Javascript Error in IE...Same script works fine in Netscape. What i need to change to make it work in IE?

function validCheck(frmObj){
	var checkbox_choices = false;
	for (counter = 0; counter
0
lifevision

lifevision:
function validCheck(frmObj){ var checkbox_choices = false; for (counter = 0; counter

paste the complete function

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan
4/23/2009 7:35:12 PM

place "var" before the variable counter:

for (var counter = 0; counter < 10; counter ++)
{

}

0
vlad322

JavaScript Not Working In IE But Works In Netscape
Hello all, I am using the following javascript function: window.parent.location.href = MyNewPage.aspx If I display the page in Netscape or FireFox, the function works correctly.  If I display the page in IE, the function does not redirect the browser to the new page.  I know I am making the function call in IE because I have an alert statement before and after the "window.parent.location.href" function call.  In IE the first and second alert statement indicate the function is ignored.  In Netscape or FireFox, I do not execute the second alert, instead my browser is red...

Runtime tooltip of dropdownlist is not working in ie 6 while working fine in ie 7.
Hi,  I am setting tooltip of my dropdown list and its items using javascript at runtime while filling dropdownlist at runtime. --My function of javascript..  Filldropdownlist(text,value) { for(var i=0; i<obj.length; i++) { ddl.options[i] = new Option(text,value); ddl.options[i].title = text; }  } This is working fine in  ie7 but it is not working with ie 6.. If any one could tell me why ..or could tell me alternative of doing this.   A lot of thanks in advance.   There is no title property in IE 6 and below for a DDL. See here for alternative:...

Not working in Netscape, working in IE

Not working in Netscape, working in IE

java script error works on IE does not work on FIRE FOX
i have two colors MOUSEOVER = brown MOUSEOUT = yellow    So i have writen this javascript basicly i have a line of LinkButtons lets say list of manufacturers, only one of them may be selected at a time. All linkbuttons are of color brown only the selected one is yellow. When i hover over those linkbuttons java script automaticaly changes color of ALLREADY selected item A color to brown and makes YELLOW item B that mouse cursor is over. If i stop hovering (move the mouse away) it automaticaly changes color of last selected item (item A) color to yel...

JavaScript Calendar Doesn't work in Firefox but works fine in IE
Hello, I am trying to implement a javascript based pop-up calendar in my web app and also add some ATLAS functionality. The calendar works fine in IE 6.0 but just pops-up in Firefox (ver 1.5.0.6) and does nothing else.  As soon as I remove the ATLAS Scriptmanager tag, and all other ATLAS update panels, it work fine.  Here is a sample of the page code without the ATLAS code:<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="MISys.aspx.vb" Inherits="MISys" %><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transit...

CollapsiblePanelExtender produces JavaScript errors in Firefox (works fine in IE)
I have a CollapsiblePanel -- works fine in IE, throws JavaScript errors in FireFox. I'm running July CTP and Firefox 1.5.0.6. I know there were some issues in the June CTP, but weren't these fixed for July? The following JavaScript error occurs when the user clicks on the Collapse and Expand control (in this case a label): Error: element has no propertiesSource File: http://localhost:1081/Concept/WebResource.axd?d=lzl8hNV-FyCHRcJXtuxBId6I-HjLZYC2Qnw4uNPRGh5wlimHMGp8E9u7sAIIBcuj4_To5zxHuRt3SiRu0UTJXvF8g3KCNdXdeT5g_OvJTmY1&t=632899634700000000Line: 11131 Can anyone help? Thanks, Dave ...

Getting JavaScript Error in IE 6 but working fine in FireFox
Hi,I have a page with 3 update panel that has dropdown list, which will update other based on its value changed somewhat like toolkit dropdownextender. while 4th panel has a user control which has repeater inside it and allow user to delete the entries. So on delete link I have used ConfirmButtonExtender (Atlas Toolkit). 4th panel updates when there is update in 3rd dropdown list.it properly shows the entries whenever i change the dropdownlist value.but whenever i click on delete link, it shows the messagebox and when i click on OK button it gives me following Javascript error :*************...

registration script doesn't work using IE but works fine using firefox
Hi its an asp.net / c# script which was working fine till about few days ago when suddenly it stopped. I know it is something to do with the validation script which runs at server but I can't figure out what had happened to stop it working. I have two sections for registration ... free and pay parts the free section give an error after filling the form and click register, the error I get is an invalid email address ... the pay registration form just doesn't do anything when filling the form and click register .. here is the a snipet of the code in the free registration section....

onchange event for Html select control not working in Firefox and netscape but working fine in IE and opera
I have the following code of select control   <select id="cboState" onchange="distfill();" " >  this onchange event is not firing in Firefox and netscape but working fine in IE and opera.     PLease tell me how can i resolve my problem.RAGHAV MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U. "Success doesn't come to you…you go to it."--Marva Collins "Success does not come to those who wait . . . and it does not wait for anyone to come to it." Anonymous Works for me. Maybe your problem ...

Not working in Netscape, working in IE #2
------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C15714.2A7D4620 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am having a similar problem to one that I saw you answer in a post. I have a project where the cgi form is being displayed in Netscape as raw HTML but in IE it works fine. This CGI does not use the "print <<enter..." instead I see "print qq~" If this doesn't help the beginning of where I believe the problem is goes like this: ###################################################### # Login Start Page ...

Following java script doesn't work in IE but works fine in firefox any help appreciated
See below code here i am calling the open function . it gives me the value of the text in firefox but in IE it says "undefined"  function open(obj) { var txt = obj.text; alert(txt); } <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Page ID"> <ItemTemplate> <asp:LinkButton ID="lnkPageID" runat ="server" OnClientClick="open(this);return false;&quo...

Cancelling client-side LinkButton OnClick event doesn't work in IE (but works in Firefox)
Hi, I have a number of LinkButtons in use on a site that might need to have their click events cancelled for some reason (client-side). I'm finding that the event isn't getting cancelled in IE7, but it does in Firefox.To see the problem in action:1) Visit http://www.yougodo.com/Home.aspx2) Type "ios" into the "Location:" search box3) CLICK the "Search for activities" button (do not press [enter] as this runs different client side code that works as it's not under the LinkButtons control)The client-side code should prevent the button from causing...

My javascript code is working in IE and its not working in any other browser
Hi   I write the below javascript code for populating some values and add it to the combo box this function is working in IE and its not working in an other brower. I run the web page in IE all the populating values added in the combo box and I run the page in mozilla no values add in the combo box.This is very urgent requirement for my project kindly tell any solution for the above issue.   function FeaturedSpaceContainerListController(containerSelectList, featuredSpaceSelectList, allPagesText, allFeaturedSpacesText, selectedFeature...

Web resources about - Javascript Error in IE...Same script works fine in Netscape. What i need to change to make it work in IE? - asp.net.client-side

JavaScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
programming styles. JavaScript was formalized in the ECMAScript language standard and is primarily used in the form of client-side JavaScript ...

... editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Tools/Obfuscators Description Top : Computers : Programming : Languages : JavaScript ...

Facebook Open-Sources JavaScript Static-Type Checker Flow
The latest software to be open-sourced by Facebook is Flow , a static-type checker for JavaScript . (more…) New Career Opportunities Daily: ...

JavaScript
The Facebook SDK for JavaScript provides a rich set of client-side functionality for adding Social Plugins, making API calls and implementing ...

Facebook App Devs Get Javascript
It has been an oft-lamented fact of the Facebook Platform thus far in its life that, in order to use all but the most simple of Javascript functionality–the ...