How to use client-side script(javascript) in DNA using .Net Remoting

Hi all,

    It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following,

<script>

objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument");

objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");

strEnvelope = ??

objHttp.onreadystatechange = function()

{

}

szUrl = "http://ServerName/RemoteService/RemoteObjectURI.soap";

objHttp.open("POST", szUrl, true);

objHttp.setRequestHeader("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded");

objHttp.send(strEnvelope);

</script>

I have some problems.

First, what is the strEnvelope ?

Second,is the szUrl right?

Is anything else?

Thanks.Embarrassed

0
NathanTsai

How to use client-side script(javascript) in .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script>  objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ......  }    szUrl = &...

How to write data to a file in client side using javascript or someother client side scripting language.
Hi, I would like to know how to write a data to a client side file using javascript or someother client side scripting language. The file type expected is ini file. txt file would also be appreciable. Thanks in advance.   If the site is a trusted and you are running IE then you could try http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_ref_filesystem.asp The Old Sewing FactoryThat twitter nonsense. You can write to the server, but not to the client's machine.  Being able to do so would be a huge security breach.When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered"...

Using AJAX and client side scripting with .NET objects?
I'm wanting to use client-side scripting and AJAX with some drop down boxes.  I can't seem to do this with server-side .NET objects... changing the runat tag doesn't do anything either.  How can I expose .NET server objects so that they are affected by java script and AJAX? Depends on what, exactly, you're trying to do with them.  If you just need access to the html properties (e.g. selectedValue), then you simply grab them as if they were their html equivilants (select element) in javascript.  If you want to pass custom properties back and forth (or any .Net property ...

In datawindow.net,access the database from client side event using javascript
In powerbuilder,for example,a datawindow has two columns:itemno,description. input an itemno,validate it.if not found from the database,return 1 to trigger itemerror event; if found,get the description of the item from the database,and fill it into the column "description". The question is how to fulfill the function in web datawindow,through web service? if so,I need an example to realize it. You will need to use AJAX or make a round trip on item change event. -- Dean Jones CEO PowerObjects http://www.powerobjects.com (612) 339-3355 Ext. 112 TeamSybase * *...

How to use Client Side Scripting (Javascript) for RadioButtonLists?
Hi,  I have a two RadioButtonLists, rblParent and rblChild, each of which has has four radio buttons. All the buttons in rblChild are disabled at design time.   When the user selects an option in rblParent, I want to enable some of the radiobuttons in rblChild depending on the option selected by the User. I thought of using javascript, onClick event, but how do I do it for  <asp:RadioButtonList> controls? My aspx markup which fails when I build looks like this:   <asp:RadioButtonList ID="rblParent" runat="server" RepeatDirection=&quo...

I have a question which is, when building a .net project, we are able to use server side code and client side code(java script). How do they communicate? Thanks Client Side coding works with the WebBrowser. So when ever you write client side code you have to keep browser compatability in your mind and you have to code. Server Side code works with Web Server (IIS) and it's ASPNET ISAPI's. The won't directly communicate with each other. But using AJAX you can all server side code from Client Side! Example article on Ajax@ http://www.devarticles.com/index2.php?option=content&task=...

without server side scripting, can we upload a file using client side scripting if destination folder and config file settings are known? is it possible?
without server side scripting, can we upload a file using client side scripting if destination folder and config file settings are known? is it possible? avdp211:without server side scripting, can we upload a file using client side scripting if destination folder and config file settings are known? is it possible? I don't think it is possible.You use the the HTML input file control and when you post the request, on the web server you need to read the data and save it to a file, so there has to be some interaction with the server to handle the post request.  Not possible vi...

