How to populate other text controls by losing focus of one text control

 Hi All,

Iam new to ASP.net. Here is a small illustration about my prob. I have 3 text controls in a page i.e which represents zip,city,state. I want to populate city and state after entering zipcode into zip text control i.e something like focus lost event on zip text control. Any solution regarding this

thanks and regards,

vijaycanaan

0
vijaycanaan

A1ien51
9/18/2008 12:57:35 PM
Hi vijaycanaan

We can capture the following event when TextBox  lost focus:

On Server-Side:
We can use OnTextChange just like Eric posted.

On Client-Side:
We can use onblur event handle, for more information, please check:

http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_onblur.asp

Thanks.

Lance Zhang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Lance
NHOQUE

chinese character in rich text control and text control
I have a chinese character in either rich text control or text control. The character is look fine if it is a small size (10, 12), however when the font size is changed bigger (36 or 72), the character is out of shape(many dot, not smooth). Is anyone has any idea to print a bigger chinese character from pb7.03. ...

Populating a control in client side on selection of another control
Hey,  i am facing a problem. I need to populate one drop down with all state values depending on the selection of Country in country drop down in my aspx page. Can u suggest me how i can handle the situation in client side, since the server side code involves so many post back. I prefer in javascript.   Thanks if document.getelementbyid('lst').options[1].selected { fill ur second list here...... }Vijay MannSoftware Developer Noida India...

Fix broken text wrapping and control input text length in TextBox control
Hi! I'm developing a(nother; it's my second!) ASP.NET application that right now is giving me fits. On one of my screens, the user needs to be able to enter large amounts of text into three database fields. The database fields are all char(350). I'm having two problems with this. First of all, I found that when editing an existing record, text in the fields would wrap in a manner similar to this: Wow, what a sorryperformance! The text box is much wider than the text "Wow, what a sorry", so I couldn't figure out why the text was wrapping. I tried setting the Columns property to 90 (which...

MS Publisher / Word-like textframe web control... flowing text between text controls
Does anyone know of an ASP.Net web control capable of linking text boxes/frames together similarly to the Publisher & Word textframe objects (via the NextLinkedTextFrame property in Publisher or the TextFrame.Next property in Word)? The goal is to have text flow from one textbox into another. Thx.....

How to programmatically add user control to the middle of text inside Literal text control ? Pls help...
Greetings fellow programmers,I greatly appreciate all the help I can get. Here is the problem.I have a function that pulls content from the database and put the content into a literal control. Somewhere in that content, I need to insert a user control (bla.ascx). Ideally, I want to use string.replace to find the location where I want to insert the user control. But I can't... there is no such option on the literal control methods and properties.Do I have to overwrite render method? I'd normally use loadcontrol and add it to the placeholder control, but in this case, I can't dynamically ...

how to add text to control (ex. text box) after page sent to the client
Hi,, I have program that uses multiple threads to send files , I want to inform the user with the current processes done . if any thread has sent the file a text box in the web form must show this statement "file XYZ has been sent ". the problem is i need to update the tex box text, how could that  be done at the end of the thread work without any action from the user You'd need to use AJAX.-Tab Alleman Yes, you would need ajax.you can download ajax for free on http://www.asp.net/ajax/downloads/ once ajax is enable, that would definitely solve your...

Combining a server-side control with a client-side control!

What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ?
What are diff Server-side control and Client-side control ? and diff server -side coding and client -side coding ? please help I have answered the first part of your question in your previous posting. Server-side coding languages are ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI (Perl) and many, many more. They are used to create dynamic web content (based on additional information that is attached to the request) and are often used to extract information from databases. Client-side coding languages are JavaScript, VBScript, EMACScript and are used to create dynamic content that responds to the u...

Focus problem! Control losing focus is not the current control
All, I have generated a simple data entry screen using the HTML datawindow. My problem is when I go and move from control to control or click on one of the command buttons in the browser ( I am using IE 5). The error reads as follows: "Focus problem. Control losing focus is not the current control." Thanks for any assistance you can provide. Dianna DeMotto yo tenia un problema como el que tienes, pero el caso se presentaba cuando ten�a un campo con validaci�n y este esta presedido de una DropDownDw por alguna raz�n forzaba a realizar el salto de campo pe...

