Need some AJAX help!

Hi there everybody.

I have an old application which uses http-equiv="refresh" meta tag to refresh the page every 30 seconds so I can check if new data exists or not and if so I can display it. I wanna replace it by AJAX so I can get rid of nasty refreshes. Any straightforward method for this by AJAX?

- What's God?
- You know when you need something really bad, and you close your eyes and wish for it really hard ... ... well, God is the guy who ignores you.
0
Xeronith

Your question is too generic, plz explain it more clearly.
But for now there are 2 simple ways:

1. To put the part you need to refresh into an iframed page, and use the refresh meta in that page.
2. If you are using asp.net2.0, apply atlas and wrap what you wanna update in an update panel and use javascript to set a timer to trigger something that updates it~

你好! Just FYI o_O
0
Gordon

Need help converting a C#/.NET method into client-side (javascript) function
Hey Guys, I have implemented an AJAX Toolkit CalendarExtender.  I have a method 'CheckDate' in javascript (followed a tut!) that checks to see if the user selected a date > DateTime.Now(). Well, I have a few other things to check but not sure how to do them in javascript, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.  I mean, i can somewhat convert it but it'll be too mangled, I'd rather learn the right way.  I'm attaching the code and any help will be appreciated.  1 protected string CheckDateErrors(string dateGiven) 2 ...

Checkbox onclick - need to listen for state change on client side
I need to see if a checkbox is clicked straight away. Is there anyway in doing that? I'm guessing javascript or html (something client side), although, it might be able to be done in c#?!? When someone clicks it, I need to change some pictures - pretty basic really, but I'm a ASP.NET/C#/HTML/Javascript noob. Many Thanks Set AutoPostback on the CheckBox to true.  Then you can do it in C#.Steve Wellens My blog...

Need help in javascript dropdownlist, redirect page to carry parameters from client side to server side.
Hi experts,   I wrote asp.net web pages for company's portal, however, when I put the pages to the portal, the code conflicts with javascript on autopostback, so that the dropdownlist never do autopostback but give an IE Error: __EventTarget is null or not an object.After I searched the internet, I found people think this is a bug in asp.net 1.1 version.So, I want to change the asp:dropdownlist to a client side javascript control by using <Select><option></option></Select> but I have no experience on javascript.Here is what I want to do, and I need help ...

Do i need a .Net framework on the client side?
Hello all, Can anyone tell me if there is a .Net framework needed on the client side when want to run an ASP .Net web application? Or will it generate plain html that only requires an Internet browser? Or is it dependent on the version of ASP.Net (1.0, 1.1, 2.0?)   Thanks!   AlbertWeeda     There is no need for the .NET framework to be on the client computer to access your web applications.ASP.NET Websites renders into HTML so all your client needs is a HTML web browser.  you don't need it. and it generates plain html that only requires an Intern...

.Net Framework needed on the client side?
Hi, Do I need to install the .Net Framework to be able to view .aspx files or just need a browser supporting .aspx files? Thanks HI No, u dont need to install the .net framework the browser is enough. Regards. Hi, ASP.NET webforms and controls that you use emit HTML. This is a markup language that a browser understands. So no, a browser is the only thing needed on the client when viewing webapplications built with ASP.NET. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

hi i need help in client side scripting
i have placed a drop down list in that i have two values..if i select the 1st value then a textbox's enabled property must be changed to false or else truethis must be written in client side scriptI am working in vs2003 regardsvijai  get the dropdownlist and set its property to false. as follows in javascript as you mentioned client-side ddl = document.getElementsByTagName('select'); //loop in ddl.length for (i=0-;i<ddl.length;i++){//check the name if you want..as well..by if (ddl[i].id.indexOf("ddl")>-1)    document.getElementById(&quo...

From UpdatePanels to Client-Side Ajax
Greetings ASP.NET Ajax Developers.  I have a project I'm working on and although I know that everything I want to do is possible, there seem to be some pieces missing in the online documentation.  I totally welcome any and all advice and direction this community can provide me: old forum posts, other online resources, or sample code.  Everything. Background I'm trying to replace an Access front-end with a web-based front-end.  Ultimately this thing will have tabbed views, like on the main ajax.asp.net page, with each record spanning all the tabs, but for now I need to c...

Client vs. Server Side AJAX.Net
I am curious to know what the advantages and disadvantages are to using the client side declarative style AJAX controls vs. the server side.  I can't seem to think of too many reasons why I would go to the client side libraries when I can use all the power of ASP.NET (debugging, compiling, controls) and just wrap them in a UpdatePanel.   It also seems kind of counter productive to use the client side libraries because they don't utilize all the cool new developments of ASP.NET.  Am  I missing something?  Do the client AJAX libraries give you m...

