How to pass a web controll from child window to parent window.

Hi, there,

I used javascript fuction window.open( ) to open a child window. In the child window, I have a FileUpload controll to browse a file that will be uploaded to the server in the parent window. In the parent window, I have a event handler to upload the file coming from FileUpload controll of the child window.

How can I pass the FileUpload controll from the child window to the parent window?

Thanks,

Jack

0
JackSmith

Won't work. The page with the control has to do the upload.

NC...

0
NC01

Passing the data from the child window to the parent window
Hi everyone, I have two webforms one is main form(parent window) and another is pop-up form(child window) I have one label and one button on the main form. When I click on the button of the main form, the pop-up form is opened . On the pop-up form there is one textbox and one button. I want that when I type at the pop-up window and click the button, the text on the pop-up window  should be displayed on the main window. I want the code for it.... bye Hello,To do this you have to use some javascript.The script I use is placed in .js file.The code is here :&...

pass value from child window to parent window
i have a parent window which opens up a pop up which containing a dropdownlist with values. when a user selects a particular value in the dropdownlist a file related to the value is opened and the contents are passed to a text area.there is a import button on the child window which when clicked i want the contents of the textarea on child window to be passed to the text area on the parent page. the code which i hve written is on child window var a = document.getElementById(' < % =textbox1.clientid % >')  alert(a)  var rfile = a.innerText  window.opener.docume...

pass data from parent window to Child window
Hello Friends, I am using VS 2008 with C# for my web application. For e.g. I have  a textbox say with id "TextBox1" and through javascript , using windoq.open I have opened a pop up, now on that pop up window I want the value written in the "TxtBox1". How I can do that whether in the javascript or in C#. Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks & RegardsGirish NehteThanks & RegardsGirish NehteIf This post helps you to solve your problem please mark this as an answer. Hi, u can do it with using querystring or session or by inserting values in cook...

passing value to child window to parent window
   I used javascript to open a new window(child)  when user clicks on button from parent window. On new window(child), I have label and button,  I need to get the value of the label and pass to parent window when user clicks on button, while closing the child window,  I need parent window to be refreshed too so I can display my value to textbox of the parent window , how can I do that?1- parent window has button, clicked child window opened2- child window has textbox and button, when button clicked, get the value of the textbox and pass to parent window and clo...

Pass Values from Parent window to child window
Dear Friends,         I want to pass values from Parent webpage to child webpage. What are the ways to pass the values. Anybody can explain about it. Thanking you, Kulanthaivelu.VKulanthaivelu .V You can use the Querystring to pass values between those two forms example below window.open('WebForm2.aspx?id=13'); Now in WebForm2.aspx you can retrieve "13" using C#  Request.QueryString["id"] VB.NET Request.QueryString("id") Or you can use session variables, you set it in parent page and retrieve it in child page // Set session variable Sess...

How to Pass values from child window to parent window
Currently I am designing an ASP.NET application that has lot of data entry forms. One of the forms has a field like "Enter Customer Name: " , it has a text box for the user to enter the value. It has a "Search" button next to the text box. User can enter first few letters; hit the "Search" button; this should popup a new window listing all the "Customer Names" starting with the letters entered in the main screen. User should be given an option to select from the list; and when they hit "OK" on the popup window, it needs to populate the &...

passing value from child window to parent window
hi              i have a textbox in my parent.aspx and calling a child.aspx through popup and i want to pass the textbox value of child.aspx to my parent textbox how can i do it?im struggling for last couple of days..help me   ThanksArunThanks, You can pass the textbox value of child.aspx to parent.aspx textbox through session variable or URL with parameters and get them in the Page_Load event handler of the parent.aspx.For example, //in child.aspx session["TextBoxChild"] = TextBoxChild.Text; &nb...

How to get the image from child window to parent window and thus close child window
Hi AllI have two pages reg.aspx and show.aspx. From reg.aspx, i call show.aspx to show images in a grid view, some of the content of grid view is shown below. Now, iam displaying images here using show.aspx. Now, when user clicks on any image under show.aspx, iam calling closewindow() function. My task is that when user clicks on this photograph, the corresponding photograph should be displayed in image box under reg.aspx. For this iam passing on imageid to closewindow function and assigning it to a session variable so that i can use it under reg.aspx to connect to DB and use it to disp...

how to populate dropdown list in parent window from child window without refreshing parent window
On parent window i have Link Button( select client) on click of which I am opening new pop up window. In pop up window I am showing client contact information e.g.            Company name      Contact First Name     Contact Last Name                     infosys                      &n...