Pasting text from Mac apps into rich text controls pastes plain text
Name: Bob Product: Firefox Summary: Pasting text from Mac apps into rich text controls pastes plain text Comments: Using: Mac OS X 10.6 and Firefox 3.5 and 3.6 beta 1 Steps to reproduce: * Write text in Text Edit, Yojimbo, etc using rich text (e.g. font sizes, bold, italics) * Open Gmail in Firefox and compose an email * Copy and paste the text you created from the other Mac app into Firefox Observed: text is pasted in as plain text Expected: converts the rich text to appropriate rich text in the control, like Safari does This is a huge pain when e.g. writing release n...

powerupasp.net treeview control & client-side population
Anybody ever used this treeview control? I'm using it in some custom modules and I'd like to use its client-side population of nodes ability, like on the msdn site. The treeview control uses a javascript xmlhttp object to callback to an aspx page to get the data to fill the opened node, but of course in dnn, the modules that contain the actual treeview are dynamically loaded, so it won't naturally work. Also, I would want the out of band request from the xmlhttp object to get authorized just like any regular request to a dnn site from a browser. Any ideas on how to implement this? Core ...

Client and Server side confusion when rendering text on a label control
I am getting this annoying error that I need some advice on. I have this control ('lblErrorMsg'), that I am using to display error messages, validation results, etc., Problem is, that  I am populating this on the server and client (Meaning through vb.net and javascript). I got an Update Panel surrounding  my label controls that will display the message asynchronously based on  results. I noticed that the only way to display the text I am passing on the server side is to have the UpdatePanel set to "Always" on the "UpdateMode" property. Everything wo...

Web Control with <abc:Control>TEXT HERE</abc:Control>
I'm trying to create a custom web control and support putting stuff in the middle - between the openning and closing tags:  <abc:Control>TEXT HERE</abc:Control> I would like to be able to put both text and other web controls between the tags. How do I do this? hi, why not the normal web user control? It also works fine. Maybe it is hard to create a control with the openning and closing tags...

Web resources about - How to populate other text controls by losing focus of one text control - asp.net.client-side

Facebook Fans Populate National Car Rental Playlist
... its Facebook fans are listening to, so the company teamed up with music-streaming service Songza to allow users who like its page to help populate ...

Facebook Launches Integrations With Spotify, Netflix and More to Populate the Ticker with Playable Content ...
A wide variety of media partners and news publishers have partnered with Facebook to allow uses to publish content to the site that can be immediately ...

Perish the populate thought
Population size and growth, resources and climate change are obviously linked.

Islamic State militants raping thousands of women to populate caliphate, Iraqi official claims
ISLAMIC State fighters are reportedly raping thousands of women in Iraq and Syria to mass-produce spawn who&#8217;ll follow in their footsteps. ...

Researchers craft bot to populate Wikipedia with gene data
In order to help make Wikipedia a better source of information for biologists …

Are Chuck Schumer and Steve Israel Working To Populate Congress In The Image Of Scoop Jackson?
History lesson: In 1972 and again in 1976, the Beltway's conservative Democratic Establishment had found its man. The preferred candidate of ...

Extreme Shrimps Could Possibly be Sent to Populate Europa, NASA Reports
Rimicaris hybisae live on the edges of hydrothermal vents 7,500 feet underwater whose temperatures reach 750 degrees Fahrenheit.

Glowing robotic tentacles populate this Petting Zoo
(Credit: Minimaforms) If you swing by the Petting Zoo in Orleans, France, don't expect to see goats. The robotic "pets" that reside there hang ...

CNN.com - Millionaires populate U.S. Senate - Jun. 13, 2003
The U.S. Senate showed once more why it's sometimes called the millionaires' club.

Pokémon 2DS bundles soon to populate Australian store shelves
Australian gamers who have yet to pick up Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will be able to purchase one of two new Nintendo 2DS system bundles on June ...