how we can change the height of Select html (dropdown combobox ) in the client side javascript dynamically

i have  text box  where i will be typeing the some name , depening on  text the select html (dropdown)  i will be  loaded with values from database now  my problem is how to change the height of select depending on no of matchs if one value returned dropdown height should be adjusted. if 5 values are returned height should be adjusted. i want dynamic height of drop down , i have select

<select id="ddlSelect" multiple ="multiple" name="ddlSelect" style = "left: 136px; position: relative;top: 171px;Width: 212px;" visible ="false" >

</select>

var hgt = count * 50;

var hgt1 = hgt+"px";var sel = document.getElementById("ddlSelect");

sel.style.height.value = hgt1;

// sel.firstChild.style.height = hgt1 ;

for(var i = 0 ; i < count ; i++)

{

var optn = document.createElement("OPTION");

optn.text = data[i];

optn.value = data[i];

document.getElementById(
"ddlSelect").options.add(optn);

}

but height is not changeing plz give suggstion

0
subswamyrs

hi are u trying auto filling box(just like Gmail,Yahoo ToID textbox).instead of this.

sel.style.height.value = hgt1;

try sel.style.height=hgt1;

0
Vairamuthu

First remove any height attribute from your style attribute, and then in set the size property to the number of elements to be shown in that listbox. But keep one thing in your mind, you can change the height of listbox using this way but dropdown will always display only one item.
Zafar Iqbal
VP Technology
Hansvits

** Please mark as ANSWER if my reply helped you
0
ziqbalbh

Client Side Javascript and Dynamic Client Ids
I have a gridview that has an edit row.  When I click on edit... It pops up a inline window with modal functionality in the css... I want to fire off a webservice to bring back data to populate the input fields on the form I created... one catch I created a tab container with panels to separate out the keyed in information... So, I found that the .net is doing this to the inputs...  <input name="ctl00$cphMainBody$tcEmployeeDetails$TabPanel1$txtFirstName" type="text" maxlength="25" id="ctl00_cphMainBody_tcEmployeeDetails_TabPanel1_txtFirstNa...

Can you call a c# on the server side from javascript functions on client side
Hello guys This is something intresting I have come across during development. I have a javascript written in a .JS file , to my knowledge the .js files are executed on the server side. But security concerns with java script that these .js files can be access by connecting to port 80 of the server . So an ultimate alternative reminas to call c# code from a java script function. Can anyone Help me on this matter Regards Nihar Hi Nihar, Usually .js files executed on client side. Please explain your configuration.Leon LangleybenMCSD, ASP.NET MVPBlog...

How to write data to a file in client side using javascript or someother client side scripting language.
Hi, I would like to know how to write a data to a client side file using javascript or someother client side scripting language. The file type expected is ini file. txt file would also be appreciable. Thanks in advance.   If the site is a trusted and you are running IE then you could try http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_filesystem.asp The Old Sewing FactoryThat twitter nonsense. You can write to the server, but not to the client's machine.  Being able to do so would be a huge security breach.When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered"...

How to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts
Folks,I have problem try to to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts. Please give me helps.     The error is as follows Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.Source Error: Line 79: { Line 80: Control c = Page.FindControl("ddlTC" + i); Line 81: ((DropDownList)c).DataSource = mdt; Line 82: ((DropDownList)c).DataTextField = "ClassID"; Line 83: ((DropDownList)c).DataValueField = "Course"; My aspx page source codes: ...<...

to change value of Client Side Select html control from database value....

Can you change a linkbutton's text using client side javascript?
I have a linkbutton which opens a new window. When the user closes the new window, I want to change the text of the original linkbutton. The issue isn't the popup window since know how to use window.opener. The problem is that I don't know how to use javascript to change the inner text of the linkbutton which I know is rendered as anchor tags. Any suggestions? Hi, on the Page where the LinkButton is, you can output the client-side ID of the LinkButton with it's ClientID property assuming you have <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server" Text="Hello" />So you could ou...

server side variables in client side javascript
I want to use an ASP.net variable in client side javascript.In regular asp I used hidden fields.what is the best way to do this in ASP.NET ?thx,Intersee my blog at www.Interdevelopments.com and check the future of open mobile widget solutions at www.glowe.org By and large, I personally still use Hidden fields to store information, that either my Javascript function or my code-behind use.  I barely use the RegisterScriptBlock method(s) and that is only for situations where I want to be really dynamic with the client side functionality.  95% of the time, I can still use a...

Can I do this client-side, in javascript?
I have the following event handler code: protected void btnContinueTo2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e){   MultiView1.ActiveViewIndex = ++MultiView1.ActiveViewIndex;} that is shared by 50 buttons. Is there a way to accomplish the same thing (increment the ActiveViewIndex of the MultiView control) client-side, for the performance benefits this would give me?Clay Shannon,author of historical works, novels, and art/poetryhttp://www.knowitallsports.com/booklinks.aspx No it cannot be done client side since it is manipulating the values on the server control, but you can hook up all...

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

How to call server side function from client side JavaScript?
I want to call a server-side function, like a button's click event or just another private or public function , from a client-side JavaScript function. How do I do that? thanX AnzIf this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer.ClientSideAsp.Net | Blog Maybe alittle more that you need, but....... 1) Put a button on the page. Lets say its id is Button1. Make sure that its has causesValidation=false 2) Write the code for the button. 3) Write the following in the PAge_Load event Button1.Attributes.Add("onClick", "myJSFunction(); return false") 4) Copy this javascript...

Changing Server-Side Control Properties by Client-Side
Hi, I have 4 server side button control. These are for choices of a competition website(A,B,C,D) and I have 1 client side button control named "Changer" on the same page. When I click the Changer I want it to disable A, if it is disabled I want it to disable B... The main question in this topic is "How can I change properties of a server-side control by client-side" My javascript side is not very well. How can I do this? Please help me. I got it guys. Thank You very much.. Hi, Here is the javascript for enable and disable two server side buttons with id Button1 and Butt...

How can you raise server side event from client side
Let's say I have an event on server side that handles button_click. how can I raise that event from client side using AJAX. You can create a script in a string variable, and register withScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb359558.aspx string script = "alert('ciao!')";ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript( this, this.GetType(), "Alert", script, true );If this answers your question, please select 'mark as answer' thanks!Andrea DottorMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NEThttp://blog.dottor.net For buttons you can use JQu...

how to call server side function from client side javascript?
Hi all, I have a image button in the update panel. I would like to call a method from server side (not from webservice) to get the variable when Onclick on the image button is invoked. Is there any way that I can able to access this function from the client script? In using the UpdatePanel, in essence, you're already doing this because there will not be a full postback.  You can make an asynchronous call to your Click method of your ImageButton.  So, what do you want to do with this "variable"?Christopher Reed"The oxen are slow, but the earth is patient."...

Web resources about - how we can change the height of Select html (dropdown combobox ) in the client side javascript dynamically - asp.net.client-side