How to write data to a file in client side using javascript or someother client side scripting language.

Hi,

I would like to know how to write a data to a client side file using javascript or someother client side scripting language. The file type expected is ini file. txt file would also be appreciable.

Thanks in advance.

0
digeeshs

If the site is a trusted and you are running IE then you could try http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_filesystem.asp

The Old Sewing Factory
That twitter nonsense.
0
ilivewithian
1/10/2008 10:43:18 AM

You can write to the server, but not to the client's machine.  Being able to do so would be a huge security breach.

When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question.

My latest ASP.NET AJAX blog entries.
0
DisturbedBuddha
1/10/2008 2:52:21 PM

This is for an intra net website which is a trusted site. so how can i proceed. i also need some mechanism for executing a program in the client side so that i am able to do operations such as audio and video streaming

0
digeeshs
1/10/2008 3:43:26 PM

You cannot easily do either of those operations with a web application regardless if an Intranet or not. You'd probably need to use ActiveX which would have to be installed on each client and would only work in IE.

NC...

0
NC01

without server side scripting, can we upload a file using client side scripting if destination folder and config file settings are known? is it possible?
without server side scripting, can we upload a file using client side scripting if destination folder and config file settings are known? is it possible? avdp211:without server side scripting, can we upload a file using client side scripting if destination folder and config file settings are known? is it possible? I don't think it is possible.You use the the HTML input file control and when you post the request, on the web server you need to read the data and save it to a file, so there has to be some interaction with the server to handle the post request.  Not possible vi...

How to use client-side script(javascript) in DNA using .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script> objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ...... }   szUrl = "http://ServerNa...

client-side scripting or server-side scripting
I want to perform data validation in my page using javascript before the data is sent to my server, but I am very confuse that I don't know which way to perform, client-side validation or server-side validation? My javascript bible told me that javascript is a client-side scripting for data validation in client pc, but when I look in my asp.net bible, the validation part is done at server side. The worst is that, I find no way to use javascript in .asp or .aspx environment. I am really confuse with all these, could any one help me on this? Thanks. Use .NET validator co...

How to use client-side script(javascript) in .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script>  objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ......  }    szUrl = &...

List of client side function of extenders and controls for client side

passing data to a server side textbox from client side script
Qu: passing data to a server side textbox from client side java script.Does anyone know how to do this?Thanks,Graham. Remember that when you view an aspx page in your browser, you are viewing straight html code (view the source).  Thus, access the textbox as you would a normal <input type="text> tag.HTH, rchern.Churned Ajax ToolkitPlease choose "Mark as Answer" for the posts that lead you to a solution....

Call server-side script from client-side script
Hi to all, I would like to ask you How can i call from client-side script a server-side script and to have the result from the server-side script in the client-side script. For example, i wand to call a function writing in server-side (DynaScript) script from a client-side script (JAVASCRIPT) and to have an answer from the function. Thanks in advance. Nick, One way that you could get round this is to write your client script code as you would server script eg. <SCRIPT language=javascript> function getValue()... would be written as: <% psDocument.WriteLn(&...

How to call a client side script from a server side script?
Hi guys, I have a Button1_Click function which gets executed on the server side as soon as Button1 is clicked. I have a client side function, test, which is  written in vbscript. I need to call this test function from the Button1_Click function. Can anyone of you please tell me how to do this? The test function is inside an asp:content tag (Please excuse my terminology if I am wrong, I am new to all this).  Thanks and Regards, RJ Have you tried to use the below code Button1.Attributes.Add("onclick","test()"); HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | Yes, ...

Difference between client side scripting and server side scripting
Hi,      Can u  plz, explain why the server side scripting is necessary, inorder to write the client side scripting. What is the main difference between the client side scripting and server side scripting. Client-side scripting is code that is executed on the client side, such as JavaScript. Server-side scripting is code that is executed on the server, such as VB, VB.NET, C#, or J#. For a better definition of server-side scripting and when it's necessary, please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server-side_scriptingRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP...

client side script Vs Server side Script
Which is better ? Using Client Side validations with Java Script or Using Server Side validation controls provided in asp.net You should use both... Client-side for a rich user experience and server-side to support browsers without javascript support or with javascript turned off....

Client-Side scripting vs Server-Side scripting
hello I need an article that spaeks about Client-Side scripting vs Server-Side scripting,and when i need to use one of them thank you for the help and for the time here are some good links to a bunch of articles on that subject...

Client-Side and Server Side Scripting
Hi, im currenty in the process of trying to get an asp.net page to work with both <script> and <script runat="server" tags... idea being, i have a <script> tag which holds all the client side scripting for my webpage, at the moment this is just some slider controls which i have created (the scripting behind this is actually from someone on a different forum, which i have modified to do what i want..) - but i also want a <script runat="server"> tag to hold all the code for the buttons pressed etc in my web-page. im trying my hardest not to use a ...

when to use client side / server side?
Hey, Please can someone tell me when do i need to use a client-side or a server-side? For instance, I have a dropdownlist and when the user choses one of the listitems then click on the button to submit changes,i need first to validate the new value chosen by the user by comparing it with the old value and then redirect the user to the next page if there are no errors or view an error on the other hand! so in this case what's more preferable to use a JScript (client side) or on the click event of the button pressed (server side)! waiting the reply................. thanx in adva...

Web resources about - How to write data to a file in client side using javascript or someother client side scripting language. - asp.net.client-side

JavaScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
programming styles. JavaScript was formalized in the ECMAScript language standard and is primarily used in the form of client-side JavaScript ...

... editor - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Tools/Obfuscators Description Top : Computers : Programming : Languages : JavaScript ...

JavaScript
The Facebook SDK for JavaScript provides a rich set of client-side functionality for adding Social Plugins, making API calls and implementing ...