Need help with Javascript for Client side validation
fHi wondering if anyone can help, I need some custom validation on my page to ensure that a user either ticks a checkbox, or enters text into a textbox before they move onto another view. I am using JavaScript for clientside validation. I have the following code, however every time I test it. I get the error: Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object required. Very New to JavaScript and really dunno how to solve this problem. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, HayleyFunction IsValid(source, args) { var chkbx2 = document.getElementById("CheckBox2"); var textbox = documen...

Good articles on client-side callbacks in .net AJAX?
Not sure where to put this so sorry if its in the wrong place.  I have just watched the video - "Make Client-Side Network Callbacks with ASP.NET AJAX?" (http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-79.aspx ). Which is very helpful but I would like to know more about doing this. Anyone know of any good articles/sites with information on client-side callbacks in .NET AJAX? I can find plenty of articles on other implementations of AJAX but none for the asp.net AJAX. Cheers for any help. Hi,and welcome to the ASP.NET forums.You're going to find a lot of interesting artic...

Using AJAX and client side scripting with .NET objects?
I'm wanting to use client-side scripting and AJAX with some drop down boxes.  I can't seem to do this with server-side .NET objects... changing the runat tag doesn't do anything either.  How can I expose .NET server objects so that they are affected by java script and AJAX? Depends on what, exactly, you're trying to do with them.  If you just need access to the html properties (e.g. selectedValue), then you simply grab them as if they were their html equivilants (select element) in javascript.  If you want to pass custom properties back and forth (or any .Net property ...

Need help with validation within ModalPopupExtender from AJAX .NET Toolkit
I have a user control that is included in the popup control panel of a ModalPopupExtender.  I have validators within the user control that work but do not display the error msg.  The code below is a simplistic version, but nonetheless what I'm trying to accomplish.  Any suggestions as to why the rvDeficiencyCost ErrorMessage does not show would be greatly appretiated.  I've tried messing with the z-index, and searched all over the web with no luck. Thanks,Kevin uc3 ascx Code:<asp:Panel runat="server" HorizontalAlign="Center" CssClass="modalPopupExtender">&...

Help
there are two callback function in my application say DDL1, DDL2, DDL3 in case of DDL1 changes, populate DDL2's options populate DDL3' options if DDL2 changes currently, it works fine,  now i want when DDL1 changes, after DDL2 is populated, automatical start populate DDL3, so what i did is as following <javascript> function GetDDL2Data(message, context){} function ReceivedDDL2Data(message, context){GetDDL3Data(message, null)} function GetDDL3Data(message, context){} function ReceivedDDL3Data(message, context){} </javascript> <select id="DDL1" on...

Need help with WCF Ajax service that can be called from client with json\javascript.
I was able to successfully set this up in my development environment by adding the web services to the same project as my client pages.  I am now trying to connect to a different web services outside of my project that is being hosted in IIS.   If i open a browser and type in the url for the .svc file everything looks fine, I can even append the \js and the proxy code is generated.  However on my client side I get erros in my javascript code "object doesn't support this property or method"  Below I have pasted my javascript, scriptmanager, interface c...

Need help in installing VSS server and client, VS.NET 2003 and VS2005
Hello,     Here is the brief explanation of my environment. I have quite a number of applications developed using VS.NET 2003. When these applications were devloeped there was no VSS installed or used at all as a code repository. Now we have bought MSDN premium subscription so we got VS.NET 2005 and also VSS 2005 and a whole lot of other software as wel.      All the application that were developed using VS.NET 2003 sitting on the same box where they were developed. Now I also got a brand new development box where I will be installing my VS.NET 2005 and VSS 2005 ...

Web resources about - Need some AJAX help! - asp.net.client-side

Help - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
United States Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions , commonly abbreviated "H.E.L.P." Text is available under the Creative ...

Poll: Help us choose the award winner for Apple Product of the Year 2015!
... MacBook Pro Visit 9to5Mac to find more special coverage of AAPL Company , iOS Devices , and iPhone . What do you think? Discuss "Poll: Help ...

7 apps to help keep holiday traveling fun
... the other holiday events happening. Fortunately, our iOS devices can make mincemeat of worries and keep holiday traveling fun, with the help ...

New solution helps enterprises manage web applications
... environment, ensuring IT teams stay in control of OS, Java and browser patches. It can also identify unused applications and add-ons, helping ...

How Google, Facebook and Twitter help governments fight ISIS extremism online
... its cause. But it’s not just hackers and volunteers that get the job done. Companies like Google , Facebook , and Twitter, are actively helping ...

"White House officials said Sunday that they hoped to enlist the help of Silicon Valley executives to ...
"While that seems sensible, the recent attacks in California and Paris should not be used as a pretext to mandate a weakening in encryption technology ...

Google just launched a new way to help you stay on top of your to-do lists
Google wants to help you stop making to-do lists where nothing gets crossed out. For all the G-Cal users out there, the company just launched ...

First U.S. penis transplants planned to help wounded vets
Doctors hope the procedure will help troops who suffered genital injuries during combat

These orphan funds need your help
When people die without leaving instructions for their donor advised funds account, problems can arise.