How to Encrypt the value of textbox in client side and Decrypt it in server side?

How to Encrypt the value of textbox in client side and Decrypt it in server side?
0
zhihao

THere is no use in decrypting ur content @ client side

since a normal user can view the decrytion logic when he takes 'view source' option

'SSL' technology is used in this situations.

Sreejith

Sreejith
http://tips4dotnet.blogspot.com/
0
sreejith77
2/9/2007 9:38:15 AM

Sreejith: he did not ask to decrypt it on client-side!

Take a loot at this article on the Cryptography application block:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms954823

Josh Stodola ← Come check out my blog!
0
JoshStodola
JoshStodola
2/9/2007 2:58:04 PM

JoshStodola:
Sreejith: he did not ask to decrypt it on client-side!

Ok, it was encryption from the client-side, not decryption, yet how are you going to solve the problem of unhidable client-side code? (This is a real question, no irony; Afaik, the answer is simply "you can't", as Sreejith suggested, but I'd be interested to hear whether we may be missing something on this.)

Btw, in fact, both links you posted refer to server-side technology...

-LV

Julio P. Di Egidio
Software Analyst Programmer
=BUSINESS AND SCIENTIFIC=
=SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT=
http://julio.diegidio.name

(Peace X Love] = [++1)
0
LudovicoVan
2/9/2007 3:10:12 PM

Dear zhihao is not online. Last active: 02-10-2007, 8:53 AM zhihao

How do you want to do that ?. Give me some example please ?Do you mean data is encrypted before it is being sent to server ?

BISVN JSC COMPANY
0
a4nsd
2/10/2007 6:56:48 PM
Hi a4nsd:

    I have a Login form which will contain a user name textbox and password text.
    For security reason I want to encrypt the password before it will be sent to server side and then decrypt it in server side.

Thanks,
Zhihao
0
zhihao

Client-side values to server-side ?
Hi! My previous query is attached below: I have implemented the below mentioned implementation . 'listbox1' on 'webform1' shows all the values from 'webform2'. I have implemented it using javascript. I would like to know that to implement validation on 'webform1', I would require the values of 'listbox1' ,which are on the client-side , to move to the server-side . I think sending a querystring will be fine but how to implement it using javascript and code-behind(C#)? Your suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and regards, ap.       My previous query: " I am stuck wi...

Client Side values to Server Side
What is the best way to transfer Client Side values to the Server side? For example I have a variable "var1" in javascript. var1 = "sample"; How can I acquire this value in the server side?  What is the best approach for this?  Barry to send the value to the server during a postback, you need to place the value in an input control.  You could consider using a hidden textbox for that purpose.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ In the JavaScrip...

textbox value set on client side, is not visible on server side or, on the source of the page.
hi, I have a textbox on my webform. the first time I load my page I fill this textbox with  "name" on the server side. once the page is loaded I set the value of the textbox to "thisIsme" with client side code. I even see a different text in the texbox. client side:document.all('txtnameInput').value =  'thisIsme'; server side:Me.txtnaam.Text 'is stil "name" and not "thisIsme" Why is this happening? on the webpage I see the text "thisIsme", but when I look at the source of the webpage I still see the old value in it. it's very odd... I am NOT setting the value back to "name...

How can I set client side values as server side values?
Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can get client side values such as document.referrer, navigator.appName etc... into server side scripts? There are some client side values I'd like to set as session vars and insert into the db? How do I go about this? Thanks for any pointers Davlon PS (I'm using powersite 7.1.0.300) Pass them as page parameters, e.g., http://myserver/myurl?document.referrer=whatever&navigator.appName=yadayada Then, in your server-side script, just loop through the document.value array and get these values. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kie...

How to pass values from client side to server side
Hi, Is there a way to transfer variable from a client loop to a server loop. For example: var clitest = 'test'; Now I would like to get test variable from javascript into a server string variable <% sertest = ?? %> I understand that this can be done by storing a variable into a hidden control for example and than access it using server side, but when I have to transfer an array for example it get's a little more complicated. I was wondering is there more efficient approach? You can't transfer arrays, only strings. To workaround this problem pass delimited stri...

How to pass the client side values to server side?
 hello to All,Actually i wanna implement a code like... a string in HTML textbox retrieve in server side control....suppose i hv a HTML control <input type="text" id="txtHTML"/>, and dis control  txtHTML.text="abc".now i want to retrieve dis client side string "abc" in d server side textbox named "txtASP"...which hs a property runat="server"so please give me an idea how to pass values from client side to server side.... hope u understand a problem... sam.  You could do this <input type="text"...

client-side and server-side?
hi, can someone tells me how diff is client side and server side are these two? When I tried to do validation ... I would use Javascript ... which has something like: document.forms[0] ... I think that's client side. My understanding on server side is the "form" ... like u will have <form action=".." method=post> ..... </form> ... so it will send to server ... am I on the right track? Are there any other type of server side examples? Hi, ASP.NET itself is server side. Every piece of code processed is done on a server. What comes out of this is sent ...

