I'm having a problem with creating dynamic control (dropdown) on client side & accessing that control on code behind.

Hi Team,

In page load default I’m showing "start time" dropdown,” End time" dropdown.
 I'm giving one checkbox option to user, if user checks I’m enabling the button.
 On that button click, I want to create client side dynamic controls for adding on start time, end time.

Start Time with 3 dropdown Hours, Mint, Unit (AM, PM).
End Time with 3 dropdown Hours, Mint, Unit (AM, PM).

 This scenario is for measuring "SAMPLE “multiple start time, end time.
 I want to calculate the duration of start, end time & show to user.

Can any one give me the idea or give me the good example to handle this issue.

Plz send as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards
Shaik Mujeebuddin
Analyst I
0
forums_4m

Create 3 timespan objects, intialize two of them with the values from dropdown and substart the second one from the first one and store this value in the third one

TimeSpan
start, end, diff;

start = new TimeSpan(10, 0, 0);

end = new TimeSpan(22, 0, 0);

diff = end - start;

Console.WriteLine(diff.ToString());

Regards,
Muhammad Khurram Punjwani
0
khurrampunjwani

How to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts
Folks,I have problem try to to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts. Please give me helps.     The error is as follows Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.Source Error: Line 79: { Line 80: Control c = Page.FindControl("ddlTC" + i); Line 81: ((DropDownList)c).DataSource = mdt; Line 82: ((DropDownList)c).DataTextField = "ClassID"; Line 83: ((DropDownList)c).DataValueField = "Course"; My aspx page source codes: ...<...

Accessing client side controls from code behind
I need to access client side controls <input type=text id=t1 name=t1> from server side code. I understand that we could access it using Request.form() or request.params() but when the page is sent back to the client after postback I want to assign a different value to this text box. Is this possible or do I have to convert this text box to server side control by putting runat=server. Second this is what is clientID property used for ? can I use it in this scenario. Please help, Buddythanks,Buddy to access a control in code behind you must add two attributes 1) the id 2) runat=...

Atlas client side control value available to server side C# code behind
I have an existing ASP.NET application. The page contains a datagrid (asp:datagrid). In my current C# code behind, I fetch data from SQL Server 2005 and bind to the datagrid when a button is selected (Click event). There can be many entires in the grid however, so the user typically enters text in a textbox as a filter on the returned results from SQL Server 2005. Now after studying an Atlas sample animalservice http://atlas.asp.net/docs/atlas/doc/data/default.aspx, with an HTML suggestion text box, I would like to use client-side Atlas to give the user a better indication of...

Combining a server-side control with a client-side control!

What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ?
What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ? and diff server -side coding and client -side coding ? please help I have answered the first part of your question in your previous posting. Server-side coding languages are ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI (Perl) and many, many more. They are used to create dynamic web content (based on additional information that is attached to the request) and are often used to extract information from databases. Client-side coding languages are JavaScript, VBScript, EMACScript and are used to create dynamic content that responds to the u...

Accessing dynamically created client-side controls via Request.Form.GetValues
Hi all, am trying to retrieve the values of a set of dynamically created client-side controls via Request.Form.GetValues ... is it possible? cuz am getting a NullReferenceException When i execute Request.Form.GetValues("textBox") , and if it's impossible can i get an alternative? Like: ....... var newRow = document.getElementById("table1").insertRow(); var newCell = document.createElement("TD"); newCell.innerHTML = "<input type='text' id='newText' value='blabla'>"; newRow.appendChild(newCell) .........

finding server control, in the code behind, created from client side using javascript
Hi experts   i wanna add server side controls using javascript and access it in code behind but i am not able to access it can u give me the solution example javascript file function AddControl() { var table=document.createElement('table') var tr=document.createElement('tr') var cell1=document.createElement('td') cell1.innerHtml='<input type="text" ID="txtSample" runat="server"/> tr.appendChild(cell1) table.appendChild(tr); }   if i try to get this control in code behind like this i am not able to get ...

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

How to Pass Information from Server-Side Code to Client-Side Code in AJAX Control Extender?
Hi All,For some reason I can't get the following to work: I have a custom AJAX Control Extender with a few getters and setters. I also have some images I want to use with the extender saved in a resource file. How to I make the respective image URLs available to the javascript of the extender? Are there any examples available?Thanks![Update: renamed the subject to something more appropriate.]  Perhaps I can clarify a bit:I have set up a getter and setter to set the image URL from the resource file: 1 [ExtenderControlProperty] 2 public string CoverURL 3 { 4 get...

Client Side Dynamically Created Controls
All, I hope someone can help me solve this issue.  I am creating a page that dynamically inserts a row in a HTML table and puts dymamically created controls in the cells.  This is all done on the client via JavaScript.  My problem is that i cannot apply style attributes to the dynamically created controls.  My code is as follows: function clickAddPicture(){    objFileUpload = window.showModalDialog("upload_file_edit.aspx", objFileUpload, "dialogHeight:220px; dialogWidth:600px;");     if (objFileUpload.Cancelled == fals...

Is there a correspondance for each server side control to be equivalent to a client side html control
Where can find the list and can use that equivalence and what is its usage plsThanksThanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. What exactly do you mean? A correspondence of what?All controls have a ClientID property, which for most controls tells the DOM element ID that will be used in the HTML rendering. Aside from that certain controls might offer additional client-side functionality, but there's no one standard.Thanks,EilonBlog: http://weblogs.asp.net/LeftSlipper/ I mean. When I am using html control in my aspx page like:  <input type=text ..>  and...

How to take value from client side control from server side code?
Hi all, I would like to know that, how to access client side control in server side code? Here is an example.. I am having the textBox in client side like <input type="text" id="textBoxUsername" name="textBoxUsername"/> I need to take the value from this textBox in button click event which is server side code. private void buttonShow(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { //I need to access this textBox here. } How to do that? Thanks R. eswaran. hi you need to make it run at server. <input type="text" id="textBoxUsername"...

Create ModalPopupExtender control dynamically client side
I know this is a long shot and most probably not possible but i figured it wont hurt to try.I have a web page that a table and each table row has a couple of buttons. On the server, these rows and controls get dynamically generated and a modalextender control is then supplied to each of the buttons, so that each button is tied to an extender control.So basically when user clicks on the button within the row the pop up occurs. This application is mainly a DHTML application, so there is a HTML button that allows the user to add additional rows to the table. This is done all client side, s...

Web resources about - I'm having a problem with creating dynamic control (dropdown) on client side & accessing that control on code behind. - asp.net.client-side

Accessing the Future Fund a sensible proposal, says super expert Daryl Dixon
As portfolios go, the Future Fund's asset allocation is concentrated in higher-risk investment, including equities and alternative assets.

Accessing my Super
I'm 57 - can I access my super?

Australia, US accessing Indonesian telephone data, leaked documents show
Newly disclosed documents from former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that Australian intelligence efforts against Indonesia ...

Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke detained at Melbourne Airport, accuses Customs officials of accessing ...
Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke has accused Customs officials of accessing hundreds of patients' sensitive records on his laptop after detaining ...