Opening New Window without Title bar & Frames of Internet explorer, & want to set opacity as 50% to internet explorer.

Hi, All

This post is related to opening new window  as pop up window with the help of javascript.

Syntax is like: -  window.open('url to open','window name','attribute1,attribute2')

 where : -

attribute1,attribute2'
As with alot of other things, we have a choice of attributes you can adjust.

we can use these attributes to open window as we want.

now my problem start...

in my case :- i dont want title bar which can be done by setting full screen property to true; which doesnt solve my problem, i want my window size as (200,200).

That means i want to open new window without any frame or title bar of internet explorer.

Next Thing i want to give opacity as 50% to that window. Means Internet Explorer window wil be little bit transparent.

can any one help me in this????? Thanks to all of u in advance.

0
dhiru_b25

You cannot open a new browser window without a title bar. That restriction is there for security reasons. Neither can you change the opacity of the browser window, sorry.

But perhaps there are other ways to achieve what you want. Depending on your requirements, you could open a div as a popup (within the page) and you have full control over its styling and opacity. But this is of course only within the browser window.

johram
5/18/2008 9:50:41 PM
Why don;t you just use an iframe on the parent page? Window will not have to toolbars and you can try to set the opacity of the element.

Eric
Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn
0
A1ien51
5/19/2008 5:01:18 AM

hii,

  You can use the ModalPopupExtender control to show an page or a panel in a modalpopup dialog window.

You can refer the videos out here .

cheers mate,

vijay

vijay
0
elegantkvc

Internet Explorer (Open New Window Links not working & javascript)
Hey folks, does anyone have any experience with the Microsoft Internet Explorer problem that will not allow links to open; in a new window; open from Outlook Express; in javascript windows. I've checked out the Microsoft Knowledge Base, but their solution is somewhat useless and petty. Thanks you guys.... Markos ...

Open internet explorer from .NET applet without additional security settings
Hi, I have an ActiveX object written in .NET 2.0 that is hosted in an ASP.NET page. Since we want to have the processing power of the local machine, we have choosen for an ActiveX object. Now we need to be able to open a new internet explorer window to display results. It is possible to do this via the process.start but this requires permissions. Is there a way to open an internet explorer window from inside the .NET ActiveX object. I was thinking about sending some JavaScript code to the host but I don't know whether this is possible from inside an ActiveX object. I know, it seems a st...

How to open a window PB in new window of Internet Explorer?
Hi, How to open a window PB in new window of Internet Explorer? ...

TABSTRIP && internet explorer 7
Hello, I have a tabstrip I see it well in iexplore 6 but with iexplore 7 I seet it bad somebody knows why? Thanks!!   Regards...

Get rid of "Windows Internet Explorer" in title of new IE window..
Does anyone know how that is done :) ...Page.Title only adds to the title of the window  NuwandaYou learn from experience, everything else is just information.  get rid of this post maybe? :)You learn from experience, everything else is just information. Nuwanda: Does anyone know how that is done :) ...Page.Title only adds to the title of the window Nuwanda Hi Nuwand, As far as I know, it is not possible to achieve this for the reason the title 'Microsoft Internet Explorer' is set in the Internet Explorer itself and a web page has no permission to chang...

in vb.net how to open a file from file download prompt without asking user to save it or run it....just open it in internet explorer
I am designing a VB.NET based website I have a hyperlink, upon clicking on it a "File Download" prompt opens which asks me whether I want to "Save" the file, "Open"   But I want it to directly open in Internet Explorer without showing the prompt.... How can i do this? It should not show any prompt... when i click on the hyperlink....it should directly open in a new IE window.... Thanks....   Try this  Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline; filename=Log_" & activityLogID & ".xml") th...

How to access the security settings under Internet Options of Internet Explorer through Visual Studio .NET 2003?
Hi guys, Recently I'm facing a rather headache problem in maintaining the a system developed in Visual Studio .NET 2003. There is a report module where the system will export the report from MS SQL to Excel. However, this happens to be functioning intermittenly. I notice that the Security Settings under Internet Options is always changed by either someone or the other programs running on the system. Therefore, I'm thinking of asking around for your experts helps on whether it is possible to have the ASP. NET or VB .NET to set the desired settings for the Security Settings of the Internet ...

Windows Vista, Office 12 & The Internet Explorer 7
Attend a Developer Conference This November, Microsoft is unveiling innovative new changes for the developer community. Join thousands of other Microsoft developers from around the world to learn about the exciting opportunities in developing software for Windows Vista at DevConnections in Las Vegas, or TechEd: Developers in Barcelona, Spain. You’ll learn about the breadth of solutions available on the new Windows Vista platform and 2007 Office system. In addition to compelling keynotes from Microsoft leaders, you can choose from hundreds of breakout sessions to stay on the cutting ...

