to attach a function to my dropdownlist which passes its own value as a parameter to a function...any suggestions?Thanks!please mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that isnt in the post already. You ...

What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ?
What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ? and diff server -side coding and client -side coding ? please help I have answered the first part of your question in your previous posting. Server-side coding languages are ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI (Perl) and many, many more. They are used to create dynamic web content (based on additional information that is attached to the request) and are often used to extract information from databases. Client-side coding languages are JavaScript, VBScript, EMACScript and are used to create dynamic content that responds to the u...

Combining a server-side control with a client-side control!

Atlas client side control value available to server side C# code behind
I have an existing ASP.NET application. The page contains a datagrid (asp:datagrid). In my current C# code behind, I fetch data from SQL Server 2005 and bind to the datagrid when a button is selected (Click event). There can be many entires in the grid however, so the user typically enters text in a textbox as a filter on the returned results from SQL Server 2005. Now after studying an Atlas sample animalservice http://atlas.asp.net/docs/atlas/doc/data/default.aspx, with an HTML suggestion text box, I would like to use client-side Atlas to give the user a better indication of...

How can I set client side values as server side values?
Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can get client side values such as document.referrer, navigator.appName etc... into server side scripts? There are some client side values I'd like to set as session vars and insert into the db? How do I go about this? Thanks for any pointers Davlon PS (I'm using powersite 7.1.0.300) Pass them as page parameters, e.g., http://myserver/myurl?document.referrer=whatever&navigator.appName=yadayada Then, in your server-side script, just loop through the document.value array and get these values. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kie...

Client Side values to Server Side
What is the best way to transfer Client Side values to the Server side? For example I have a variable "var1" in javascript. var1 = "sample"; How can I acquire this value in the server side?  What is the best approach for this?  Barry to send the value to the server during a postback, you need to place the value in an input control.  You could consider using a hidden textbox for that purpose.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ In the JavaScrip...

Client-side values to server-side ?
Hi! My previous query is attached below: I have implemented the below mentioned implementation . 'listbox1' on 'webform1' shows all the values from 'webform2'. I have implemented it using javascript. I would like to know that to implement validation on 'webform1', I would require the values of 'listbox1' ,which are on the client-side , to move to the server-side . I think sending a querystring will be fine but how to implement it using javascript and code-behind(C#)? Your suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and regards, ap.       My previous query: " I am stuck wi...

Web resources about - Read selected value from dropdownlist control which I add items on the client side - asp.net.client-side

Tag Synonyms - Stack Overflow

Air Astana - Join Now

Blog - Avisra

Online Booking Tool Support