pass client textbox value to a server side textbox

Hi

Does anyone know how in javascript to pass a client side textbox value to a server side textbox?

Thanks in advance.

Graham.
0
netdocs

An asp textbox is a resular textbox. so you do it the same way.

document.formName.elementName.value = document.formName.elementName2.value;

One thing to note is that the asp textbox is going to have a slightly different name then what you named it.

Eric
Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn
0
A1ien51

passing data to a server side textbox from client side script
Qu: passing data to a server side textbox from client side java script.Does anyone know how to do this?Thanks,Graham. Remember that when you view an aspx page in your browser, you are viewing straight html code (view the source).  Thus, access the textbox as you would a normal <input type="text> tag.HTH, rchern.Churned Ajax ToolkitPlease choose "Mark as Answer" for the posts that lead you to a solution....

How to Encrypt the value of textbox in client side and Decrypt it in server side?
How to Encrypt the value of textbox in client side and Decrypt it in server side? THere is no use in decrypting ur content @ client side since a normal user can view the decrytion logic when he takes 'view source' option 'SSL' technology is used in this situations. SreejithSreejithhttp://tips4dotnet.blogspot.com/ Sreejith: he did not ask to decrypt it on client-side! Take a loot at this article on the Cryptography application block: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms954823Josh Stodola ← Come check out my blog! Another good article: http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/VB.Net...

textbox value set on client side, is not visible on server side or, on the source of the page.
hi, I have a textbox on my webform. the first time I load my page I fill this textbox with  "name" on the server side. once the page is loaded I set the value of the textbox to "thisIsme" with client side code. I even see a different text in the texbox. client side:document.all('txtnameInput').value =  'thisIsme'; server side:Me.txtnaam.Text 'is stil "name" and not "thisIsme" Why is this happening? on the webpage I see the text "thisIsme", but when I look at the source of the webpage I still see the old value in it. it's very odd... I am NOT setting the value back to "name...

How to pass the client side values to server side?
 hello to All,Actually i wanna implement a code like... a string in HTML textbox retrieve in server side control....suppose i hv a HTML control <input type="text" id="txtHTML"/>, and dis control  txtHTML.text="abc".now i want to retrieve dis client side string "abc" in d server side textbox named "txtASP"...which hs a property runat="server"so please give me an idea how to pass values from client side to server side.... hope u understand a problem... sam.  You could do this <input type="text"...

How to pass values from client side to server side
Hi, Is there a way to transfer variable from a client loop to a server loop. For example: var clitest = 'test'; Now I would like to get test variable from javascript into a server string variable <% sertest = ?? %> I understand that this can be done by storing a variable into a hidden control for example and than access it using server side, but when I have to transfer an array for example it get's a little more complicated. I was wondering is there more efficient approach? You can't transfer arrays, only strings. To workaround this problem pass delimited stri...

passing client side variable value to server side
 i have a grid and  by click on the rows, the onrowclick event is fired on client side. I want to pass the row index to the server side. As there are not sessions variables in javascript so i am stuck to pass the row to the server side.. I have made a texbox and set its valueto the index in the onrowclick event but when refresh calls, the text box became empty as the value set is on client side, i want page to persistthe value,  How can i do that? Tel me some way passing the row index to the server side?? Hi, You can call GridView_SelectedIndexChanging event on row click ev...

how to pass values from client side to server side #2
Hi Guys....               This is Aani....I'm using ASP.NET in C# language.i have created one webpage for get input from user(from java script inputbox).i want that entered data in server side operations.how can i pass that value from client side server side.i need proper code in C# language.reply me soon... Thanks is Advanced... Regards....Aani plz use hidden field.ur assing values to text boxes through java script. before post back call a java scipt function to assign value to hodden fieed. even u can add these ...

Problem passing value client-side to server-side
I have a page that calls a pop-up while passing an encrypted value via a query string. The value is encrypted on the parent client-side in javascript so it needs to be decrypted client-side as well. This decryption occurs on closing the child (popup) and I am at a loss of when and how I should get this value to the server-side. On the popup you just want to process server side code? Anytime you can access for example the raw url:string raw = Page.Request.RawUrl;If you need to access any values on the client side you can access the url using javascript. Another idea is to, on the code beh...

