Javascript popup function working in debug mode and not working on IIS

Hi all,

There is a GridView with anchors as for image buttons. They show aspx pages as popup windows. the way this happens is throuh a <div> in the page with visibility: hidden. the aspx pages show in this <div>. Three of the popup functions use the same approach generally and are working fine in debug mode. When I post the site one of them isn't showing the window. Now I am not very good with javascript so I suppose that I am missing something.

function ShowPriceForYou(e, item_id, measure_id, qty, postGroup_id){
    var pageX = getMouseXPos(e);
    var pageY = getMouseYPos(e);
    document.getElementById("divShowPrice").style.visibility = "visible";
    document.getElementById("divShowPrice").style.top = pageY - 1;
    document.getElementById("divShowPrice").style.left = pageX - 1;
    var url = "PricePopUp.aspx?item_id=" + item_id + "&measure_id=" + measure_id + "&quantity=" + qty +"&vatProdPostingGroup=" + postGroup_id;
    //alert(url);
    request.open("GET", url, true);
      request.onreadystatechange = priceResponse;
     request.send(null);

the function for the mouse position looks like this:

function getMouseXPos(e) {
  if (document.layers||ns6) {
    return parseInt(e.pageX+10)
  } else {
    return (parseInt(e.clientX+10) + parseInt(document.body.scrollLeft))
  }
}

this is for the visualisation of the <div>

function priceResponse(){
    if (request.readyState == 4) {
        if(request.status == 200){
            var result = GetDocumentTableContent(request.responseText);
            document.getElementById("divShowPrice").innerHTML = result;
        }
    }
}

The aspx page that is the popup window is simply appearing empty (when I put border on it - a small square is appearing - it means the controls inside are notvisualized). the connection string passed as well as the arguments are fine. Is there a difference that I should be taking care of when I am posting the site? Because if everything works fine in debug ... I simply cannot see the problem, if anyone can help, please.

Regards,

Zhivko

Bulgaria
0
joppo

how to make javascript popup works even if javascript is disabled in client-side?
Hi  I noticed that in hotmail ajax version page. When I disable javascript in my browser and click "Delete" button without selecting any email messages, a alert popup still pops up ( I'm assuming it's javascript popup). Could anyone tell me how this could be done in asp.net?  Thanks in advance. You probably did not actually disable javascript or maybe you needed to restart your browser. I'm pretty sure I disable javascript in my browser because I have tested my site and hotmail page. My site can't show popup but hotmail page still have popup sho...

Application not working after deployed, but working in debug mode
 HelloMy application is working properly in debug mode.But when I deploy on another machine. It does not show textboxes on login page. If I deploy on my own machine then also it works properly.Both machine have same OS, XP professional.Do I need to install entire VS2005 on other machine. While creating web setup project, i've selected prerequisits as,Microsoft Data Access components 2.8.Net framework 2.0Crystal reports for .Net framework 2.0Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Report viewerand selected option as, download prerequisits from same location as my application.Also on new ma...

ScriptManager Work in Client side and not Work in server
 i have this line in my site            ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(Me, Me.GetType(), "script", "call3();", True)when i run my site in client (my computer) its workbut when i copy my site to server not work or function call3(); not callinghow can i solve my problem thanks for alltareq  Hi,tareqmr I am afraid we cannot find out the exact root cause without further information captured when the problem occurs. To troubleshoot this issue, we really need more source code to reproduce the problem...

Some client side Javascript does not work.
Can someone please help me debug this piece of code? I've been at this for hours and all looks good but the Firefox complains. Also this won't work at all in IE or Safari. Can someone elaborate on the X-browser issue as well?Here are couple of caveats: The for loop is to simulate looping through a record set and as such I can have any number of records. I'm trying to achieve the following: When you click the C/B on the page following needs to happen. - Original C/B remains checked- The "Your Request List" will detach itself and float ( that part work but would like it t...

Javascript works in debug mode but not otherwise
Hi, I have a datagrid which some datacolumns and a some link buttons.. and on click of that link button I want this javascript to popup which is as follows.  function onSaveAs() { <!--hide var strPlanname= prompt('Please Enter Plan Name', ' '); if ( (strPlanname==' ') || (strPlanname==null) ) { document.getElementById('hdnPlanname').value = ""; } else { document.getElementById('hdnPlanname').value = strPlanname; } //--> } </script>  and this is my c...

Working
I have two servers running NW65sp4A (different trees). I initially installed BM3.8 patched to sp4 with VPN services ( Firewall services to follow after I know I have VPN working). My problem is that it appears to be working but its not working. I can open my Windows Explorer (from the SLAVE side network) and reach the MASTER, authenticate and open files. The MASTER NRM VPN monitor shows 1 (one) Active Connections 0 (zero) Packets Received and lots of Packets Sent. The VPN Member List Status shows both servers as �Being Configured�. The Audit Log has two recurring RED entrie...

