JavaScript Not Working In IE But Works In Netscape

Hello all,

I am using the following javascript function:

window.parent.location.href = MyNewPage.aspx

If I display the page in Netscape or FireFox, the function works correctly.  If I display the page in IE, the function does not redirect the browser to the new page.  I know I am making the function call in IE because I have an alert statement before and after the "window.parent.location.href" function call.  In IE the first and second alert statement indicate the function is ignored.  In Netscape or FireFox, I do not execute the second alert, instead my browser is redirected to the MyNewPage.aspx.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,
Aaron

0
abenn

window.parent.location.href = "MyNewPage.aspx"

0
Aidy
12/12/2005 2:51:34 PM

parent.window.location.href = "page.aspx";

Eric

Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn
0
A1ien51
12/12/2005 5:32:40 PM

Hello all,

I have tried both of the suggestions mentioned previously and the page is still not being redirected.  Any other suggestions?

The version of IE I am using is: 6.0.

Thank you in advance,

Aaron

0