How we can change the keyboard layout ??

Dear All
Is there any way to change the keyboard layout when a TextBox on an ASPX page gets the focus?

Regards??

0
GIA_alashram

keyboard layout means? give some more details?

Vasanthakumar
Software Engineer.
0
vasanth
4/8/2008 5:24:18 AM

Thanks for your repaly

i mean if you have textbox1 and textbox2

when you focus the textbox1 the keyboard  language is EN (en-us) and when you focus the next textbox (textbox2) the keyboard  language change automatically to AR(ar-ae)....

thanks

0
GIA_alashram

try this....

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default8.aspx.cs" Inherits="Default8" %>

<head runat="server">

<title>Untitled Page</title>

function SetCulture(val)

{

if(document.getElementById("hid_Lang").value != val)

{

document.getElementById(
"hid_Lang").value = val;document.getElementById("btnTemp").click();

}

}

</script>

</head>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" onfocus="SetCulture('English');"></asp:TextBox>

<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox2" runat="server" onfocus="SetCulture('Arabic');"></asp:TextBox>

<asp:HiddenField ID="hid_Lang" runat="server" />

<asp:Button ID="btnTemp" runat="server" Text="Button" style="display:none;" OnClick="Button1_Click" />

</form>

and code behind...

{

string strCul = "";if (hid_Lang.Value == "English")

{

strCul =
"en-us";

TextBox1.Focus();

}

else

{

strCul =
"ar-ae";

TextBox2.Focus();

}

System.Threading.
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo(strCul);

System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo(strCul);

}

Vasanthakumar
Software Engineer.
0
vasanth
4/8/2008 6:44:44 AM

 Dear Sir

First thanks

I try the code but still the keyboard  cursor when i focus the both of the textbox (en lang);

not changed to Ar lang.

my browse id IE 7.0

did you test it?

 regards...

0
GIA_alashram

the code I have posted will chang the cultures of the current running thread... when you set this, formats of the numbers, currentcy etc will be changed...

you keyboard layout wont change... for this you need to use some keyboard converters like..

http://www.baraha.com/

Vasanthakumar
Software Engineer.
0
vasanth

Changing client side cookies in .NET
I have a few cookies in my applicaiton which are created using javascript. Now I can read the cookies no problem. I can create the cookies in .NET and read them in javascript no problem. If the cookie is created in .NET i can modify it's value in .NET no problem. If the cookie is create in javascript I can modify it's value in javascript no problem. What I can't do is change the value of a cookie created in javascript using .NET. I have tried every permutation of Cookies.Add, Cookies.Set, Cookies.Remove using both the response and request objects. I can debug the code and see ...

How can I change Keyboard Layout to German?
Hello, I installed SLES10SP3. When I login to the console the keyboard layout is US. This SLES runs in a VM under MS Virtual Server 2005. When I login to the Desktop I changed in Yast2 everything to de_DE.UTF-8 It took after a reboot. When I first login to the Desktop with init 5 the keyboard layout is german. When I change Runlevel with init 3 the keyboard layout is still german. When I reboot and login directly to the console the keyboard layout is US again. I want to CHANGE this. How come it doesn't work? All LC Variables other than those mentioned below show POSIX ...

How can I change the mode of a textbox from client side
Hello: It's easy to change the text mode of a textbox from server-side. TextBox1.TextMode = TextBoxMode.SingleLine; How can I do it from the client-side/Javascript? -Razin  mark as answer if my response is fruitful for u hey Razin, ASP renders the 2 modes differently. <asp:TextBox ID="test" runat="server" TextMode="SingleLine"></asp:TextBox>Renders as:<input name="test" type="text" id="test" />and  <asp:TextBox ID="test2" runat="server" TextMode="Mult...

How can I handling dropdownlist value changed on client side
Hi,I want to verify that the user really meant to change a field that is displayed as a drop down list, but only part of the time based on the original value of the field.  For performance reasons I prefer to do this with javascript on the client.  However, I cannot figure out how to wire you a client side event handler for the value changing. I was hoping to be able to use the OnChange event of the underlying Select. Any thoughts? jerry Hi you can use a CustomValidator1  and ClientValidationFunction="yourjavascript function"   <asp:Drop...

pls, how can I cancel a TabContainer Panel change on the client side?
 Hi, in a TabContainer with two tabPanels, when I click on the second TabPanel, how can I cancel the TabPanel change event (or the TabPanel change action) and force the TabContainer to stay on the same current TabPanel?Thank you very much. Thanks a lot, I appreciate your taking the time to help me. Hi Tutus, We can remove its click event from the target TabPanel.   Here is the sample which shows how to remove the first TabPanel's click event. <%@ Page Language="C#" Culture="auto" meta:resourcekey="PageResource1" UICulture...

Can't find CheckBox.Checked client-side changes until PostBack
I've got a Placeholder on a page. Within this page's Page_Load method, I create a TemplateColumn containing a Checkbox, add that TemplateColulmn to the DataGrid, and then add the DataGrid to the Placeholder. Upon postback, I follow the same steps to create the DataGrid. Any client-side changes I make to any of the CheckBoxes within the DataGrid are not reflected after adding the DataGrid in Page_Load. The CheckBoxes do reflect client-side changes in any PostBack event handlers I have on the page. Does anyone have an idea why these Checkboxes do not reflect client-side changes until ...

