jQuery DatePicker & AJAX Modal Popup Extender

Hi all,

 I have an app that uses the ASP.NET AJAX Modal Popup Extender for editing data.  Currently the date field text boxes are using the AJAX Calendar Extender for usablity, but I would like to change these fields to use the jQuery DatePicker UI.  However, when I attempt to use the jQuery option, the date picker popups up behind the modal being displayed, making it unusable.  I have tried to adjust the z-Index for both the modal control and the modify the jQuery CSS theme's z-Index, but niether fixed the problem.  Any suggestions?

 Thanks,

Ryan A.

0
ryguy61

HI ryguy61

Actually, we don't suggest you use other AJAX frameworks and ASP.Net Ajax on the same site or on the same page.

Because of the architecture of these two Ajax client libraries is different. If you mix them up together, the different architectures may generate JavaScript conflict.

In this scenario, I suggest you use CalendarExtendar instead of jQuery DatePicker:

http://www.asp.net/ajax/ajaxcontroltoolkit/Samples/Calendar/Calendar.aspx

Thanks

Lance Zhang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Lance
5/4/2009 7:04:17 AM

That is completely do-able, there is one issue however.  The CalendarExtender controls are using a image calendar as the PopupControlId, instead of the actual textbox it is bound to.  When you click on the calendar image the calendar pops, however to hide the claendar you either have to select on a date or click on the image that the calendar is using to pop up.  Is there a way to create an "OnBlur" event to hide the calendar if the user clicks outside of the calendar being displayed?

Thanks,

Ryan A.

0
ryguy61
5/4/2009 6:09:19 PM

Hi ryguy61,

I suggest you to use free javascript calendar like

http://www.calendarxp.net/

It will not conflict with AJAX Framework library the way jQyery use of $ conflicts.

Please mark as Answer if it helps u. Thanks!

Parth Patel
Techsture Technologies
Software Developer
Ahmedabad
0
Coool

Modal popup extender inside another modal popup extender
Hi all,  I would like to know if this is possible. Lets say a have a page with modalpopup extender and with update panel. Onto that modal popup extender I dynamically and with async postback load a UserControlA. That UserControlA also contains modal popup extender and updatepanel, which loads UserControlBdynamically (sort of  modal popup inheritance:) ) Is this at least possible in theory? To show another modalpopup in the first modalpopup? Because right now, trigerring modalpopup in UserControlA, modalpopup in page closes  UI would be something like this: The problem...

How to Pass Information from Server-Side Code to Client-Side Code in AJAX Control Extender?
Hi All,For some reason I can't get the following to work: I have a custom AJAX Control Extender with a few getters and setters. I also have some images I want to use with the extender saved in a resource file. How to I make the respective image URLs available to the javascript of the extender? Are there any examples available?Thanks![Update: renamed the subject to something more appropriate.]  Perhaps I can clarify a bit:I have set up a getter and setter to set the image URL from the resource file: 1 [ExtenderControlProperty] 2 public string CoverURL 3 { 4 get...

ajax modal popup extender
Hi! Is there a way to show the item that is about to be deleted in the modal popup delete confirmation? Like instead of saying: Are you sure u want 2 delete this item, I need to say Do u want 2 delete ThisFile.PDF? Thanks! You could use the ConfirmButtonExtender that has the ConfirmText set to append the item's name to the end of your confirm 'are you sure' message. I did a little post on using the ConfirmButtonExtender with a data grid that might be helpful. http://rampidbyter.com/post/ASPNet-Gridview-using-JavaScript-Confirm()-dialog.aspx_____________________________________...

AJAX Modal Popup Extender
Hi,    Is AJax modal popup extender works in UserControl?  I put them in there, the error say "Overflow stack".  If it works in usercontrol, do I have to put scriptproxy in there too.  Can anyone give some sample code for this.   Thanks,  Hi,It can be used in UserControl. And it's not necessary to use a scriptProxy. Here is a sample:[UserContrl]  <%@ Control Language="C#" ClassName="WebUserControl" %> <script runat="server"> </script> <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat...

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

Error in Ajax modal popup extender
I met one JS issue when i clicked the button in the modal popup extender window. The error is  "Microsoft JScript runtime error : Sys.InvalidOperationException : Handler was not added through the Sys.UI.DomEvent.addHandler method"   <asp:Button ID="btnShowPopup" runat="server" Style="visibility:hidden" /> <ajaxToolkit:ModalPopupExtender ID="mdlPopup" runat="server" BackgroundCssClass="modalBackground" CancelControlID=&qu...

