javascript #42

 How can I detect if a user has disabled JavaScript on his/her browser?

Can I enable it from sever code?

By

Vasanth U

0
youvasanth

How to detect:

if( Context.Request.Browser. EcmaScriptVersion.Major >=1)

{

   //js is enabled

}

Can you enable from the server side? NO

All that glitters is gold-
Only shooting stars break the mold.
0
HeartattacK

you can add <noscript>Please enable javascript</noscript> tag in your bode part and that will tell the user that their javascript is disabled.

Always "Mark as Answer" the Post That Solves the problem.Because It helps others to find the solution.
Mohammad Hussain
http://mohdhussain.blogspot.com/
0
mohd786hussain
5/1/2009 12:21:47 PM

The only way to do that is through the use of client-side script:

 <!-- All page content goes here. -->

<script type=text/javascript>
<!--
window.onload = function ()
{
 document.getElementById('pageContent').style.display = 'block';
}
// -->
</script>

<noscript>
</noscript>

NC...

0
NC01
5/1/2009 1:04:20 PM

 Where can I write noscript tag? I've written after head section and disable javascript on my browser, but there is no msg  displayed.

By

Vasanth U

0
youvasanth
5/2/2009 7:11:47 AM

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_noscript

All that glitters is gold-
Only shooting stars break the mold.
0
HeartattacK
5/3/2009 2:33:06 AM

youvasanth:

 Where can I write noscript tag? I've written after head section and disable javascript on my browser, but there is no msg  displayed.

By

Vasanth U

The code that I posted works perfectly. I use it in all of my web pages with no problem.

NC...

0
NC01

.Net varible into client side JavaScript
I'm need to get a variable from my web app and place its value in a JavaScript. I tried doing this with a Label but I get the HTML included. I don't think I can use the <%# %> from classic ASP? Anyone have any ideas on how they would approach this problem? tbone_stl wrote:Anyone have any ideas on how they would approach this problem? Hi, and welcome to the ASP.NET forums. It's possible to pass a variable to a javascript function. I created a small coding snippet: <%@ Page Language="C#" %>   <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http...

How to write data to a file in client side using javascript or someother client side scripting language.
Hi, I would like to know how to write a data to a client side file using javascript or someother client side scripting language. The file type expected is ini file. txt file would also be appreciable. Thanks in advance.   If the site is a trusted and you are running IE then you could try http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_filesystem.asp The Old Sewing FactoryThat twitter nonsense. You can write to the server, but not to the client's machine.  Being able to do so would be a huge security breach.When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered"...

How to use client-side script(javascript) in .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script>  objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ......  }    szUrl = &...

Perform JavaScript Client Side Confirmation from a VB.NET DataGrid
Hi, I when I delete an item from the database through a Datagrid I want to get a messagebox popingup to give me the choise to Confirm it...in case I clicked the wrong item....the way it works now it just deletes it....can any one help me with an Example I have no Idea how to do this...I found an article in C# but it didnt help me at all. here is my source code <asp:DataGrid ID="dgCustList" Runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyField="id" AlternatingItemStyle-BackColor="#F6F6F6" HeaderStyle-BackColor="#C4B58E" CellSpacing="0" CellPadding="2" GridLines="Vertical" Width="100%"...

.net validators + client-side javascript validation, EnableEventValidation=false
Scenario: 1. I have a DropDownList, with 2 listitems in the .aspx. appenddatabound=true and it is tied to a datasource (via datasourceid), autopostback=false, onchange=checkIfAddNew(this) [this is the client side onchange event]The second option on this dropdown is "Add New", and the checkIfAddNew function pops up a new window and when it returns, it adds the newly created option to the dropdown. In order for this to happen without asp.net getting mad, EnableEventValidation has to be set to false in the Page directive. In addition to this dropdownlist, there is a RequiredFieldValidator...

In datawindow.net,access the database from client side event using javascript
In powerbuilder,for example,a datawindow has two columns:itemno,description. input an itemno,validate it.if not found from the database,return 1 to trigger itemerror event; if found,get the description of the item from the database,and fill it into the column "description". The question is how to fulfill the function in web datawindow,through web service? if so,I need an example to realize it. You will need to use AJAX or make a round trip on item change event. -- Dean Jones CEO PowerObjects http://www.powerobjects.com (612) 339-3355 Ext. 112 TeamSybase * *...

