Pass values from server to client and client to server?

Hi,

i have a scenario,

i want to  pass some values to an image and a label dynamically from database.

i want to use an anchor(a href) tag and when the mouse goes over the anchor , an image url and label text must change with the values from database. Suppose that there are more than one anchor at the page.

One more thing, anchors must get the id values of the records from database at page_Load() and the queries use these these ids again to retreive imageurl and label text values from database when mouse goes over.

Any ideas?

neter

Look into AJAX. Google would be a good place to start.

NC...

0
NC01
2/26/2008 4:40:40 PM

For the Situation, I would suggest Microsoft AJAX. That would be the best one.

Thanks and Regards,
Kinjan Shah,
MCAD
http://TricksForProgramming.BlogSpot.com
This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved.
0
KinjanShah
2/27/2008 4:23:27 AM

Use ajax..it is the bridge....

0
sirilthodeti
2/27/2008 6:32:05 AM

Wow! Echos!

NC...

0
NC01

automation server to client and client to server
I have to applications that need to communicate with each other. Is it practical for both of them to be servers and clients to each other? One of the applications will work primarily as a server and will launch the other application. The newly launched application needs to be able to send occasional information to the server to update information in the application that launched it. Also, if the user attempts to close the launched application it needs to tell the launcher application to close the appl ication that it launched. Does this sound practical? This is kind of like launching wo...

Client & Server Side ( Server PostBacks Reset Client Data )

How to pass the client side values to server side?
 hello to All,Actually i wanna implement a code like... a string in HTML textbox retrieve in server side control....suppose i hv a HTML control <input type="text" id="txtHTML"/>, and dis control  txtHTML.text="abc".now i want to retrieve dis client side string "abc" in d server side textbox named "txtASP"...which hs a property runat="server"so please give me an idea how to pass values from client side to server side.... hope u understand a problem... sam.  You could do this <input type="text"...

How to pass values from client side to server side
Hi, Is there a way to transfer variable from a client loop to a server loop. For example: var clitest = 'test'; Now I would like to get test variable from javascript into a server string variable <% sertest = ?? %> I understand that this can be done by storing a variable into a hidden control for example and than access it using server side, but when I have to transfer an array for example it get's a little more complicated. I was wondering is there more efficient approach? You can't transfer arrays, only strings. To workaround this problem pass delimited stri...

passing client side variable value to server side
 i have a grid and  by click on the rows, the onrowclick event is fired on client side. I want to pass the row index to the server side. As there are not sessions variables in javascript so i am stuck to pass the row to the server side.. I have made a texbox and set its valueto the index in the onrowclick event but when refresh calls, the text box became empty as the value set is on client side, i want page to persistthe value,  How can i do that? Tel me some way passing the row index to the server side?? Hi, You can call GridView_SelectedIndexChanging event on row click ev...

Problem passing value client-side to server-side
I have a page that calls a pop-up while passing an encrypted value via a query string. The value is encrypted on the parent client-side in javascript so it needs to be decrypted client-side as well. This decryption occurs on closing the child (popup) and I am at a loss of when and how I should get this value to the server-side. On the popup you just want to process server side code? Anytime you can access for example the raw url:string raw = Page.Request.RawUrl;If you need to access any values on the client side you can access the url using javascript. Another idea is to, on the code beh...

how to pass values from client side to server side #2
Hi Guys....               This is Aani....I'm using ASP.NET in C# language.i have created one webpage for get input from user(from java script inputbox).i want that entered data in server side operations.how can i pass that value from client side server side.i need proper code in C# language.reply me soon... Thanks is Advanced... Regards....Aani plz use hidden field.ur assing values to text boxes through java script. before post back call a java scipt function to assign value to hodden fieed. even u can add these ...

Passing a value from server side to client side without postback
My problem exactly is that on my aspx.vb code-behind, I can update the field using HiddenField ID = "hidSessionTimeout" Code-Behind: on Page_LoadhidSessionTimeout.Value = HttpContext.Current.Session.Timeout on ChangeTimeOutValue()hidSessionTimeout.Value = 5  Client-Side: var x= document.getElementById("hidSessionTimeout"); It seems that the javascript cannot get the latest updated value... Any ideas?    Any Workaround solution? did u keep the page load code in if(!IsPostBack)pavankumar geljian_a:  Client-Side:  var...