How can i pass a value child window to parent window?
for example emplyee no in parent window, in child window more than emplyee list using datagrid. i have 3 or 4 empleye select and passed in parent window emplye no field. pls help Take a look @ Selecting the value in child form and sending it to parent form Sushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb...

Get the passed values in child window from parent window
 HelloI am opening a pop up window using Javascipt. I am also passing the value from Parent window to child pop up window.I want to get that passed values in child window i.e. pop up window and how them on label. How can I do that?The javascript function is:function ShowPopUp(EmailID)            {                if(EmailID != null && EmailID != "" )                {        &nbs...

Pass values from Child Window Gridview into Parent Window
I have a main Window which has a few text input boxes. I have a button which user clicks, will have a popup window. This popup window contains a gridview of details and one of the field is a hyperlink column in which user clicks on the hyperlink, the details in the row will be passed into the Parent Window and populate the text input boxes. To illustrate, My form design: Main Window ________ denotes a textbox input Name   : __________ (txtName1)  [Show Member btn]Gender : __________ (txtGender)Age      : __________ (txtAge) When user clicks on...

how to pass value from child window to datalist in parent window
In my paren widow I have datalist on which I am showing advertisements (means ad name, ad size, ad price). When I click on that advertisement that will open in new window(child window). On that page I will book that. On that page there is client name textbox present. when I book that ad that child window should have been closed & client name should come in datalist in parent window.Regards,Mahesh--------------------click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you. the simplest way is in child window, store that value in session variable, then access that value by retrievin...

Can a child window be parent of a child window?
I found in source code that I have to maintain that child windows are parents of other child windows. Though the whole application is a little bit unstable, I wonder if that could be a reason. As far as I see: it works mostly. Are there some general rules for that? Kind regards Ludwin ...

Web resources about - How to pass a web controll from child window to parent window. - asp.net.client-side

Nintendo NES Controll - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Nintendo NES Controll at the National Museum of Computing in Bletchley Park PERMISSION TO USE: you are welcome to use this photo free of charge ...

PlayStation Nowthe streaming game servicewill, weirdly, require a proprietary DualShock controll
PlayStation Now—the streaming game service—will, weirdly, require a proprietary DualShock controller to play PS3 games on TVs, phones and tablets. ...

Puzzle Mage - 108km Games - Robot Bros - new 3D Action+Puzzle Game!
This is an original puzzle game, you will take control of the cute little mage to start a new adventure on the magic float islands. By using ...

Pre-Columbian Americas - All Empires
Introduction Although most of Per-Columbian North America north of modern Mexico did not see the formation of large states, Latin America was ...

Price Drop: Star Warfare:Alien Invasion
... our top scientists.And now, as always, our last hope...Is YOU!Solid single player model Various enemies with rich AIl Console-like smooth controll ...

Apple's iPhone 2.0: $199, 3G, On Sale July 11 (AAPL)
Was it worth the wait? You'll have to hang on another month to find out. In other WWDC news: A new version of Mac OS X, code-named Snow Leopard, ...

Cypress Semiconductor
... Sales (MyCypress) Products Automotive Async SRAMs CapSense Clock Distribution PSoC® 1 PSoC® 3 PSoC® 5 Sync SRAMs TrueTouch® Touch Screen Controllers ...

Opinions Run Rampant Over Supreme Court’s Decision to Uphold Obamacare
If you follow the logic of the supreme court. It would be possible for congress to force the individual citizen to do whatever they want. If ...

Product Videos, Ukraine - DinoDirect.com
By these short Product Videos, you can have a brief review about the merchandise on DinoDirect.com. You could pay your orders in UAH.

Album App - Your photo album on the iPad
The App Store is full of apps to edit your pictures, but what if you want these pictures in a digital album on your iPad to show your friends ...