How do I call server side function in client side script without using __doPostBack
Hello, My page has a server side panel that is hidden when the page loaded, checkboxes inside of the datagrid, and buttons.  If at least one checkbox is not clicked and the user click on the button, I show the panel.  When the user click on one of the checkbox, I want to hide the panel.  Onclick on the checkbox I already have a cleint function to change the row color.  I don't want to use __doPostBack.  Don't want to do postback. My question are: How do I either have checkbox onclick called both client and server side functions.  Or have the client side func...

using client-side script to "disable" server-side conbrols
hi all, not quite disable, i'll explain. i have a basic web form, some asp text boxes and some validation / required field controls. what im trying to do is hide the error messages displayed by the validation controls when the user clicks the form 'reset' button. can this be done using client-side, or will i have to do a postback? thanks in advance Dave You can change the 'CausesValidation' property of the Reset button to False. That'll stop the validation checks from running when you click on it. I have a blog. Perhaps you'd like to read it. TRY this ... <html> ...

how do i get selectedValue of drop down list server side if i am populating it using client side javascript?
 Hi All.I am populating a drop down list client side using: The drop down list is populated based on a selection of another drop down list. ddlList.options[i] = new Option(1,2); as an exampleThe populating is done as i need it to. However, a button click event i am trying to get the selectedValue of the ddlList. However, it doesn't give me it. It only gives me the selectedValue of the drop down list on first rendering. Any ideas on how i can get it?   Could You paste some code? That would be helpful. Thanks S@ss (Shashi Shekhar Singh)My BlogPlease mark a post as ANSWER ...

when to use client side / server side?
Hey, Please can someone tell me when do i need to use a client-side or a server-side? For instance, I have a dropdownlist and when the user choses one of the listitems then click on the button to submit changes,i need first to validate the new value chosen by the user by comparing it with the old value and then redirect the user to the next page if there are no errors or view an error on the other hand! so in this case what's more preferable to use a JScript (client side) or on the click event of the button pressed (server side)! waiting the reply................. thanx in adva...

How to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts
Folks,I have problem try to to access dynamically Html controls (client side controls) using C# server side scripts. Please give me helps.     The error is as follows Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.Source Error: Line 79: { Line 80: Control c = Page.FindControl("ddlTC" + i); Line 81: ((DropDownList)c).DataSource = mdt; Line 82: ((DropDownList)c).DataTextField = "ClassID"; Line 83: ((DropDownList)c).DataValueField = "Course"; My aspx page source codes: ...<...

Local Client-side printing using server vb.net code?
Hi,Rather than use the window.print() command which is just a form dump.  I want to use vb.net code to do this as it has all the features necessary.I came across this useful article from developers.com.  http://www.developer.com/net/net/article.php/3102381However, when I run this it throws an exception because there is no default printer attached to the server.  Of course I don't want to print server side - thats no good.  But print client side.  The users would print to whatever print queue on the network they have connected to their own pc.I thought ...

Web resources about - How to use client-side script(javascript) in DNA using .Net Remoting - asp.net.client-side

Client-side scripting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... different and changing content depending on user input, environmental conditions (such as the time of day), or other variables. Client-side ...

Senior Search Manager - Client Side!!
... strategy insight for senior IT management - resources to understand and leverage information technology. Senior Search Manager - Client Side ...

Account Manager - Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!

Media Sales Executive - Client Side!!
Technology news and reviews for business and home.

PPC Paid Search Manager - CLIENT SIDE
Defining Technology for Australia's IT Leaders. PPC Paid Search Manager - SEM - **CLIENT SIDE** Sydney CBD Location Client side!! SEM/PPC/Paid ...

How Basecamp Next got to be so damn fast without using much client-side UI
When we started working on Basecamp Next last year, we had much internal debate about whether we should evolve the existing code base or rewrite ...

Seven Tips for Pitching From the Client's Side of the Table
I had a chance to sit on the other side of the pitch table. Here is what I learned.

Client-side coding: How to prevent malicious use?
Applications that run on a user-controlled device cannot be perfectly protected.

The client side
... regarding the professionals you seek to assist. Even better if you possess that understanding yourself, having worked on the client side. I'm ...

Ecommerce traffic being hijacked by client side malware
According to new research 15 to 30 percent of eCommerce site visitors are infected with Client Side Injected Malware (CSIM) that causes them ...