Print web form content

Hi,

how to design print page with content of webform

in the webform controls are images and lables textboxes ,gridview(gridview with textboxes and add button) and datalist

how to get control values and design the print page.

0
santosh12

you can design a page with your static HTML and use window.open to open it, creat a button and call window.print() on the client side click of the button.

<asp:Button runat='server' id='btn' OnClientClick="window.print()" />

SHASHANK BHIDE
CAPGEMINI INDIA
"THE ROAD TO SUCCESS IS ALWAYS UNDER CONSTRUCTION MARK MY RESPONSE AS ANSWER TO HELP ME BUILD IT :)"
0
shashankgwl
3/12/2009 7:46:08 AM

Thanks for reply,

but how to get control values and format the print page can please tell me

how get the logo to print page

0
santosh12
3/12/2009 7:57:29 AM
create a static page, put your images and all on that, and if any dynamic data you want to put, put it in Session variable in the page load event of that page replace the values with teh data in sesssion variables , bottom of the page give one print button onclick of which call window.print();
SHASHANK BHIDE
CAPGEMINI INDIA
"THE ROAD TO SUCCESS IS ALWAYS UNDER CONSTRUCTION MARK MY RESPONSE AS ANSWER TO HELP ME BUILD IT :)"
0
shashankgwl

Need to prompt client with Print Dialog from IE; need some format to print web form content
Have you ever been on a website, and it will have a link or button to "Print Something", and when pressed, the Windows print dialog will automatically appear?  Well that is what I need to do.  I am guessing it must be some Javascript or something in .NET to do this.  So here are my questions. 1. How do I show the user a print dialog box from IE when they click on a link or button on my ASP.NET page? 2. The content I want to print is just a long set of instructions in an ASP.NET text box.  What would be the best product/format to put this in that can ...

Access web form content from client side HTML file using javascript
I have two browser windows open, one an html file residing on the client and one an aspx page served up by the web server. Neither window is related to the other; neither one opened the other. Is it possible for javascript on the html file which resides on the user's local computer to "read" any of the information from the other open window? Ideally, I'd like to read a hidden input field from the web page. The solution only has to work in IE 6 and 7. Thanks in advance. Man, this sounds more like a virus, like spyware... Why do you need to do such thing? What I want is to open ne...

Web Form vs. Web Content Form

Print Web Form Contents On Submission
Is there a way to print (from the server) the contents of a web form when it is submitted? Thanks, Andrew You can access all the submitted web form fields from the Request object. You can loop through the field collection, create a document (Text/XML) on the fly with all these values and then send it to printer. Hey! It compiles! Ship it! Cheers, Venugopal Mallarapu. Visit : My Blog...

Screen shot of client side web form
How can i capture the web form on the client machine? Thanks for any help!!! Alt-PrintScreen keyboard keys and then paste in word or outlook email.LolliDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. I think that's the only way to do it for websites. Some people have written built-in screenshot capturing software when an exception occurs, but that's only for winforms as far as I know off. Jef Claes~~~~~~~~~~Visit my blog ...

How do I have a web based Client Side Application in .net?
 Is there any way to do this in .net?  Have a Client Side Web Based Client Side application.  similar to Page Designers in VB6? Is it possible?  ORLets say your app was server side but the client lost network connection somehow how would you take the data in the form and resend it when the server came back?   Rico Rodriguez Doesn't really work like that. Most web applications are stateless, but with ASP.NET you can do things to help with that. If someone wanted to run ASP.NET on their client, they'd have to have IIS installed - something most u...

client side printing, using a web application
Hello, i'm sorry but i don't know the right place to ask this so i'm just going to ask it here. Please feel free to move the thread to the appropriate part if it's necessary. I don't have much .net experience so please excuse me for asking stupid questions ;-) I'm developing an web application, written in vb.net which is used to register purchases. To do this, it uses an client-side printer and a client-side atm machine (don't really know the english word, small box in shops which uses your bank card to pay). The problem i'm facing is that the webapplicati...

