How to get TextBox text value from a javascript variable ?

How can I get text value from a javascript variable ?

Example:

Javascript function:
var text="Hello";
function GetText()
{
return text;
}

Here I need to get a text value from a javascript function.

Code like this:

<asp:TextBox ID="txtMyText" runat="server" text="GetText()" />
How to do it?
0
deathsus

Try this:

 <asp:TextBox id="txtMyText" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
</form

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
var text="Hello";
function getText()
{
 return text;
}
window.onload = function ()
{
 document.getElementById('<%= txtMyText.ClientID %>').value = getText();
}
// -->
</script>

NC...

0
NC01

Getting Textbox Watermark Text in client side javascript
Can somebody tell me how I can go about grabbing the Text value of a TextBoxWatermark control from client side javascript?  I need to make a comparison/validation if a text box has been filled out (non-blank) and of course the watermark fills in the text value of the text box when grabbing the property (of the text box) per javascript? So, I need to somehow grab the text from the watermark in javascript and then compare to the text box contents to see if the text in the textbox is the water mark text or not.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!  Th...

Getting Value from Client-side InputBox to .net variable
hi, im doing a login page for our timekeeping. Since there's no msgbox available on asp.net, im doing it dynamically via javascript. How do i Get the value frm a dynamically written javascript (such as inputbox) to a .net variable? here's the logic of my program, user logs in hits the button and sub-routine Login will be fired, if user is late -- call Check_Late Sub, this is whre the client-side script was built -- then after that i wanted to be able to get the value from an inputbox. '// if button login clicked Sub Login(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) .......

Get the Dropdownlist text and value using Javascript from client side
Hi, I am encountering a problem about how to get the Dropdownlist text and value using Javascript from client side. I am using C# in Visual Studio 2005 and Javasript . The example codes are like: ( In this example code, I would like to access the text and value of the DropDownListReports in the run() function of Javascript. How can I do that? Any ideas? Thanks a lot. ) protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {              if (!Page.IsPostBack)            &nb...

Getting hidden variable value from server side in client side
hi,        I am struck in problem. I have a hidden field in my form and i am setting some value in that.         Now i wnt to use this value from client side but i m not able to retrieve it. All i am getting there is an object.         I feel the hidden field is not able to hold that value.         <input type="hidden" id="hdnVar" runat="server" />         in code behind      ...

Get textbox value in client side
My problem is that in my ascx file i have a textbox & a input buttom with a javascript function that will validate the textbox: .... <script lang="javascript"> function Test() { if (document.all.txt1.value == "") { alert(); return; } } </script> .... <asp:textbox id="txt1" runat="Server"></textbox> <input type=button id="cmd1" onclick="javascript:Test();" value="Add"> .... But the function don't work, because the textbox control isn't...

pls help: how to get client-side HTML "text field" value from a server side button
i copy some javascript from somewhere so user can choose pick up a date from a calendar and display the date onto a HTML text field. I have no knowledge in writing client side script(i.e. write code in html) can i write some code in a server-side button to get the value in the HTML text field??? i tried: Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click textbox1.text = document.getElementById("htmltext").value End Sub but "document" is highlighted, and say isn't declar yet. and...

How to get a variable to Runatserver from Client Side Javascript
Here is a snippet of the Javascript Code if (VarNotCompleted == "YES") {document.getElementById("RatingLabel").innerHTML="Not Completed"} else {document.getElementById("RatingLabel").innerHTML=VarRating} It works fine but when I want to take the contents of the rating label back to the database it doesn't work. I am assuming the probem is that the Javascript is client side and nothing is registering at the server How to I get the Javascript generated contents of Rating Label back to the server This is the label <...

Get values set by javascript to .net enabled textbox
I have a bit of javasript that writes a value to a text box.  The text box is read only. Textbox code:<input type="text" id="txtColor1" runat="server" readonly="readonly" size="6" /> Snippet from javascript functioncolorBox = document.getElementById('<%= txtColor1.ClientID %>');colorBox.value = colorCode;  Code behind:string color1 = txtColor1.Value Whenever I attempt to get the value out of the text box after it has been changed by the javascript, it always reverts back to the old data and not the new. Anyo...

get the changed value of a text box
Hello everybody! I have this in the server side: <asp:textbox id="TEscala" runat="server"></asp:textbox> <asp:imagebutton id="BIrEscala" runtat="server" imageurl="images/irmapa.gif"> </asp:imagebutton> And i want to do this: Private Sub BIrEscala_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles BIrEscala.Click Dim xx As String xx = Tescala.value End Sub The problem is that "xx" doesn´t get the new value written in the ...

Dynamically passing a textbox to javascript to get the text value
Hi, I need a little bit of help. I am collecting text from an asp.net text box to process in a user control. It works fine as long as I hard-code the ID of the text box into the Javascript function. I need to change this process now to a non hard-coded value. The function has to dynamically accept the ID of a text box and then get the text value of the text box. Can someone help me change my Javascript? Here is the line I hard-coded in to get the reference to the text box. function check() { var UsersText = document.getElementById(''); } function check(x){var UsersTe...

Setting the value of server side variable in javascript and wants to use that server side variable on page load.
Hi, I am trying to set the value of a server side variable in javascript and wants to use that variable on page load.  Here is my sample code. -------------------------- private string testVal = null;  private void registerScript(){ if (!this.Page.ClientScript.IsClientScriptBlockRegistered("RequestHeaderValidation")){ StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder("" + Environment.NewLine);sb.Append(" var version = '2.0'; " + Environment.NewLine); sb.Append(" var isInstalled = Silverlight.isInstalled(version);" + Environment.NewLine)...

server side variables in client side javascript
I want to use an ASP.net variable in client side javascript.In regular asp I used hidden fields.what is the best way to do this in ASP.NET ?thx,Intersee my blog at www.Interdevelopments.com and check the future of open mobile widget solutions at www.glowe.org By and large, I personally still use Hidden fields to store information, that either my Javascript function or my code-behind use.  I barely use the RegisterScriptBlock method(s) and that is only for situations where I want to be really dynamic with the client side functionality.  95% of the time, I can still use a...

how to get value from client side script Prompt window to a session var in .net
hi guyz, i hav a problem with getting a value from a client-side inputbox to a session var in .net. is this possible? however, when i click submit button this is the code that's triggered. dim sb as New System.Text.StringBuilder sb.append("<script language=" & """" & "vbscript" & """" & ">") sb.append(vbcrlf) sb.append(vbcrlf) sb.append("do while xLate =" & """" & """") sb.append(vbcrlf) '//prompt window, val...

Getting my client-side variable over to server-side
Ok so I have looked at a few posts on this subject and I can't quite figure out how to apply the idea to what I am doing here. I am using javascript to take amounts from 7 different textboxes and add them up on the fly, dropping the total in the 8th textbox. After they fill in that information they click button (postback) to continue throughout the form... what I need is for the "textboxTotalAmt" to move from client-side to server-side.  So I can access that total amount later in the form. Here is the Javascript piece... <script type="text/java...

Web resources about - How to get TextBox text value from a javascript variable ? - asp.net.client-side

JavaScript SDK - Facebook-Entwickler
Overview The JavaScript SDK provides a rich set of client-side functionality for accessing Facebook...