Problem in Ajax PopUp Modal Extender?
How to use ajax PopUpModal Extender in Asp.net 2.0?What are the Requirments?How to Use?Sample Code if any? Hi! You can watch the video here: http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-85.aspxYou can find setup instructions here: http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/Walkthrough/Setup.aspxYou'll also find SampleWebSite folder with sample code in the extensions package....

jQuery Modal popup and AJAX UpdatePanel
Hi all, Can someone explain to me why controls in an ajax-updatepanel don't work when I use jQuery to popup this updatepanel? If I use AJAX modalpopup-extender instead of the jQuery one, it works. With jQuery popup, no calls to the code-behind are made at all. The jQuery Modal Popup I use:http://www.ericmmartin.com/simplemodal/ Thanks in advance Have any code to show us? Hard to just guess. Also some details as to it just doesn't work may be helpfull. How does it not work? It doesn't come up? Or it comes up but the update panel isn't being triggered?  How are you ad...

Modal Popup Extender & Postback
Is there a way to keep the Modal Popup Displayed while postback happens? I have modal popup with a search textbox and search button and dataview. User will use this popup to type in their search word and click search to display records in the dataview. I would like to have the modal popup displayed when they hit the search button but right now it closes and I have to show it again using the server side code. Thanks. use html button instead of server control. Santosh kumarMark as Answer on the post that helped you.Blog Place the Dataview inside update panel.so that time it wont do ...

Modal Popup extender & ObjectContainerDataSource
I m using a user control which internally contains a formview which is binded with ObjectContainerDataSource. If i use this user control in master page its working fine and even events of ObjectContainerDataSource is also raising.But if add User control inside a Modalpoup Extender which is in master page,then the events of ObjectContainerDataSource is not raising.So can any one help me out in solving this problem. ...

Modal Popup Extender server side code
I have a survey form that uses multiple dropdowns that are popullated from a sql table. I put an add button next to each dropdown. When the add button is clicked, the modal popup extender displaying graying out the page. The popup has one text box , an OK button and a CANCEL button. When text is entered into the textbox and the user clicks ok. I want the the text value to be added to the sql table and the dropdown to refresh with the value in it. I can't execute any server side code from the "ADD' button or the button in the popup. I thought the server side code from the ...

Client vs. Server Side AJAX.Net
I am curious to know what the advantages and disadvantages are to using the client side declarative style AJAX controls vs. the server side.  I can't seem to think of too many reasons why I would go to the client side libraries when I can use all the power of ASP.NET (debugging, compiling, controls) and just wrap them in a UpdatePanel.   It also seems kind of counter productive to use the client side libraries because they don't utilize all the cool new developments of ASP.NET.  Am  I missing something?  Do the client AJAX libraries give you m...

how to use ajax toolkit modal popup extender ?
hi all,          Im having button column inside a gridview..when i click the button , modalpopup  should open.          also i ll enter some value in a textbox and click submit or cancel inside pop up..           how to get this by clicking the button which is inside the grid..   thanks.. hi all,          Im having button column inside a gridview..when i click the button , modalpopup  should open.  &n...

trying to do something with ajax modal popup extender
Dear all,I want to test the power of ajax..iam using modal popup extender.its popup control id = panel "panel1"inside panel1 there is a textfield, validation control "required1",btnSave and btnCancel...what i want to do is when the btnSave is clicked then the validation process is performed and afterwards the record should be stored in database..i will use classes i.e. dal and bll to call stored procedure..Is it possible to achieve this....Anxiously lookin forward for sggestions... thanks and regards    what i want to do is when  hi!here is some exam...

Web resources about - jQuery DatePicker & AJAX Modal Popup Extender - asp.net.client-side

JQuery Datepicker – Selecting just Month or Year
... Most date pickers aren’t set to handle this case, and I didn’t really want to write one from scratch. We were already using the JQuery Datepicker ...

Chico UI - API Documentation
Chico UI Blog UI Widgets API Docs Learning guides Download Search: API Documentation Updated on Fri Jul 06 2012 , generated by JsDoc Toolkit ...

Examples - AlloyUI
AlloyUI is a framework built on top of YUI3 that provides a simple API for building high scalable applications.

Zino - jQuery Slider plugin
Zino is jQuery Slider plugin, image and content slider, banner rotator with slideshow capabilities.

@Html and beyond
... htmlhelper does the real work. Using my name in the Html-attributes. I can also build third party controls here. Here’s a Telerik datepicker: ...

Collective - Codrops
Codrops About Archives Contact us Deals & Offers Tutorials Web Design Playground Collective Rss Feed Email Updates Codrops on Twitter Codrops ...

DailyWP Help Center
The help center for all DailyWP customers

borisyankov/DefinitelyTyped · GitHub
DefinitelyTyped - The repository for high quality TypeScript type definitions.