What is Client Side and Server Side?
I am New of ASP.Net What we can and should do client side and Server Side? What uses? Please any one clear my doubt. Thanking YouEndendrum Priyamudan P m R Clientside is basically what a person can see and serverside is where actions get processed. that's kinda simply puyt but thats the deal, you code serverside, and the html and javascript it generates let's the users for example click a button, then serverside you have coded what should happen when a button gets clicked for example turn text red. Then the server sends a new page with red text to the client (clientside...

Server-side or Client-side
In general, I'm wondering if there are any criteria to use when choosing between using a client side element or a server side element. For example, if I'm going to put an HTML table on a page, how do I decide whether or not to use a server control?  Should the server side always be chosen or if there is not explicit server side functionality required is it better to opt for a "normal" client side table? Obviously, if there is a need for server side control the question is answered, I'm looking more at more ambiguous situations. Thanks  This is from Micros...

Server Side or Client Side
Hi I'm a bit confused about this whole server side / client side thing. Are applets, embeded objects consider client side? If I have a form within my aspx page which connects to a database on the server side what is it considered? If I have some business logic written within a VB file when the client access the functions within that business logic (for example some kind of validation function) does the client browser actually downloads that VB file? Can someone suggest how to differentiate between client side and server side components within a asp.net based website?  Hi, i can&#...

Client side and server side
We have a application, where we have some validation on the clientside using EnableClientSideValidation. If you don't have fullscreen you can't see some of the error-messages. What we want is to jump to the place on the page where the message is displayed. One problem is that the button is a serverbutton (runat="server"). How can we accomplish this on the clientside using the same button. I have tried to use "onClientClick" and a link something like this:   <A HREF=http://forums.asp.net/AddPost.aspx?ForumID=18#form>form<...

passing client side variable value to server side
 i have a grid and  by click on the rows, the onrowclick event is fired on client side. I want to pass the row index to the server side. As there are not sessions variables in javascript so i am stuck to pass the row to the server side.. I have made a texbox and set its valueto the index in the onrowclick event but when refresh calls, the text box became empty as the value set is on client side, i want page to persistthe value,  How can i do that? Tel me some way passing the row index to the server side?? Hi, You can call GridView_SelectedIndexChanging event on row click ev...

Web resources about - How to Encrypt the value of textbox in client side and Decrypt it in server side? - asp.net.client-side

Encrypt (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Encrypt is a television movie that premiered June 14, 2003 on the Sci-Fi Channel . Set in the year 2068, the Earth 's surface is in a cataclysmic ...

P3 Allows Photo Owners To Partially Encrypt Photos On Facebook, Choose Recipients
A research team at the University of Southern California developed a tool that encrypts photos , but only portions of those photos, so that authorized ...

Secret photos KYMS: Hide and encrypt photos, videos, documents on the App Store on iTunes
Get Secret photos KYMS: Hide and encrypt photos, videos, documents on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

SurfEasy VPN - Protect, Encrypt & Unblock the Internet - YouTube
SurfEasy encrypts all Internet traffic on your smartphone, tablet and computer to protect your online privacy and security. We give you the tools ...

Google encrypts China searches, defying Great Firewall
Google has begun routinely encrypting web searches conducted in China, posing a bold new challenge to that nation's powerful system for censoring ...

Firefox first browser to encrypt Google search by default
Firefox first browser to encrypt Google search by default CSO Magazine That change meant websites would no longer receive “referrer” data that ...

How To Secure And Encrypt Your Web Browsing On Public Networks (With Hamachi And Privoxy)
When you’re browsing from a public Wi-Fi connection — like at your favourite coffee shop — anyone on that network can snoop on what you&#821... ...

Google encrypts data to block government spies
The tech giant is racing to make it more difficult for outsiders to intercept user information. Google is racing to encrypt the torrents of information ...

Police to encrypt Hunter radios
POLICE scanners across the Hunter will go quiet next month under plans to encrypt communications between officers.

Researcher claims iOS 7 (including current 7.1.1) does not encrypt email attachments, Apple aware of ...
... researcher Andreas Kurtz has discovered that versions of iOS 7, including iOS 7.1.1 (the current release), iOS 7.1, and iOS 7.0.4 do not encrypt ...