Data format in TextBox in both Server side and Client side?
HI,      I have a GridView which shows data in TextBox.      I was wondering if there is a way to do data format (Currency) like $12,203.00. I need it working in server side (for existing data) and client side (for new data or changed data). What I mean about client side is data automatically formatted after data is keyed in.     Thanks for your help. Hi you can use MaskEdit in AjaxControlToolkit please check here http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/MaskedEdit/MaskedEdit.aspx this is a cool control. Hope it...

repeater with textboxes. how to read the textbox values on client side
Hi  I have a data bounded repeater with text boxes attached. How can I read the values of the textboxes using javascript?? Could not find a proper link.. Appreciate any solution , thanks     The repeater will add a prefix to each textboxes ID to ensure uniqueness.  The following function will loop through all textboxes of the repeater, and if the ID of the given textbox contains the string specified, the it will consider it a match and you can access it's value property easily.  Here is the function: function textboxFinder() { var repeater =...

How to pass param values from server side to client side scripts
Hi, I have a page containing a datagrid with a list of geographic positions of interesting places. Users can filter this grid. Clicking an item the system displays the place on a map using MS Virtual Earth map component that exposes a client side javascript api. My problem is that the filtering is done on server side, but the map runs on client side. So during page load, I need to create long strings containing complex javascript codes on the server side, and add it as an event handler attribute to my components. This causes a lot of problems, for exemple...

Passing a value from server side to client side without postback
My problem exactly is that on my aspx.vb code-behind, I can update the field using HiddenField ID = "hidSessionTimeout" Code-Behind: on Page_LoadhidSessionTimeout.Value = HttpContext.Current.Session.Timeout on ChangeTimeOutValue()hidSessionTimeout.Value = 5  Client-Side: var x= document.getElementById("hidSessionTimeout"); It seems that the javascript cannot get the latest updated value... Any ideas?    Any Workaround solution? did u keep the page load code in if(!IsPostBack)pavankumar geljian_a:  Client-Side:  var...

Client side code to pass values to server side variable?
Hi there, I have ListBox_SelectedTextChanged() method that creates another list box in the runtime as follows: // Get Action Level List lbxActionLevel = new ListBox();lbxActionLevel.ID = "ddlA" + i.ToString(); lbxActionLevel.Width = 100; lbxActionLevel.Rows = 2;SqlDataReader dr = new BusinessLogicLayer().bllGetActionLevels(); lbxActionLevel.Items.Clear();while (dr.Read()) {ListItem lAction = new ListItem(); lAction.Text = dr.GetString(1).Trim();lAction.Value = Convert.ToString(dr.GetInt32(0)); lbxActionLevel.Items.Add(lAction); lbxActionLevel.SelectedIndex = 0; } I ...

server side control passing value of self in client side function
I have a server side dropdownlist control.It contains values as:"#00FFFF""#FF00FF""#FFFF00"When the selectedindex is changed by the client I want to assign the value of the dropdownlist to a <div id="example"></div> evelement.pseudo:document.getElementbyId('example').bgcolor=dropdownlist.valueHow can I do this? I think I somehow need to attach a function to my dropdownlist which passes its own value as a parameter to a function...any suggestions?Thanks!please mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that isnt in the post already. You ...

Web resources about - pass client textbox value to a server side textbox - asp.net.client-side

Aqua (user interface) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aqua is the GUI and primary visual theme of Apple Inc. 's OS X operating system . It is based around the theme of water, as its name suggests, ...

Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
WP:RFCU redirects here. You may be looking for Wikipedia:Requests for comment/User conduct ( WP:RFC/U ), CheckUser policy ( Wikipedia:CheckUser ...

Help - Identi.ca
Identi.ca is a social service . Users can post short(140 character) status messages which are broadcast totheir friends and colleagues on the ...

City of Whitehorse, YT : Contact
Employment - Bylaws - Document Library - FAQ - Contact Us Search Query Textbox Home Home About Whitehorse Notify Me Contact Us Employee Links ...

www.asianewsphoto.com Help
Help for uploading pictures Noun explanation Group pictures: a basic unit which stands for a piece of news photo in system; include: information ...

Metamorphose: All-In-One File/Folder Renamer For Windows, Mac & Linux
Previously, we’ve reviewed many batch file-renaming applications like ReNamer (read review), NameChanger (read review), File Grinder (read review) ...

How to build a Twitter extension for Chrome
Ars takes a close look at the Chrome Web browser's new extension system. In …

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- RSS
... RSS Service, please follow the instructions below. STEP 1. Select the product to subscribe. STEP 2. The RSS link will be shown on the Textbox ...

authonomy writers and readers - Daniel Escurel Occeno's profile - authonomy writing community
... of the Point Guard”. It is entered in www.textnovel.com writing contest.In the TEXTNOVEL website simply type in “Lee Chon” in the textbox search ...

Baseball Prospectus
Forgot Your Password? Enter your username in the textbox below. Username: If you don't remember your username, please contact Customer Service ...