Client side code to pass values to server side variable?
Hi there, I have ListBox_SelectedTextChanged() method that creates another list box in the runtime as follows: // Get Action Level List lbxActionLevel = new ListBox();lbxActionLevel.ID = "ddlA" + i.ToString(); lbxActionLevel.Width = 100; lbxActionLevel.Rows = 2;SqlDataReader dr = new BusinessLogicLayer().bllGetActionLevels(); lbxActionLevel.Items.Clear();while (dr.Read()) {ListItem lAction = new ListItem(); lAction.Text = dr.GetString(1).Trim();lAction.Value = Convert.ToString(dr.GetInt32(0)); lbxActionLevel.Items.Add(lAction); lbxActionLevel.SelectedIndex = 0; } I ...

How to pass param values from server side to client side scripts
Hi, I have a page containing a datagrid with a list of geographic positions of interesting places. Users can filter this grid. Clicking an item the system displays the place on a map using MS Virtual Earth map component that exposes a client side javascript api. My problem is that the filtering is done on server side, but the map runs on client side. So during page load, I need to create long strings containing complex javascript codes on the server side, and add it as an event handler attribute to my components. This causes a lot of problems, for exemple...

server side control passing value of self in client side function
I have a server side dropdownlist control.It contains values as:"#00FFFF""#FF00FF""#FFFF00"When the selectedindex is changed by the client I want to assign the value of the dropdownlist to a <div id="example"></div> evelement.pseudo:document.getElementbyId('example').bgcolor=dropdownlist.valueHow can I do this? I think I somehow need to attach a function to my dropdownlist which passes its own value as a parameter to a function...any suggestions?Thanks!please mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that isnt in the post already. You ...

How do I pass client side values to server side ones & vice versa
Hi, If I have some jscript that creates a value based on a users input, how can I pass that to a server variable? Many thanks@nt Hi! You can set that value to a hiddenfield (runat = server) on the client and then read it from server side like any other control. If this is not clear, please paste your code so I may help you better.Regards,ClaudioSimplicity: "the art of maximizing the amount of work not done." Thanks for your time crfenix,  I need to do something like below: Code behind:protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {strin...

How can I set client side values as server side values?
Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can get client side values such as document.referrer, navigator.appName etc... into server side scripts? There are some client side values I'd like to set as session vars and insert into the db? How do I go about this? Thanks for any pointers Davlon PS (I'm using powersite 7.1.0.300) Pass them as page parameters, e.g., http://myserver/myurl?document.referrer=whatever&navigator.appName=yadayada Then, in your server-side script, just loop through the document.value array and get these values. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kie...

Storing the checked Htmlimputcheckbox values on client side and passing to server side on submit button clicked
Hi All  I've got these bunch of HtmlInputcheckboxes that i'm creating dynamically using div.innerhtml on server side and putting it in a <TD> block, calculate averages etc. Things are working fine until this point. Now i need to get all the checked checkboxes and their values(which are dates in my case) and pass these values back to server side for processing on the submit button click. But i'm using a pagefooter submit button to fire my submit button so i cannot directly pass these values to my submit button onclick method. I tried to use the findcontrol method ...

Web resources about - Pass values from server to client and client to server? - asp.net.client-side

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

Turkey internet servers under sustained cyber attack: internet body
Turkish internet servers have suffered one of the most intense cyberattacks ever seen in the country over the past week, raising fears Ankara ...

Cock.li e-mail server seized by German authorities, admin announces
(credit: Vincent Canfield ) In a new video statement posted on Monday, the administrator of novelty e-mail provider cock.li announced that one ...

Amazon deal: Save $85 on this Sony portable wireless server
Smartphones' memory storage gets filled so quickly these days thanks to photos, videos and more, so get yourself a handy portable wireless server ...

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

Applebee’s Server Returns $32,000 In Cash Family Accidentally Left On The Table
... and scored a huge tip from some abnormally generous person, and you figure the money is yours to keep. Or, if you’re like one Applebee’s server ...

Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’
Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’

Facebook, Google server outsourcing strategy change expected to impact profitability for ODMs
Facebook is planning to add Wiwynn, a server subsidiary of Wistron, as a new datacenter server supplier, joining its primary supplier Quanta ...

Hillary Clinton's private server had two 'top secret' emails
Those concerns that Hillary Clinton's private email server had classified intel? They're apparently well-founded. Sources for Fox News and Politico ...

CTERA Unveils Server Data Protection for Enterprise CloudOps
The data protection solution evolves the backup capabilities developed as part of the company’s Enterprise File Services Platform.