Can you change a linkbutton's text using client side javascript?
I have a linkbutton which opens a new window. When the user closes the new window, I want to change the text of the original linkbutton. The issue isn't the popup window since know how to use window.opener. The problem is that I don't know how to use javascript to change the inner text of the linkbutton which I know is rendered as anchor tags. Any suggestions? Hi, on the Page where the LinkButton is, you can output the client-side ID of the LinkButton with it's ClientID property assuming you have <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server" Text="Hello" />So you could ou...

how we can change the height of Select html (dropdown combobox ) in the client side javascript dynamically
i have  text box  where i will be typeing the some name , depening on  text the select html (dropdown)  i will be  loaded with values from database now  my problem is how to change the height of select depending on no of matchs if one value returned dropdown height should be adjusted. if 5 values are returned height should be adjusted. i want dynamic height of drop down , i have select <select id="ddlSelect" multiple ="multiple" name="ddlSelect" style = "left: 136px; position: relative;top: 171px;Width: 212px...

can i install vs.net on client's server and do changes remotely. Is it possible ?
hi, i don't know if it can works , i thought of installing vs.net on client ,and do a changes on the client remotely if possible...thanks for your advise.. Can you provide a little more detail on what your setup is? Thanks.Bill HiebertVisual Studio Web Tools Hi, my task given by my superior is to add in function and correct the current ASP.NET application running on my client server, i thought of doing the correction and add function remotely from my office, I don't know if it can work ? I'm new to ASP.NET.thanks you in advance. You can. Visual Studio has two mechanisms to access the r...

How can you raise server side event from client side
Let's say I have an event on server side that handles button_click. how can I raise that event from client side using AJAX. You can create a script in a string variable, and register withScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb359558.aspx string script = "alert('ciao!')";ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript( this, this.GetType(), "Alert", script, true );If this answers your question, please select 'mark as answer' thanks!Andrea DottorMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NEThttp://blog.dottor.net For buttons you can use JQu...

Changing Server-Side Control Properties by Client-Side
Hi, I have 4 server side button control. These are for choices of a competition website(A,B,C,D) and I have 1 client side button control named "Changer" on the same page. When I click the Changer I want it to disable A, if it is disabled I want it to disable B... The main question in this topic is "How can I change properties of a server-side control by client-side" My javascript side is not very well. How can I do this? Please help me. I got it guys. Thank You very much.. Hi, Here is the javascript for enable and disable two server side buttons with id Button1 and Butt...

How can I set client side values as server side values?
Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can get client side values such as document.referrer, navigator.appName etc... into server side scripts? There are some client side values I'd like to set as session vars and insert into the db? How do I go about this? Thanks for any pointers Davlon PS (I'm using powersite 7.1.0.300) Pass them as page parameters, e.g., http://myserver/myurl?document.referrer=whatever&navigator.appName=yadayada Then, in your server-side script, just loop through the document.value array and get these values. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kie...

Web resources about - How we can change the keyboard layout ?? - asp.net.client-side

Pro Tools Keyboard Shortcuts
Every shortcut you ever wanted. ∞ Read this on The Loop

Keyboard Cat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Keyboard Cat" footage consists of Charlie Schmidt's cat, Fatso, "playing" a keyboard. In reality, Schmidt is manipulating the cat under a baby's ...

Facebook Adds Keyboard Shortcuts To Messages Inbox
Facebook added a list of keyboard shortcuts to the inbox where users retrieve their messages . continued… New Career Opportunities Daily: The ...

Facebook rolls out messages update with new layout, photo sharing, emoticons, keyboard shortcuts and ...
... continues to roll out its redesigned messages product it announced in August , including a two-paned layout, improved photo uploads and keyboard ...

Hands on BrydgeAir iPad keyboard
Better than the keyboard built into many ultra-thin notebooks, the BrydgeAir is a great way to turn an iPad into a serious productivity tool. ...

SwiftKey for iOS updated w/ new “Bubble Gum” keyboard theme, more
SwiftKey, the popular third-party keyboard app for iOS, has today been updated with a few changes and tweaks that users of the app will certainly ...

The Razer DeathStalker Chroma Gaming Keyboard Review
Mechanical keyboards are all the rage among enthusiasts nowadays, with most of them offering advanced features such as fully programmable keys ...

Use 3D Touch and Bluetooth keyboard shortcuts in Chrome for iOS
New features have come to the browser, making it even more powerful.

There’s no fixing the iPad Pro Smart Keyboard, but here’s what’s inside
... kind of hard to watch. (credit: iFixit ) iFixit's product teardowns often show you how to fix gadgets, but in the case of Apple's Smart Keyboard ...

Aluminum Bluetooth keyboard for iPad Air 2 is under $19 right now on Amazon
iPads are great. They're small and portable, but sometimes it's difficult to type accurately so get yourself a Bluetooth keyboard designed specifically ...