30 New Internet Explorer 8 Help & How To Articles
""With the release of Internet Explorer 8, Microsoft has provided 30 new help and how to articles which can help you in using this new web browser as well as troubleshooting compatibility and performance issues. http://www.askvg.com/30-new-internet-explorer-8-help-how-to-articles/ "" -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

Internet explorer cannot open the internet site
Hi!!! I need help.  My problem is that i have a .net page with AjaxControl, manys updatePanel, generally i can see the page from the clients (vista, xp, win server 2003) but some times in a paticular machine, i have this error: Internet explorer cannot open the internet site mywebapplication Operation aborted and the javascript error is: line: 2829char: 23Error: Sys.ArgumentException: Value must not be null for controls and behaviors.parameter name: Elementcode 0 but in others computers i dont have the error. the computer with the error is the server, windows server 2003 servi...

Internet Explorer is now Windows Explorer
I have Zone Alarm and in the past when I click on IE 5.5 it opens my browser, connects to the internet and shows up as the IE icon in Zone alarm. Recently I installed Morpheus file sharing program and then subsequently deleted it. Now however, unless I allow Windows Explorer access to the internet, I cannot surf. Once I allow it, everything works normally. I also notice that the IE icon is not in Zone alarm, just the Windows Explorer icon. I am wondering what I can do to get things back to normal or if its just really an annoyance to be ignored. -- Lauri :) ...

Using C# code behind to open a new Internet Explorer window
I'm using the Response object to stream pdf document to the browser when a user hits a particular button on a page. This is working correctly, however the pdf opens in the same browser window. How do I open a new (second) browser window and stream the output to this new window? Thanks! You have to use client side code (javascript) to open a new IE window. You can call the javascript after server side code executed.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Hi, first check out this code sample: Open a popup window after a button click After reading you...

Internet Explorer window freezes when trying to expand or shrink explorer window
I have noticed that whenever I try to expand or shrink the explorer window when viewing a page with the TabContainer Control, that it complely locks me up.  I have to end the process to get back access to the computer. Any ideas? JAYHAWKER: I have noticed that whenever I try to expand or shrink the explorer window when viewing a page with the TabContainer Control, that it complely locks me up.  I have to end the process to get back access to the computer. Base on my experience, perhaps it cause of the third party plug-ins, please desiable the third party plug-ins, and try ag...

XULRunner popup/new window closes previous session and opens the login page in Internet Explorer
Hi, I am using the 38.0beta9 build for Windows 64-bit XULRunner, but I am s= tuck at a point in windows. Whenever my application tries to open a new win= dow or a popup, I get the login page in the popup and the previous Xulrunne= r session gets closed. I am not getting it, whether it is a problem related= to session management or popup related. Everything works well for linux. I= t is only in windows where I am getting this issue. And the new login scree= n/popup opens in an Internet Explorer instead of XULRunner. I am using SWT4= ..4.2 ...

Web resources about - Opening New Window without Title bar & Frames of Internet explorer, & want to set opacity as 50% to internet explorer. - asp.net.client-side

Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... government networks of local to global scope, linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless, and optical networking technologies. The Internet ...

Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link several billion ...

Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link several billion ...

Internets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Internets ", also known as " The Internets ", is a Bushism -turned- catchphrase used humorously to portray the speaker as ignorant about the ...

Internet Evolution - The Macrosite for News, Analysis, and Opinion about the Future of the Internet
The next big leap forward in the history of the Internet is happening now: Internet Evolution (www.internetevolution.com) is a Web 2.0 online ...

Internet Explorer officially dies, but is your workplace ready to it let go?
Wednesday marked the day when Microsoft finally ended support for older versions of its archaic web browser, Internet Explorer. But not everybody ...

What Makes Internet Users Surrender Personal Data?
What do Internet users expect in return for sharing their personal data? A new report from Pew Research Center sought to answer that question. ...

Valve deploys 100Gbps Internet ports to handle 75% traffic growth
Steam's most recent usage data. (credit: Valve ) Valve is upgrading its network infrastructure with 100Gbps Internet ports to keep pace with ...

Prediction #7: Internet of Things becomes a security nightmare
This one is simple a confluence of anti-hacking paranoia combined with the Internet of Things (IoT), which will lead to any number of really, ...

Warning: All but one version of Internet Explorer will now be left open to attacks
Are you running an old version of Windows or reading this article in an old version of Microsoft's popular web browser, Internet Explorer ? It's ...