web forms with client and server side controls??
Hi, I have a form that has client and server side controls. I have a problem in that any client controls (textbox) within the form runat="server" can not be accessed with client side code. Anyone got any ideas why and what work arounds are possible. Regards, Graham. once a form element is inside a <FORM> tag, you can no longer refer to it by its ID alone. you have to refer to it by formname.elementid or document.all.elementid. use document.getElementById(yourtextboxid) to get a ref to the element in the form. using this allows u to bypass the formn...

differences between server side asynchronous Web methods and client side asynchronous Web methods
Hi,   can anyone expalin what are the differences between server side asynchronous Web methods  and client side asynchronous Web methods in ASP.Net 2.0 ?   any best articles on serverside asynchronous Web methods  ?   Thanks,  hi, check this url, Server-Side Asynchronous Methods for ASP.NET, http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/asyncws.aspx   Calling the Server-Side method asynchronously from Client Script, http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/dipenlama22/Callbacks07182006093320AM/Callbacks.aspx...

How to use client side printer to print a stringbuilder content?
 Can anyone help me, regard this? Actually my requirement is to print a string builder content in client side default printer. For this i can use javascript "window.print()", but pbm is im developing touch screen application, window.print() will give UI to select printer.  My requirement is, it has to print the automatically into client default printer without any UserInterface. Is there any chance to do like that? Someone gave me MyControl class with ActiveX to achieve this, but i dont know how to use that, i tried it in somany ways but still it is detecting fo...

VB .net Web Form will not get contents of Text Box
I have created a web form with text boxes that are bound to a DataSet/DataView.  I have created button to navigate up and down the recordset.  That all works fine. I need to have the ability to edit/add text in any of the boxes and then when clicking "Save" button, it would build an UPDATE query to send to the database. When the Save button is clicked, I have coded to DIM a string var (strSQL) to use to build the SQL command.  For some reason, it will only get the text from a text box if the data was pulled the database.  If I add/edit data, then the SQL command will ha...

Local Client-side printing using server vb.net code?
Hi,Rather than use the window.print() command which is just a form dump.  I want to use vb.net code to do this as it has all the features necessary.I came across this useful article from developers.com.  http://www.developer.com/net/net/article.php/3102381However, when I run this it throws an exception because there is no default printer attached to the server.  Of course I don't want to print server side - thats no good.  But print client side.  The users would print to whatever print queue on the network they have connected to their own pc.I thought ...

Web resources about - Print web form content - asp.net.client-side

Portal:Contents/Culture and the arts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word culture is derived from the Latin root cultura or cultus meaning to "inhabit, cultivate, or honour". In general, culture refers to human ...

Stink Launches Content Division, Michael Rapaport Joins Big Block and More
Stink is launching Stinkstudios, a specialized content division. Stinkstudios will be led by Managing Director and Executive Producer Daniel ...

Grab your pals and create your own content click with Riple
Most of us enjoy sharing interesting content, funny videos, and awesome photos with our friends. An app called Riple not only lets you do that ...

Track censored content on Facebook, Twitter, Google and other social media
There are many problems with the censoring of online content, not least that it can limit free speech. But there is also the question of transparency. ...

THE MOBILE DISTRIBUTION REPORT: Why social platforms and mobile apps are essential for delivering publisher ...
... Facebook's Instant Articles and Snapchat's Discover allow partnering publishers to directly reach growing audience bases with native content, ...

How I schedule social media content with Buffer
No fewer than a half dozen people have asked me recently how I’m scheduling my social media content. Here’s a quick video that shows the entire ...

10 Most Widely Used Content Management Systems Online
... specialized software. The 21st century brought with itself a revolution in the field of website designing and development in the form of Content ...

Jim Bob Duggar Offers Advice to Fathers: Remove 'Sensual Content' From The Home
The '19 Kids and Counting' star advises fellow dads to become spiritual leaders.

Google Can Now Stream Select AppsAnd Search Their Content
Finally, Google is working with app creators to make content that is exclusive to apps searchable on the web. Google just made a minor change ...