How to use client-side script(javascript) in DNA using .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script> objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ...... }   szUrl = "http://ServerNa...

Need help converting a C#/.NET method into client-side (javascript) function
Hey Guys, I have implemented an AJAX Toolkit CalendarExtender.  I have a method 'CheckDate' in javascript (followed a tut!) that checks to see if the user selected a date > DateTime.Now(). Well, I have a few other things to check but not sure how to do them in javascript, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.  I mean, i can somewhat convert it but it'll be too mangled, I'd rather learn the right way.  I'm attaching the code and any help will be appreciated.  1 protected string CheckDateErrors(string dateGiven) 2 ...

server side variables in client side javascript
I want to use an ASP.net variable in client side javascript.In regular asp I used hidden fields.what is the best way to do this in ASP.NET ?thx,Intersee my blog at www.Interdevelopments.com and check the future of open mobile widget solutions at www.glowe.org By and large, I personally still use Hidden fields to store information, that either my Javascript function or my code-behind use.  I barely use the RegisterScriptBlock method(s) and that is only for situations where I want to be really dynamic with the client side functionality.  95% of the time, I can still use a...

Client Side Javascript and Dynamic Client Ids
I have a gridview that has an edit row.  When I click on edit... It pops up a inline window with modal functionality in the css... I want to fire off a webservice to bring back data to populate the input fields on the form I created... one catch I created a tab container with panels to separate out the keyed in information... So, I found that the .net is doing this to the inputs...  <input name="ctl00$cphMainBody$tcEmployeeDetails$TabPanel1$txtFirstName" type="text" maxlength="25" id="ctl00_cphMainBody_tcEmployeeDetails_TabPanel1_txtFirstNa...

Call server side function from client side javascript
I have a javascript where I either need to call an onclick even of a server link button or I need to be able to call a server side function.   The only thing is I cant use AJAX.  Is there any way I can do this or am I spinning my wheels. Thanks!-------------Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. I have a similar problem.  In my case, I would like to set a server-side session object from JavaScript.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.  Dan Sure, y...

how to call server side function from client side javascript?
Hi all, I have a image button in the update panel. I would like to call a method from server side (not from webservice) to get the variable when Onclick on the image button is invoked. Is there any way that I can able to access this function from the client script? In using the UpdatePanel, in essence, you're already doing this because there will not be a full postback.  You can make an asynchronous call to your Click method of your ImageButton.  So, what do you want to do with this "variable"?Christopher Reed"The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient."...

Server side Generating and client side executing javascript
Hi,  This is a really basic question.  If one has a piece of code on the server side that generates some javascript, how do you inject and execute this script n the client side?  For example, I have a server side function that inserts a bunch of calls to a the javascript function foo(), such as foo(1); foo(2);.....How can insert these calls into my webpage so that they are executed on a periodic basic.  I assume I would use an script manager tag, and inside this tag I would have an update panel, but am unsure where to go after that.  jerry   Hi, you can in...

Call a Sever side method from Client Side Javascript.
Hi Friends,  Can you tell me how can i call a Server Side method of mine from Javascript?   function StoreURL() { document.getElementbyId(METHODNAME); } Is this the correct method? Any suggestions would be appreicated. Thanks Menon  hi!document.getElementById allow you to access elements from html page  DOM in client side.to call server method from client you have to use  AJAX see this example and read this tutorial.hope it helpsorzeh code less, think more! Or do a PostBack: /////////////////////////////////// Client-side code/////////////////////////...

Passing parameter from Javascript(client-side) to server side
Hi guys, I'm having problems with my code. I have a textbox1 and a submit button and another textbox2. When my user enters a value into textbox1 and click submit, the description text should be returned to textbox2. Here's my code: Javascript(client side) : function CheckValue() { var stdNo = document.getElementById('Textbox1'); if (stdNo.value != null) { What to code here to pass the parameter value to my server?? } "TextBox1" runat="server"> "Button1" runat="server" OnClientClick="CheckValue(...

Web resources about - javascript #42 - asp.net.client-side

JavaScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
programming styles. JavaScript was formalized in the ECMAScript language standard and is primarily used in the form of client-side JavaScript ...

... editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Tools/Obfuscators Description Top : Computers : Programming : Languages : JavaScript ...

JavaScript
The Facebook SDK for JavaScript provides a rich set of client-side functionality for adding Social Plugins, making API calls and implementing ...