How to pass a server side string variable to client side

Hi,

In my application I want to send(or pass) a server side string variable to the client so that the client side javascript can operate on that string. I am new to ASP.NET. Can anyone please help me with some code snippets?

0
saich

If you allow a postback for this passing, you could store the string in a HiddenField and use javascript to read its value after a post~

If you want it to be more smooth and you are using asp.net 2.0, Script Callback is a good choice, there is a sample at the buttom of this page.

Furthermore, some ajax framework will help you to call page method from client esaily~

你好! Just FYI o_O
0
Gordon

Passing variable between client side and server side
For example,how do I pass the return value of the confirm("whatever") to the server side? Or the opposite way.  I want to use a cookie to do is. Can some one give me hint.  Much appreciate your help.   Chen  Please "Mark as an Answer" if you think my post had helped you!Thanks. you can use ajax,javascript and cookies also.  Got what you needed. Please mark as answer. In the aspx file: <input type="hidden" id="confirmAnswer" name="confirmAnswer" runat="server"> That adds this to the...

passing client side variable value to server side
 i have a grid and  by click on the rows, the onrowclick event is fired on client side. I want to pass the row index to the server side. As there are not sessions variables in javascript so i am stuck to pass the row to the server side.. I have made a texbox and set its valueto the index in the onrowclick event but when refresh calls, the text box became empty as the value set is on client side, i want page to persistthe value,  How can i do that? Tel me some way passing the row index to the server side?? Hi, You can call GridView_SelectedIndexChanging event on row click ev...

Client side code to pass values to server side variable?
Hi there, I have ListBox_SelectedTextChanged() method that creates another list box in the runtime as follows: // Get Action Level List lbxActionLevel = new ListBox();lbxActionLevel.ID = "ddlA" + i.ToString(); lbxActionLevel.Width = 100; lbxActionLevel.Rows = 2;SqlDataReader dr = new BusinessLogicLayer().bllGetActionLevels(); lbxActionLevel.Items.Clear();while (dr.Read()) {ListItem lAction = new ListItem(); lAction.Text = dr.GetString(1).Trim();lAction.Value = Convert.ToString(dr.GetInt32(0)); lbxActionLevel.Items.Add(lAction); lbxActionLevel.SelectedIndex = 0; } I ...

Newbie Dev: Passing/Saving variables client side to access server side.
Hello, As you might have guessed by the title of the thread I am really new to this, this is my first proper development project and my first go at ASP.NET... so as you can imagine I could do with some help! :S As the title suggests I am having trouble thinking of a way to access variables, when it comes to seperate client and server side processing. I am accessing my database through a webservice so dont want to re-fresh every time the user performs an action so I have a grid that I am adding and subtracting from on the client side using JScript what I would like to do is stor...

How to pass the client side values to server side?
 hello to All,Actually i wanna implement a code like... a string in HTML textbox retrieve in server side control....suppose i hv a HTML control <input type="text" id="txtHTML"/>, and dis control  txtHTML.text="abc".now i want to retrieve dis client side string "abc" in d server side textbox named "txtASP"...which hs a property runat="server"so please give me an idea how to pass values from client side to server side.... hope u understand a problem... sam.  You could do this <input type="text"...

how to transfer client-side variable to server-side
hi all, i need just a small hint on how to go on... i am adding attributes to a rows in a gridview when data is bound e.Row.Attributes.Add("onClick", "MySelectedRow.text = '" + e.Row.DataItemIndex.ToString() + "';location.href='admin_contact.aspx'") this allows me to store the selected row in a hidden field (MySelectedRow). after the page is being resubmitted it resets the value of the hidden field to null. i need to have the value on the server-side. i prefer not to do the querystring unless you know how to clear the querystring i...

How to pass values from client side to server side
Hi, Is there a way to transfer variable from a client loop to a server loop. For example: var clitest = 'test'; Now I would like to get test variable from javascript into a server string variable <% sertest = ?? %> I understand that this can be done by storing a variable into a hidden control for example and than access it using server side, but when I have to transfer an array for example it get's a little more complicated. I was wondering is there more efficient approach? You can't transfer arrays, only strings. To workaround this problem pass delimited stri...

How to pass server side array to client side
Hello Friends.....   i want an intelligent textbox.....which pop up a list of data when any character is pressed in perticular textbox.......... the data should be related fields which are stored in database .........   for that i am having a javascript...........but it is static .....it has a static array and generates output..... but i want that particular with my own datafields.......   so please any one help me...... i will be very thank full........   Thanx and regards sandeep prajapatiBhaaratRemember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post t...

Passing Client side variables from Java script to sever side variables
HiI have some code that worked fine in Net 1.1 but now doe's not work in Net 2.0 what I want to do is pass a couple of variables generated in javascipt on the client side to the server to use in server variables, below is the code that used to work var imageheight,imagewidth;imageheight = (document.images[0].height) + 80;imagewidth = (document.images[0].width) + 50; <!-- WindowWidth and WindowHeight are hidden Input feilds document.Form1.WindowWidth.value = imagewidth;document.Form1.WindowHeight.value = imageheight;Up to the imagewidth and the imageheight variables it works in so ...

server side variables in client side javascript
I want to use an ASP.net variable in client side javascript.In regular asp I used hidden fields.what is the best way to do this in ASP.NET ?thx,Intersee my blog at www.Interdevelopments.com and check the future of open mobile widget solutions at www.glowe.org By and large, I personally still use Hidden fields to store information, that either my Javascript function or my code-behind use.  I barely use the RegisterScriptBlock method(s) and that is only for situations where I want to be really dynamic with the client side functionality.  95% of the time, I can still use a...

Getting my client-side variable over to server-side
Ok so I have looked at a few posts on this subject and I can't quite figure out how to apply the idea to what I am doing here. I am using javascript to take amounts from 7 different textboxes and add them up on the fly, dropping the total in the 8th textbox. After they fill in that information they click button (postback) to continue throughout the form... what I need is for the "textboxTotalAmt" to move from client-side to server-side.  So I can access that total amount later in the form. Here is the Javascript piece... <script type="text/java...

Server side Variable in client side script
Hello, I want to access the variable defined in the server side script from the client side. Can anyone help out with an example ??? TIA, Rakesh Babaria I think what you do is write is as a java script variable, so something like this: <!--SCRIPT var ls_serverVar ls_serverVar = "whatever"; document.writeln("<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>"); document.writeln("var xyz = " + ls_serverVar); document.writeln("</SCRIPT>"); --> Then in your client script, you'll be able to get XYZ. ...

Web resources about - How to pass a server side string variable to client side - asp.net.client-side

Staley: 'A lot of different variables...been a hard year'
... 41° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Staley: 'A lot of different variables...been ...