Client side script not working through IIS
Hello, I have some client side VBScripts which use the FileSystemObject and WScript objects. If I put them into a HTML page they work fine if I just run the page and execute the script. However, as soon as I serve them through IIS they no longer function as they can't create the Active X Component. I get the following error: Active X compnent can't create object: FileSystemObject or Active X compnent can't create object: WScript I guess it's a permissions thing but don't know IIS very much at all and have only just started with client side scripting. Any ideas? Any idea...

Javascript function is not working in IE and not working in Firefox 1.5
I dynamically create Options in a Combobox using javascript like: var cboBox=document.getElementById("cboTest"); var aoption=new Option("--Select--"," ",false,false); cboBox.add(aoption); It works fine with IE It does't work with Firefox 1.5 Could anyone help me! Thanks in advance Prakash S wrote: > I dynamically create Options in a Combobox using javascript > like: > > var cboBox=document.getElementById("cboTest"); > var aoption=new Option("--Select--"," ",false,false); > cboBox.add(...

Javascript works in debug mode but not otherwise
Hi, I have a datagrid which some datacolumns and a some link buttons.. and on click of that link button I want this javascript to popup which is as follows. function onSaveAs()           {               <!--hide                 var strPlanname= prompt('Please Enter Plan Name', ' ');         &n...

How to call server side(C#) function from Client side(Javascript) function?
Hi i have used below functions,  function HandleOnClose() {// this function will be called after clicking browsers close button in Internet explorer if (event.clientY < 0) { event.returnValue = 'Are you sure you want to leave the page?'; } // if he clicks ok then i need to call one server side function in this instance.. else not. } <body onbeforeunload="HandleOnClose()" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">other controls in page..</div>  How to achieve this? Thanks MS AJAX Extensions would be the option of choice here. Combined with webservices you can...

Debug Mode Not Working in PB.NET Webform
Ever since I mode the project to a Win2k3 server, debug mode stop working. The program still run, but it just don't stop at the breakpoints. Debug mode was working just fine back then when the project was running at my local XP PC, anyone know what's wrong with the server settings? Thanks in Advance, SAM Do you mean you are trying to debug the application from your workstation? I don't believe remote debugging is supported. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase PowerBuilder Blog: http://blogs.sybase.com/powerbuilder/ On 31 Aug 2010 21:57:22 -0700, SAM wrote: >...

when using ACCPAC COM API debug mode is working, Live environment does not work
Hi,does anyone know how to solve this problem ?http://forums.asp.net/p/1046003/1467497.aspx#1467497In my company we have ACCPAC server and WEB server. the problem is when I debug my program (web application using vb.net) is running fine; but when I compile and put it in to the WEB server my program crash. On my project I use AccpacCOMAPI as reference.I use simple program to test this problem, here is the code. Dim mysession As AccpacSession mysession = New AccpacSession lbltest.Text += "mysession = New AccpacSession<br>" mysession.Init(&q...

Client-side javascript stops working when app published
asp .net 2.0 app.  Javascript wired up using <control>.attributes.add("onclick","jsFuncName();" in Page_Load event.  Everything works as designed on server running IIS where Visual Studio 2005 is installed.  When I publish application to my production IIS server, the JavaScript stops firing.  HTML source looks okay.  Ideas? Hi, If you have your javascripts in one file and it linked into your page header then the only reason I am suspecting is location problem, check if the location of the referenced file point to the correct location. Otherwise, make s...

Client-side functionality (DefaultFocus, DefaultButton, etc.) not working
I have a site that is using ASP.NET 2.0.50727.  I am trying to enable a DefaultButton for a certain page.  I've added the following line in my Page_Load: Page.Form.DefaultButton = SearchBtn.UniqueID; After noticing that no DefaultButton had actually been set, I took a look at the source code.  It looks like ASP.NET has generated all the necessary Javascript.  I noticed 2 links to Javascript by way of WebResource.axd: <script src="http://forums.asp.net/WebResource.axd?d=ECvdc7WyTR-j9S5FyM6-mQ2&amp;t=632962393632656250" type="text/javascript"></script&...

Web resources about - Javascript popup function working in debug mode and not working on IIS - asp.net.client-side

JavaScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
programming styles. JavaScript was formalized in the ECMAScript language standard and is primarily used in the form of client-side JavaScript ...

... editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Tools/Obfuscators Description Top : Computers : Programming : Languages : JavaScript ...

Facebook Open-Sources JavaScript Static-Type Checker Flow
The latest software to be open-sourced by Facebook is Flow , a static-type checker for JavaScript . (more…) New Career Opportunities Daily: ...

JavaScript
The Facebook SDK for JavaScript provides a rich set of client-side functionality for adding Social Plugins, making API calls and implementing ...

Facebook App Devs Get Javascript
It has been an oft-lamented fact of the Facebook Platform thus far in its life that, in order to use all but the most simple of Javascript functionality–the ...